Umran Malik - 150 kph Indian pace sensation

Texan

23 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i was wondering that nortje and ferguson are the fastest in the world , along with the english fast bowler mark woods..but this guy is bowling faster than them.

he is the best fast bowling talent India has ....hope ganguly and board get him soon to play for Indian team

we are pakaoed seeing trundlers

Unbelievable right? A bowler from Jammu without any hype, selected as a net bowler and a late replacement for an injured/COVID bowler in a tournament with the likes of Milne, Rabada, Nortje and Ferguson, ends up bowling the fastest ball.

This is the greatness of having the world most prestigious franchisee based Cricket tournament in the world, no idea what some other fellow Indian have against the tournament, it has unearthed gems in the past and would continue to do so in the future from every corner of India.

Edited by Vivek92
14 minutes ago, Vivek92 said:

This is the greatness of having the world most prestigious franchisee based Cricket tournament in the world, no idea why some other fellow Indian have against the tournament, it has unearthed gems in the past and would continue to do so in the future from every corner of India.

Well said.

Some posters even advocate 5 overseas players in the setups, I mean what?! Shahbaz Ahmed is 10 times the cricketer those overseas sods RCB have been playing and he has hardly played any games.

IPL needs to be allowed to promote local talent which is in abundance, just the right scouting needs to be in place and the backing those players deserve.

5 hours ago, cric_fan said:

India should be ruling in all formats with the endless amount of talent at their disposal.

Don’t waste this kid in domestic cricket.

No they shouldn't. Another way for Pakistan to find some form of coping mechanism by using population as an excuse. 

India is still a 3rd world country. Still a while to go. 

This young man is a natural fast bowler, his physique is also not bad, looks like a strong boy. Height is OK, not short . His jump and delivery stride is very much like Waqar Younis . He does not need much coaching, but definitely needs guidance to avoid injuries and take care of his body.  Glad he is already 21 without having a back problem or injury . Bowlers who exert too much effort to gain pace at 17-18 age , end up injuring themselves. 

Indian cricket has good record of nurturing young cricketers well and with fast bowling culture already well established now, hopefully this guy will make steady progress. 

This guy has to be managed well, should be drafted into the national t20 side for the post World Cup NZ series. Monitor his progress, let him play only LOIs at the international level (preferably only t20s) starting off. As he gets more and more first class experience, he can slowly be included in the national squad for longer formats. Fingers crossed he manages to have a career free of injuries to whatever extent possible

8 hours ago, Vivek92 said:

Unbelievable right? A bowler from Jammu without any hype, selected as a net bowler and a late replacement for an injured/COVID bowler in a tournament with the likes of Milne, Rabada, Nortje and Ferguson, ends up bowling the fastest ball.

This is the greatness of having the world most prestigious franchisee based Cricket tournament in the world, no idea what some other fellow Indian have against the tournament, it has unearthed gems in the past and would continue to do so in the future from every corner of India.

The grumpy and salty Michael Holdings of ICF - please take note and stop running down IPL to show yourself off as elite cricket fans

@Real McCoy @raki05

8 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

The grumpy and salty Michael Holdings of ICF - please take note and stop running down IPL to show yourself off as elite cricket fans

@Real McCoy @raki05

IPL has given us Bumrah, Natarajan, Umran etc and has made guys like Pant, Thakur, Chahar (both), Siraj, Kishan, etc popular and even Ashwin back in the day. I would also call them ungrateful Holdings of ICF :no:

9 hours ago, Vivek92 said:

in a tournament with the likes of Milne, Rabada, Nortje and Ferguson, ends up bowling the fastest ball.

Rabada and Milne are nowhere near Umran's pace. They may bowl the odd ball in the high 140s but we see lots of 135 k to 139 k balls too.

Nortje, Ferguson and Wood are similar in terms of pace. Starc bowls high 140s in test matches and this is special too.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Just want to make sure people know. He is INDIAN. Not Pakistani Kashmiri or Kashmiri or any other country boy. Just indian. 

Love how peepee mentions kashmiri pacer lmao. 

He is not from Kashmir anyway..  Dude is from Jammu & is now being called Jammu express even by his franchise.  Pee Pee folks are clueless including some fake Indians there

i would request everyone not to go overboard & later get dejected.. keep hopes but i see people here tend to go overboard.. kid had a point to prove & hence bowled as fast as he can, not fair to compare with rabada & others as i’m sure they are not bowling full tilt because they are wary of their workload due to the upcoming world cup. so don’t be surprised if his pace drops by a few km’s or suddenly rabada & others look even more threatening because those professionals understand body & fitness & can change gears on demand.

happy for umran , hopefully we see a lot of him in the future but i would not want to go overboard and say he is the fastest & bla bla bla & look stupid later..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk