BCCI and MPL Sports reveal the new Team India ICC World Cup 2021 Jersey

1 hour ago, Lord said:

Dark blue is SL's colour. I like Sky blue

thequint%2F2021-08%2F9d3b0b85-e66b-4015-9c07-970d0f352d6d%2F05081_pti08_05_2021_000051b.jpg

I dont agree with a color being fixed to a coutry or team. Who says we cant have darker blues? even better who says we cant have any other color combos... we used to have dark blue back in 90s too.

any way I didnt expect much from BCCI

When it comes to aesthetics we are always behind ...

17 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

It's possible there's some silly rule not permitting private societies like BCCI to use national symbols but yes, the 4 lions of Ashoka would be a nice touch.

BCCI is such a susht (lazy) organization. They could have launched a jersey designing competition. Would have got lots of good designs to choose from considering the huge talent pool we have. 

Edited by AuxiliA
26 minutes ago, OpeningBatsman said:

I dont agree with a color being fixed to a coutry or team. Who says we cant have darker blues? even better who says we cant have any other color combos... we used to have dark blue back in 90s too.

any way I didnt expect much from BCCI

When it comes to aesthetics we are always behind ...

dark blue is SL's colour.

Can we have yellow if not being fixed?

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

It's possible there's some silly rule not permitting private societies like BCCI to use national symbols but yes, the 4 lions of Ashoka would be a nice touch.

We had the Ashok chakra on our jerseys in the tri series in SA in 1997. Was a big one covering the lower left part of the jersey. Not sure why did away with that 

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

thanda, hire that 12 yr old kid

I have asked  a friend of mine the Performance Director  at Cricket Scotland to get someone to pass on to her and her Mum and Dad that Indian cricket fans think her design is great ... I am sure that will make a young 12 yr olds day knowing you guys like it .

14 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

With all due respect, these design competitions are best left to bhikhari organizations. The best way is to hire the best designers with a proven portfolio and industry reputation, and offer them a few themes and color choices and let them do the work.

Yeah that could also work. But don't underestimate Fan designs. The symbol for our currency was chosen by conducting a competition.

I really love this jersey. One of our best jerseys out there. I really like this dark blue as sky blue doesn’t suit most Indians unless you are very fair. Dark blue on the other hand goes well with our skin tone and looks more manly and cool.

Also, I can actually wear the track pants in public vs the sky blue ones which I thought looked kind of gay. 

11 hours ago, sarchasm said:

India kits have been consistently good since last few years. I did fear the kit design might suffer once MPL came in place of Nike but thankfully that didn't come to pass.

Because they just recycling retro jerseys instead of trying own designs