Aryan Khan (SRK’s son) drug case

coffee_rules

1 hour ago, maniac said:

I don’t like SRK but I sympathize with him. Always felt criminal’s families should be left out of media but this has become unavoidable due to his name.

Having said that there only seem to be 2 narratives

Aryan Khan is Indian Pablo Escobar and the other is Aryan Khan is a doodh Peeta baccha who mistook cocaine for talcum powder.

If he just smoked a joint and if it is a crime, catch him for that, arrest him and then maybe make him pay the equivalent bail for it.

How is there enough material to prolong this? 

Truth is definitely somewhere in the middle. Any neutral perspectives?

I dont know the law so assuming him not getting bail is per law which is fine. Anyone who is cribbing about him being kept wrongly in jail blah blah let them come out openly and say law doesn't apply on Aryan and our lower courts judges are idiots dont know the law or influenced.  

Aryan maybe a sh-t of a human being but I dont think he is a heisenberg. Is it really worth spending so much of courts time on these 3 people. Dont care if he gets bail or no but the kind of debate happening around this case is baffling. 

7 hours ago, Mariyam said:

You are spot on here.

The right and left wing has inserted itself into this case and has assumed positions based on their ideological biases.

The RW posts on Social Media (and in this thread) show the kind of mindset that we are dealing with. Glee at the travails of court kachehri of the son of a helpless father who made it big being a nobody in an industry that favours dynasts. 

To further fan the RW, the Rana Ayub's throw a religious victim-hood angle which doesn't exist in this case.

There is nothing RW/LW as people are making it out to be. Indian criminal justice system or for that matter anywhere in the world, is very subjective and ad-hoc, left to interpretation. You and I are not in jail because the state has decided not to. If there is any destining force that decided to put you in jail, they can make it happen. Koi case thop do, aur andar kar do is the police lingo. It is the case with Arnab or Aryan or any falana dimka. Just ‘cause it happened to their fav star kid, people feel bad.

This Kannada actress got caught with a ganja syndicate in WhatsApp msgs and the state decided to make an example. Happened right after SSR case. She got bail after 145 days, none of the Bolly or libtards made big SM media campaign all along.

Actor Ragini Dwivedi released on bail in Sandalwood drugs case

The NDPS Special Court and Karnataka High Court had earlier rejected Ragini’s bail pleas. She subsequently knocked on the Supreme Court’s doors and secured bail.

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/city/bengaluru-crime/actor-ragini-dwivedi-released-on-bail-in-sandalwood-drugs-case-943414.html

**** happens, deal with it.

10 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Aryan Khan’s lawyer Satish Maneshinde said in court: 

"Deviating from the norms, which is generally seen when rave parties are busted, the Narcotic Control Bureau (NCB) did not take blood and urine samples of the accused."

The NCB officials refused to take blood and urine samples, even when Aryan had offered his tests done. The insinuation is that the NCB would have to discharge Aryan from the case immediately if his reports showed negative. Hence the refusal.

@Mariyam you are the well verse with law. Do you think NCB would do such a dumb thing to hold that adult guy, knowing if he is innocent, they could get in big trouble. If they wrongly implicate this guy, how much bad repute it would bring to them. Why do you think NCB would take such a risk.

In SM, there is a toxic criticism of the system and india being called a banana republic. Question is why does an arrest of some stupid dumb kid matters after all. Why stupid LeLis accusing BJP in all this. 

Everything will be in public domain in few months. If BJP is involved and it is official divulged by the court, then they will lose next election. 

8 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

The mistake you guys @Mariyam @Austin 3:!6  make is - you are dismissive of / underestimate the kind of evidence that may be stacked against Aryan in court by Sameer Wankhede and team based on the communication that has happened over whatsapp.  Not consuming it does not absolve him of crime. 

The electronic evidence presented shows him in touch with an entire network of dealers. 

Secondly, the risks of granting him a quick bail may be that evidence may be manipulated as soon as he is out.

It is very painful to be if you are in the SRK household purely for the parents.  But have no sympathy for Bollywood. 

While the matter is sub judice, we will not know the exact contents of the WA chats.

The question is, does he ( and the others) need to be in judicial custody for the entire duration of investigation by the NCB?

What we know is that so far none of the peddlers arrested ( also on the basis of leads from the accused) have admitted to selling to Aryan Khan. Neither have the communication devices recovered from them showed any links to the 3 main accused: Aryan, Merchant and Munmun.

Also Aryan's lawyer claims that the 'international conspiracy' charge is based on a chat with a friend who lives in a country where these things aren't illegal. And the friend isn't an Indian national.

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

While the matter is sub judice, we will not know the exact contents of the WA chats.

The question is, does he ( and the others) need to be in judicial custody for the entire duration of investigation by the NCB?

What we know is that so far none of the peddlers arrested ( also on the basis of leads from the accused) have admitted to selling to Aryan Khan. Neither have the communication devices recovered from them showed any links to the 3 main accused: Aryan, Merchant and Munmun.

Also Aryan's lawyer claims that the 'international conspiracy' charge is based on a chat with a friend who lives in a country where these things aren't illegal. And the friend isn't an Indian national.

Well he is Aryan’s lawyer. 

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

There is nothing RW/LW as people are making it out to be. Indian criminal justice system or for that matter anywhere in the world, is very subjective and ad-hoc, left to interpretation. You and I are not in jail because the state has decided not to. If there is any destining force that decided to put you in jail, they can make it happen. Koi case thop do, aur andar kar do is the police lingo. It is the case with Arnab or Aryan or any falana dimka. Just ‘cause it happened to their fav star kid, people feel bad.

This Kannada actress got caught with a ganja syndicate in WhatsApp msgs and the state decided to make an example. Happened right after SSR case. She got bail after 145 days, none of the Bolly or libtards made big SM media campaign all along.

Actor Ragini Dwivedi released on bail in Sandalwood drugs case

The NDPS Special Court and Karnataka High Court had earlier rejected Ragini’s bail pleas. She subsequently knocked on the Supreme Court’s doors and secured bail.

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/city/bengaluru-crime/actor-ragini-dwivedi-released-on-bail-in-sandalwood-drugs-case-943414.html

**** happens, deal with it.

Not sure what your point is?

Monkey-balancing, a term you throw around frequently, comes to mind.

From the link you've shared: The SC said that the WA chats lead to no evidences. Just goes on to show that the local police and the NCB were not able to furnish any proof and use WA chat as convenient bogey to keep a person in custody.

None of the RW or Arnabtards also made a big deal about this case. Why? Were there prime time discussions on Republic.TV and droves of reporters waiting outside court for all her hearings? Or memes about the misery of the hapless Ragini?

19 minutes ago, dial_100 said:

@Mariyam you are the well verse with law. Do you think NCB would do such a dumb thing to hold that adult guy, knowing if he is innocent, they could get in big trouble. If they wrongly implicate this guy, how much bad repute it would bring to them. Why do you think NCB would take such a risk.

In SM, there is a toxic criticism of the system and india being called a banana republic. Question is why does an arrest of some stupid dumb kid matters after all. Why stupid LeLis accusing BJP in all this. 

Everything will be in public domain in few months. If BJP is involved and it is official divulged by the court, then they will lose next election. 

Look, lets see this as it is.

Those accusing the BJP or those accusing the courts being harsh on Muslim undertrials ( some truth in this, but NOT related to this case) or the Mussalmaan mazloom hai gang have *zilch* to do with this case. The judge or the lawyers, do not factor any of this in their proceedings. To me that is irrelevant noise made by politicos and their lackeys. Mainly their lackeys.

I can't answer why someone would want to blame the BJP. There are dime a dozen story tellers on twitter who could weave a nice tale.

He isn't innocent. No one has claimed that!

30 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

If all of what you are saying is true based on publicly available info :

1) Why did a formidable battery of some of the best lawyers in India -- including those famous for securing bails for people like Salman Khan, Sanjay Dutt etc...fail to secure a bail for Aryan Khan ?   

2) Are you suggesting the court has not given a "fair"  decision based on case facts ?

3) Or are you suggesting that NCB/ Wankhede are just out to screw up the life of an innocent 23 year old ?

Obviously none of this is true.  

Aryan Khan may or may not be the main culprit, but, if he can be a segway to the main culprits ( which seems to be the best case scenario for Aryan Khan ), the law will still keep him in custody if they feel the main lynch pins will get away due to evidence tampering if he is let off on bail.

Edited by rangeelaraja

1 hour ago, rangeelaraja said:

If all of what you are saying is true based on publicly available info :

1) Why did a formidable battery of some of the best lawyers in India -- including those famous for securing bails for people like Salman Khan, Sanjay Dutt etc...fail to secure a bail for Aryan Khan ?   

2) Are you suggesting the court has not given a "fair"  decision based on case facts ?

3) Or are you suggesting that NCB/ Wankhede are just out to screw up the life of an innocent 23 year old ?

Obviously none of this is true.  

Aryan Khan may or may not be the main culprit, but, if he can be a segway to the main culprits ( which seems to be the best case scenario for Aryan Khan ), the law will still keep him in custody if they feel the main lynch pins will get away due to evidence tampering if he is let off on bail.

Point wise

1) The cases you mention have nothing to do with this. Not even remotely comparable. Sanjay Dutt was charged under the TADA. It took him a long time to get interim bail.

2) The NCB's behaviour in this case has diverged from their usual behaviour when it comes to rave busts. They didn't take Aryan's toxicology report though he offered to deposit samples. We will have to see what the HC has to see about all of this on the 26th.

In other news the NCB has raided Mannat and the residence of Ananya Pandey. The NCB has also issued summons for the latter.

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Point wise

1) The cases you mention have nothing to do with this. Not even remotely comparable. Sanjay Dutt was charged under the TADA. It took him a long time to get interim bail.

2) The NCB's behaviour in this case has diverged from their usual behaviour when it comes to rave busts. They didn't take Aryan's toxicology report though he offered to deposit samples. We will have to see what the HC has to see about all of this on the 26th.

In other news the NCB has raided Mannat and the residence of Ananya Pandey. The NCB has also issued summons for the latter.

Ofcourse the NCB will bring out facts that prove Aryans alleged complicity in something much bigger and not something that will allow potential lynch pins to get away scott free. 

Since when did the “proof and samples “ that the accused are keen to share become a gold standard in the court of law. 

I have a feeling many big names are going to get exposed in this racket once it reaches its logical conclusion. 

Let’s see what HC decides to do. I am betting they will stay the decision. Let’s see… 

1 minute ago, rangeelaraja said:

Ofcourse the NCB will bring out facts that prove Aryans alleged complicity in something much bigger and not something that will allow potential lynch pins to get away scott free. 

Since when did the “proof and samples “ that the accused are keen to share become a gold standard in the court of law. 

I have a feeling many big names are going to get exposed in this racket once it reaches its logical conclusion. 

Let’s see what HC decides to do. I am betting they will stay the decision. Let’s see… 

The NCB used the WA card in the Ragini Dwivedi case and the Rhea Chakraborty case too. They couldn't unearth much there. There was no exposé.

Think of it as investigative failure or whatever you wish. I'm not questioning the motives of the NCB.

Toxicology report is a generally used for a conviction when someone is arrested for substance abuse (of hard drugs) in India. Refusal to let the accused deposit samples shows that even the NCB doesn't really believe he consumed anything. 

14 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

For the sake of institution, I hope they have more substance ( no pun intended ). 

If they don’t, they will lose credibility big time. 

8 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

For the sake of institution, I hope they have more substance ( no pun intended ). 

NCB had been tracking this for a long time based on all news. They arrived on the cruise with information that would lead to arrests. 

I think if the HC also stays the decision - NCB will stand vindicated, which I think will happen.

5 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

My issue with NCB is they arrest all these Bollywood people and then the case dies down without any noise.

What happen to Rhea Chakraborty case? She was in prison for 1 month. Was she guilty or not? If she was guilty why is she is out and if she is not, did NCB apologized for caging her for a month?

What happen to that Bharti case?

What was the outcome of all the questioning they did with Deepika Padukone, Rakul Preet Singh, Sara Ali Khan etc?

I am yet to see any case goes into conclusion. They just arrest big names, keep them in Jail for a month, finally court grants them bail and everything is forgotten.

12 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

The NCB used the WA card in the Ragini Dwivedi case and the Rhea Chakraborty case too. They couldn't unearth much there. There was no exposé.

Think of it as investigative failure or whatever you wish. I'm not questioning the motives of the NCB.

Toxicology report is a generally used for a conviction when someone is arrested for substance abuse (of hard drugs) in India. Refusal to let the accused deposit samples shows that even the NCB doesn't really believe he consumed anything. 

I am neither an expert on toxicology reports nor on juris prudence as applies to this case.

I am just basing my opinion based on WHY NCB and courts are acting the way they are.

While you seem to be thinking that the toxicology report is the be all and end all,  it may flag recent consumption, but the case is more about his connections and the other big fish in this racket. NONE of his lawyers have denied that he has not consumed this stuff previously.  If he is 100 % innocent, he would have been out by now.

If you think the punishment  bail denial is too harsh for his meagre personal consumption just like some other names you named - then you are assuming that they too were in touch with the same big drug cartel as NCB is alleging for Aryan.  Your assumption may not be true.  No two cases are exactly the same.  

7 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

I am neither an expert on toxicology reports nor on juris prudence as applies to this case.

I am just basing my opinion based on WHY NCB and courts are acting the way they are.

While you seem to be thinking that the toxicology report is the be all and end all,  it may flag recent consumption, but the case is more about his connections and the other big fish in this racket. NONE of his lawyers have denied that he has not consumed this stuff previously.  If he is 100 % innocent, he would have been out by now.

If you think the punishment  bail denial is too harsh for his meagre personal consumption just like some other names you named - then you are assuming that they too were in touch with the same big drug cartel as NCB is alleging for Aryan.  Your assumption may not be true.  No two cases are exactly the same.  

You are mixing things.

1) His previous consumption pattern is not being contended. His lawyers have claimed that he was neither in possession, nor under influence when nabbed.  The NCB hasn't been able to prove otherwise. Nor are there any such antecedents. Never said anything about Aryan being innocent. He is definitely guilty of some of the offences that he has been charged with. Section 35 NDPS Act for one.

2) NCB has claimed that Aryan is a part of an international cartel. As of now, its only an allegation. The opinion/article @ravishingravi posted on the previous page would help here.

3) Punishment? So far the hearings have only been about bail. NCB's stand is: We need time while we investigate this further and need these people in custody lest he tamper with the evidence. The counter-arguement is do we need to keep people in custody for the NCB to do its investigation? On Bar and Bench, it is mentioned (by Merchant's lawyer) that the NCB did not produce any further evidence during the hearing yesterday. They first presented the chat on the 8th of October. Then made some arrests but couldn't prove that the people arrested are acquainted with ( or even know) the trio. 

38 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

My issue with NCB is they arrest all these Bollywood people and then the case dies down without any noise.

What happen to Rhea Chakraborty case? She was in prison for 1 month. Was she guilty or not? If she was guilty why is she is out and if she is not, did NCB apologized for caging her for a month?

What happen to that Bharti case?

What was the outcome of all the questioning they did with Deepika Padukone, Rakul Preet Singh, Sara Ali Khan etc?

I am yet to see any case goes into conclusion. They just arrest big names, keep them in Jail for a month, finally court grants them bail and everything is forgotten.

NCB's arguement in the Rhea Chakraborty case were comical.

All of their arguements and allegations were dismissed.

In her case, they accused her of being a part of an international drug cartel based on WA chats( Where have we heard that before). The Bombay HC said that they could find no corroborative evidence and that she was not a part of any such cartel.

The NCB also argued that Rhea should be treated harshly to make an example for the rest of the society. The Bombay HC ruled that everyone is equal in front of the law, being a celebrity ( arguable in the case of Rhea) does not warrant extra liability.

She did admit to buying drugs in small quantities for Sushant Singh Rajput.