Kohli will be lauded for this captaincy in the WC T20 - we might even win it

goose

On 10/12/2021 at 9:28 PM, goose said:

Giving up the RCB captaincy will be just the boon he needs to succeed in the WC. An acceptance he has failed will be now be followed by redemption. The Indian side will want to win it for him now, desperately.

I disagree with the last line. I have seen zero evidence of the team having such respect for him. When it came to dhoni or sachin etc such respect was obvious. Players wanted so much to dedicate things for them 

Heck its RCB over seas players like AB who have spoken up, not a single indian player has paid tribute. 

Its very telling 

Edited by New guy
12 hours ago, zen said:

If Ind somehow wins the T20WC, Kohli should get praise as well considering that he gets criticism when Ind does not 

A lot of time it was Thala who was blamed and then Bevadaa for Kohlis failure. So, why should Kohli be praised. Both Thala (mentor) and Bevada (coach) are part of setup :om:

Edited by mishra
2 hours ago, mishra said:

A lot of time it was Thala who was blamed and then Bevadaa for Kohlis failure. So, why should Kohli be praised. Both Thala (mentor) and Bevada (coach) are part of setup :om:

Because no one cares for unnecessary hate. 

On 10/12/2021 at 10:01 PM, sarchasm said:

Dhoni has been inserted precisely to soak up all the credit if this team stumbles upon a surprise win. Understand the 5D chess being played by invisible puppet masters.

He is not charging a rupee for his mentorship.

Kuch to lega...credit hi sahi.:p:

As long as we win...I don't care if Kejriwal takes credit. Humko bas cup mangta hai !!!:bandit:

Edited by beetle
1 hour ago, zen said:

Because no one cares for unnecessary hate. 

Why, as a fan, would you hate your greatest current match winner bat unless there is sound reason?

The only person who brought most happiness to fans is MSD. I am not sure you have actually ever seen Kohli captaining the Indian side in cricket ground. Its exposed there.

Edited by mishra
1 minute ago, mishra said:

Why, as a fan, would you hate your greatest match winner unless there is sound reason?

The only person who brought most happiness to fans is MSD. I am not sure you have actually ever seen Kohli captaining the Indian side in cricket ground. Its exposed there.

If Ind wins, credit goes to both Kohli and Shastri. If Ind loses, they get the blame as well. 

2 minutes ago, zen said:

If Ind wins, credit goes to both Kohli and Shastri. If Ind loses, they get the blame as well. 

I am realist. If Rohit Dhoni and may be Shashtri  get their way, India has a chance. It will be seen in very first match by Rohit’s body language and if he is doing field placing when we are fielding.

If that doesn’t happen, Forget trophy, We may even endup loosing to Pakistan. 

35 minutes ago, mishra said:

I am realist. If Rohit Dhoni and may be Shashtri  get their way, India has a chance. It will be seen in very first match by Rohit’s body language and if he is doing field placing when we are fielding.

If that doesn’t happen, Forget trophy, We may even endup loosing to Pakistan. 

That is not the discussion, which is simply on praising those who manage to do well  ... "Realistically", I am not even sure if Rohit should be in the playing 11 in T20s, let alone worrying about his body language :lol: 

13 minutes ago, zen said:

That is not the discussion, which is simply on praising those who manage to do well  ... "Realistically", I am not even sure if Rohit should be in the playing 11 in T20s, let alone worrying about his body language :lol: 

But why praise someone else for job done by someone else. Good or bad, Credit should go to right person.  

18 minutes ago, zen said:

Conversely, why criticize Kohli if you think someone else is doing the job. 

Very valid point. Requires long answer.

but in short. Bcos Kohli should be doing that job to begin with else he should have not taken the responsibility.

Dhoni should have retired long back if it wasn’t Kohli delegating his onfeld responsibility. His tantrums and team selection and screwing up every Indian bat by chopping and changing and going AwOL when a youngster debuts in a series And then drop him nxt series. List is endless. This all tesulted that even Dhoni couldn’t win it for kohli as Dhoni himself shouldn’t have been there, but Kohli had added few more NPAs on Dhoni.

Thats why I see, Kohli as “shanidev” in team. He can’t do any good to team India but has potential to screw team. 

Edited by mishra
1 hour ago, mishra said:

Very valid point. Requires long answer.

but in short. Bcos Kohli should be doing that job to begin with else he should have not taken the responsibility.

Dhoni should have retired long back if it wasn’t Kohli delegating his onfeld responsibility. His tantrums and team selection and screwing up every Indian bat by chopping and changing and going AwOL when a youngster debuts in a series And then drop him nxt series. List is endless. This all tesulted that even Dhoni couldn’t win it for kohli as Dhoni himself shouldn’t have been there, but Kohli had added few more NPAs on Dhoni.

Thats why I see, Kohli as “shanidev” in team. He can’t do any good to team India but has potential to screw team. 

Any T20 team with both Kohli and Rohit in it is far from ideal. So Ind is starting on a backfoot in some way, requiring some very good performances. 

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

Don't be harsh on yourself. It was just the gambler within you egging you on to make such a prediction. Thankfully, it's only a forum and you stand to lose nothing but a tiny sliver of your forum cred? Nothing that cannot be salvaged.

OTOH, I'll be worried if you as a non-casual fan couldn't grasp the utter NALAYAK-ness of Kohli as a captain/leader.

what a lovely post.

on the plus side i have always backed jadeja over pandya in all formats and conditions when it was unfashionable. i didn't fall for ishant's alleged purple patch 2017-2019. these alone probably put me in a minority of one!

kohli is an alpha male. they don't always make good leaders. the best leaders in my opinion have an air of reluctance about them. they don't want to lead per se, they want to achieve.

4 hours ago, goose said:

kohli is an alpha male. they don't always make good leaders. 

Alpha beta theory was disproven even in wovles, the species for which this term was coined

So its hilarious to see people peddling such pseudo science based on some random online theories 

Human beings are incredibly complex creatires and different people can dominate in different situations 

People talking about alpha and beta in humans are like himan beings talking about the 5 humors of the body, etc

Edited by New guy