Umran Malik - 150 kph Indian pace sensation

Texan

12 hours ago, Jay said:

Yes this is true. So many strong Indian kids in Australia these days. 

Remember malik is from a poor family. Poor upbringing. He will build his physique as he grows older now that he has had some exposure. 

He needs to fill out more. Height may be an issue? Not sure how tall be is but as long as he is atleast shamis height he should be fine. 

While he will build his physique under the right guidance, he has missed out on the benefits of living in a Western world or coming from an affluent Indian family. No fault obviously of his, but his ability to really grow and become stronger is missed as he didnt have the benefits of nutrition during his critical growing phase as a kid.

Ive seen Indians who grew up in India and come to Australia get upset at the gym because they cant become "big" despite how long and heavy they train. Ive even seen some who have tried even steroids and failed miserably too. The fact remains you need a strong foundation of nutrition during your growing phase.

42 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Last thing I want is to see this guy being wasted in domestics for 3-4 years. 

Should head straight to NCA & picked on that plane to A tour of South Africa. 

Faster highveld pitches might help him a lot & he will learn way way quicker how to use his pace well. 

Tyagi & Malik should be our no 1 priority in NCA. 

Look JKCA is corrupt dont have hope him getting any opportunity/recognition from them

Him doing well here may get him proper attention

How does he gets in for A tour based on one IPL 4 over show is to be seen

25 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

if I was Ganguly , I would get this guy along w ith Indian  riket team for 6 months and then make him play for an Indian  team - ODI and Tests....T20 may not be best for him.

Come on mate, he has only played one first class game. Agreed he has immense potential but we have no clue what is fitness is like and how his body will handle the workload. 

Him playing test cricket for India would not be in the short term future, if anything 4 overs in T20 would be the realistic target in the short term future. He needs to be mentioned and guided properly by the coaches in NCA. 

31 minutes ago, Vivek92 said:

https://www.iplt20.com/stats/2021/fastest-balls

Malik has bowled the fastest ball in this year's IPL, along with 3 of the fastest 5 balls:congrats:

All this in only his second game, the guy has insane potential.

i was wondering that nortje and ferguson are the fastest in the world , along with the english fast bowler mark woods..but this guy is bowling faster than them.

he is the best fast bowling talent India has ....hope ganguly and board get him soon to play for Indian team

we are pakaoed seeing trundlers

35 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

if I was Ganguly , I would get this guy along w ith Indian  riket team for 6 months and then make him play for an Indian  team - ODI and Tests....T20 may not be best for him.

Should be 100% on that plane to the A tour of South Africa after working in NCA.  Can't wait to see what he does on bouncier highveld tracks. 

Edited by Lone Wolf
3 minutes ago, Vivek92 said:

Come on mate, he has only played one first class game. Agreed he has immense potential but we have no clue what is fitness is like and how his body will handle the workload. 

Him playing test cricket for India would not be in the short term future, if anything 4 overs in T20 would be the realistic target in the short term future. He needs to be mentioned and guided properly by the coaches in NCA. 

agree to what you said but if he spends 2 years playing for states on indian Patta"s and later ends up beoming a trundler....we need to get him to play his fastest days for India and under bharat arun or the best fast bowling ..some thing has to be done for him to get into Indian 11 faster...he is looking defnitely better than BHUi