Ravichandran Ashwin Revolted Against Virat Kohli And Complained To The BCCI- Reports

nevada

Just to make you understand a bit more

Ashwin to Smith, OUT

Got him, Ashwin has struck with an absolute beauty! He got Smith like this in Dharamsala in 2017, but that was from around the wicket. I don't know if this was meant to go on straight or if it was just natural variation, but he plays back to a length ball just outside off, and it skids through quick, takes the outside edge of his defensive bat, and straight into Ajinkya Rahane's lap at slip. Almost seemed to leave Smith off the pitch, kind of like the Mohammad Nabi arm ball

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Jaddu ended up with an average of 45 and batting average of 21.  Thankfully Thakur's average of 39 saved the excuse of including Jaddu over Ashwin. 

You are making statements which don't mean anything, it may stand true on different parameter,but thing is he wasn't competing with Jadeja not at all overseas

Vahi ek baat Jadeja ki jagah rakh lete

Bbai kitni baar bola Jadeja had not anything to do with Ashwin's exclusion

11 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

You are making statements which don't mean anything, it may stand true on different parameter,but thing is he wasn't competing with Jadeja not at all overseas

Vahi ek baat Jadeja ki jagah rakh lete

Bbai kitni baar bola Jadeja had not anything to do with Ashwin's exclusion

I am just giving how so many players were playing above him right through the whole series based on some odd ball criteria. I think pretty much every bowler in the side got atleast one opportunity. Jaddu got 4. Was about to get 5th as well. Don't you think it is odd to leave out your number 1 spinner for 4 tests in a row while playing around with other bowlers. 

12 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

What was the outcome of it,did it lose them any points or the match ,they had got their 1st inning points and there was no time to get a result.

He ran through the opposition lack of result is not on him on the others. Seems you have done a good job showing where the issue is, looks like it's not on Ashwin performance. 

11 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Ashwin played the biggest test of the English tour and India lost. It was not his fault but it just shows that Ashwin would not have made any difference on the outcome of any tests in England.His non selection for England series was the right decision.

Logic free argument. Same match was played by Bumrah/Shami/Jadeja. so they don't make any difference either going by that.

12 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Logic free argument. Same match was played by Bumrah/Shami/Jadeja. so they don't make any difference either going by that.

Exactly. Bumrah is the best bowler but he was the worst bowler on the pitch vs n.z in the final albeit he just came back from injury. 

If management knew he wasn't fit, they should have picked siraj who was in form. 

Bumrah and Middle order batting of kohli pujara and rahane cost us the game. No one but these 4. Rahane atleast scored a 40 odd although he played in the easiest of conditions. 

18 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

What exactly was he going to do ? Would he have won India the third test. Jadeja played vital role with bat in first test. It was either him or Jadeja. Playing two spinners in that ICC final was a blunder.

Edited by putrevus
On 10/2/2021 at 12:40 PM, MultiB48 said:

It's among his best performances outside Asia and still could manage only 4 in the match, it sounds harsh to make such a point but if you have gone through the thread then according to the poster I was debating with, Ashwin just had to turn up to get wickets in this series,so I mentioned it.Also according to him since England had collapsed for 85 against Ireland, now anyone can get wickets against them ,so I posted  questions on the line of why Ashwin has struggled to bowl over an opposition outside Asia  even in 3/4 inning in all these years.

He is a great test bowler for us and should have been in the 11 ,but in these conditions he is not that important and without the pacers taking most of the wickets we will struggle, the series also proved we could manage without him just like we could manage without virat in aus and this is what irks Ashwin supporters in this thread.

In test cricket it is essential for players to do their primary role. India did not field their best attack in every test not sure why that is other than some dogma.  Batting needs fix with batsmen not a lesser spinner who would not take wickets. The whole thing is convuluted Jadeja just was not picking up wickets, if he did then his selection as bowler was justified, His batting came in handy may be he needed to be in lower middle order. I would say test 4 or even 3 Ashwin had to be in the 11 before the first ball was bowled it was apparent that it would have had England absolutely on the mat.They had no capacity to go against a full Indian attack with boom shami Siraj thakur Ash. 

On 10/3/2021 at 4:49 AM, putrevus said:

Ashwin played the biggest test of the English tour and India lost. It was not his fault but it just shows that Ashwin would not have made any difference on the outcome of any tests in England.His non selection for England series was the right decision.

Ashwin was India's best bowler in that test, in test cricket ATM he is at his best, complete control over his craft.

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

What exactly was he going to do ? Would he have won India the third test. Jadeja played vital role with bat in first test. It was either him or Jadeja. Playing two spinners in that ICC final was a blunder.

Despite being average with the bat Jadeja was a Certainly walking into the xi,so Ashwin wasn't competing with Jadeja,only place he was contesting ,was of a pacer

And I don't think TM including Kaptaan was wrong here now

50 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Ask Ashwin supporters they want 2 spinners in the 11,Ashwin in place of which ever pacer who has not performed,so siraj or shami or someone else would miss out.This is where I disagreed.

Can't have two spinners in the 11 in England. Problem was middle order too weak to not have extra cushion of Jadeja batting, he was batting well enough to be a batsman, and have ash as spinner that and Ash Thakur batting could have meant sufficient batting to get through. 

3 hours ago, Mesky99 said:

Ashwin was India's best bowler in that test, in test cricket ATM he is at his best, complete control over his craft.

I agree as a bowler Ashwin is leaps and bounds better but Jadeja is adding more with bat than Ashwin.Indian team did not have trouble taking 20 wickets, they had trouble scoring runs. 

3 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Despite being average with the bat Jadeja was a Certainly walking into the xi,so Ashwin wasn't competing with Jadeja,only place he was contesting ,was of a pacer

And I don't think TM including Kaptaan was wrong here now

Indian team in away matches cannot play with just three pacers . The biggest mistake they did was to play two spinners in ICC finals. So Jadeja and Ashwin are competing for one spot.I thought playing both spinners was a right call then but I was wrong too like Kohli and TM.

Thakur if he had played ICC finals, I think would have made a big difference.Kohli's teams need a guy like Thakur who is not afraid to fail.They are playing these big matches like idiots who just cannot handle the pressure.

Edited by putrevus
1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Indian team in away matches cannot play with just three pacers . The biggest mistake they did was to play two spinners in ICC finals. So Jadeja and Ashwin are competing for one spot.Thakur if he had played ICC finals, I think would have made a big difference.

I never said play 3 pacers overseas,i said Jadeja before the start of series was walking straight into the xi for his batting alone, Ashwin wasn't competing with him,he had to displace one pacer ,but hasn't been that effective overseas (benching any of the pacer in those conditions was never easy)to influence such kind of decision in his favour,atleast in 3 out of 4 tests he wasn't required plain and simple,TM was not wrong this time around

On 10/3/2021 at 10:49 AM, putrevus said:

How did Ashwin underperform when he and shami took the same number of wickets in the match… much better than all the other  bowlers .. by that standard shami should not have played as well . 

8 minutes ago, figo6762 said:

How did Ashwin underperform when he and shami took the same number of wickets in the match… much better than all the other  bowlers .. by that standard shami should not have played as well . 

I never said Ashwin underperformed in that match. But lack of fourth pacer caused all other three fast bowlers be below par. It is not Ashwin's fault but Indian fast bowlers need that fourth fast bowler as a cushion in case one of them is having bad match.

To take 20 wickets India needs 4 fast bowlers and Jadeja is in the team more for his batting. How will Ashwin fit into the team?