Aryan Khan (SRK’s son) drug case

coffee_rules

Nobody has bashed SRK here,  he has not uttered anything  about the incident. it is about people who see his identity as the reason for some sort of harassment that Muslims , in general,  face in India. They all say he is held because of consumption, NCB has found some objectionable communication with criminals on his phone buying drugs. So, all other planted stories of his friend hiding charas in his shoes, is all BS.

3 hours ago, urbestfriend said:

Some people exepct that law should be differently applied to "Minorities", "dalits", "farmers", "opposition" etc etc ...

While some others are in the habit of castigating entire communities for crimes commited by individuals from that lot.

Bringing in scripture, events from 1220 AD, vote banks etc.

Ofcourse when someone from their own group is involved it has to be a rotten apple. 

Sounds familiar?

24 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Armaan Kohli is targetted too? No outrage for him

Anybody remember Jaani Dushman?

Different case. 

Wasn't he arrested for peddling? Different charge!

And his bail plea is rejected.

For those on the cruise ship the judgement is reserved.

Not a like for like comparison.

31 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

While some others are in the habit of castigating entire communities for crimes commited by individuals from that lot.

Bringing in scripture, events from 1220 AD, vote banks etc.

Ofcourse when someone from their own group is involved it has to be a rotten apple. 

Sounds familiar?

No one rational will see a communal angle into this arrest. Just how that F** of a son of bjp guy should rightly be behind bar forever.

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Different case. 

Wasn't he arrested for peddling? Different charge!

And his bail plea is rejected.

For those on the cruise ship the judgement is reserved.

Not a like for like comparison.

Aryan is involved some international drug traffiking  bail hearing put off till 20th. He is not in for mere possession as initially reported

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

Aryan is involved some international drug traffiking  bail hearing put off till 20th. He is not in for mere possession as initially reported

You are basing this off the 'conspiracy' charge.

IIRC, when the number of those in possession is a large number (~10-20) the prosecution can investigate a conspiracy angle under 37(2) simply due to the number of people involved. It's a legal technicality.

From what little I've read on bar and bench, his lawyer claims that the chat was with a friend/class mate in a nation where these substances aren't illegal. The trafficking charge may not hold. Hopefully, we will find out on the 20th.

13 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I quoted your post because it wasn't the anti Narcotic cell of the Mumbai police or any local police team which carried out the raid and placed these guys under arrest. It was the NCB. . Thought it was important that the distinction is brought to the fore.

Look, I am not Rana Ayub. I hardly agree with any of her posts/views. I don't know what's poetic justice in KKR reaching the final. It is a stupid comment to make. But it is not a communal comment. And she has every right to expose her stupidity.

SRK hasn't spoken about this episode yet. A Rana Ayub can't be the convenient demagogue whose voice is used to indulge in SRK bashing.

The people of India and Karan Johar made SRK a superstar. Not just Indian Muslims.

SRK is an Indian super star who happens to be a Muslim.

No one is blaming SRK for anything. He has maintained a dignified silence in all this. 

Rana Ayyub and other misery merchants, they can do humanity a favour by simply STFU and not saying anything. 

I still don't understand what SRK being Muslim has anything to do with his kid being in jail for drug use (and possibly drug trafficking).

I feel bad for Aryan, you cannot deny the fact that he is being treated differently, good or bad depends on your perspective. When I was his age and did something like this, I wanted earth to open up and swallow me, so embarrassed. Imagine knowing whole country is judging you because you are son of a megastar.

As far as Indian society is concerned, everyone has an opinion about everything doesn't matter if asked or not. Most judgemental masala loving country in the world. 

Rich people like SRK should send their kids to west for studies and make them work at McDonalds etc, trust me you learn so much at such jobs at such a young age.

2 hours ago, Vancouver said:

I feel bad for Aryan, you cannot deny the fact that he is being treated differently, good or bad depends on your perspective. When I was his age and did something like this, I wanted earth to open up and swallow me, so embarrassed. Imagine knowing whole country is judging you because you are son of a megastar.

As far as Indian society is concerned, everyone has an opinion about everything doesn't matter if asked or not. Most judgemental masala loving country in the world. 

Rich people like SRK should send their kids to west for studies and make them work at McDonalds etc, trust me you learn so much at such jobs at such a young age.

He is a full grown ass man and he is convicted charshi. He should be dealt how other charasi were dealt as per constitution.

1 minute ago, Finer said:

By that stance, 70 percent of kids would be in jail by now. Most often many kids make mistakes hence judgment is reserved for repeat offenders. But this case is entirely different. Then again, drug case is not light matter so it must be investigated properly. But the process of justice system is joke as this case is proof of that and how the case is being handled. 

He is 23! A grown-ass man. Law is always applied on a ad-hoc basis. Humans interpret differently, for the same case police in US treat blacks and whites differently 

24 minutes ago, Finer said:

By that stance, 70 percent of kids would be in jail by now. Most often many kids make mistakes hence judgment is reserved for repeat offenders. But this case is entirely different. Then again, drug case is not light matter so it must be investigated properly. But the process of justice system is joke as this case is proof of that and how the case is being handled. 

Kid... Who?? Dint you read he is 23 tear old. That guy is being charshi since last 5 years. Also can you proof 70 percent kids are charshi like this nasheri Khan.

19 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Why is this a big discussion topic anyway?

Ask the media, I even know his badge number from ET of all places and how much money SRK gave him to buy canteen food from Arthur Jail

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/magazines/panache/drug-raid-case-aryan-khan-lodged-as-badge-number-n956-in-arthur-road-jail/videoshow/87026333.cms?from=mdr

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/mumbai/aryan-khan-speaks-to-parents-via-video-call-from-jail-gets-4500-via-money-order/article37005617.ece

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

TIL you have to prove you innocence first before the arrest/hearing for bail

Is that assertion/story in the tweet you posted correct? What would the USA gain by India having a more stringent anti-drug law?

We always had an Opium/Drug Act. The NDPS was an amendment to the existing Act and due to advances in chemical technologies in making these drugs, the Act was renamed so that its name covers a wider ambit of substances and not just opioids and its derivatives.

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

Why is this a big discussion topic anyway?

Here is why I am following this case 

Are we finally becoming a country where big name is irrelevant infront of law. 

Or 

It's still the same. SRK pissed off someone and this is payback.

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Is that assertion/story in the tweet you posted correct? What would the USA gain by India having a more stringent anti-drug law?

We always had an Opium/Drug Act. The NDPS was an amendment to the existing Act and due to advances in chemical technologies in making these drugs, the Act was renamed so that its name covers a wider ambit of substances and not just opioids and its derivatives.

Kanchan is a reputed journalist, He has shared some background on the Act. But forgetting the backstory. Is it true that they have to prove reasonable innocence to get a bail in drug offenses?

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Kanchan is a reputed journalist, He has shared some background on the Act. But forgetting the backstory. Is it true that they have to prove reasonable innocence to get a bail in drug offenses?

The journalist's story seems off.

Generally, when it comes to small quantities, if there are no antecedents, bail for consumption is the norm. 

59 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Here is why I am following this case 

Are we finally becoming a country where big name is irrelevant infront of law. 

Or 

It's still the same. SRK pissed off someone and this is payback.

How does big name matter here? 

It's not the type of case where small names would rot and big names will get away easily earlier. 

Small names won't even fall in such cases usually. So, even if law manages to make big name irrelevant in this scenario, it won't prove anything.