CSK - A team that trolls everyone and every t20 theory

Ankit_sharma03

29 minutes ago, Cricspin said:

Too many theories. 

When MI win they are great but if CSK win its because others were worse or did mistakes.

Why can't we acknowledge that they are a good team. Doing  basics right regularly is not easy.  

I don't get what's so great about MI that people constantly go gaga over them.  They are a good team but not way superior to others as people make it out to be.

This exactly. MI are a good team but let’s not forget they’ve had the best team on paper for years credit to them

despite that they miss the playoffs way too often

yes they’ve won 5 titles but two of them were really lucky last ball one run wins with some dodgy umpiring going in their favour

CSK used to be great.

2011 CSK was a force of nature.

Post 2012 CSK had issues.

Post 2018 CSK is a pale shadow of their former selves.

It's incredible they won 2 IPL and almost won the third since 2018.

Cant argue with results but they just arent a great team.

This useless KKR lineup is no worthy opponent.

Imagine this CSk vs old CSK or MI....

I am not too sure they will win.

Edited by sensible-indian

they are a brilliant side with a talismanic captain.. and they had luck on their side.. played Delhi and KKR on pitches which suits them the best.. imagine playing Delhi on this pitch and kkr on the 1st qualifier  pitch.. would have been interesting 

Edited by Vk1

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

and no can use this bunch of players like him , he has his own methods that are beyond data n all 

Poorer the team better his captaincy is lol I have seen him captaining guys like Gony, Palani amarnath, Badrinath, Rajpoot (early stages), Tyagi. Even Ashwin developed under his tutelage. Recent entries of Chahar/Thakur. 

1 hour ago, Vk1 said:

they are a brilliant side with a talismanic captain.. and they had luck on their side.. played Delhi and KKR on pitches which suits them the best.. imagine playing Delhi on this pitch and kkr on the 1st qualifier  pitch.. would have been interesting 

DC has too many tuk tuks. Shaw is boom or bust. Hetty is good for 5 overs. Don't think their batting clicked consistently on any pitch. Shreyas iyer strike rate was 100.

5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Poorer the team better his captaincy is lol I have seen him captaining guys like Gony, Palani amarnath, Badrinath, Rajpoot (early stages), Tyagi. Even Ashwin developed under his tutelage. Recent entries of Chahar/Thakur. 

I think what he does right is make startegies around his limitation and put everyone to their best use. Most decent players performance can be enhanced given role suited to them. Like someone badri best used during collapses. Plus he always likes having a lot of option which allows him to use players in situations he wants. Also constant backing helps improves players in weak areas like jaddu wasnt bowling much to lefties in previous season but now he does, chahar intially wasnt used much in death but in some season dhoni also made him to do that n his eco was very good in death. 

8 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

DC has too many tuk tuks. Shaw is boom or bust. Hetty is good for 5 overs. Don't think their batting clicked consistently on any pitch. Shreyas iyer strike rate was 100.

Dc biggest crime has been wasting hetymer and even pant ( batting to low).

They can easily play left right left and ruin opp plans but too much emphasis to iyer in early seasons n add ponting biasness to stonis n smith. Rabada bowling is also dipping. 

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

yes.. dhawan's knock was ridiculous but total blame went to Stoinis

It is youngster Ruturaj who carried them mostly. CSK's bet on one veteran or the other coming good during a big match paid off again with Uthappa playing two back to back impact innings in the SF and final. The scary thing is that more teams will probably follow this formula now. Kohli already has, picking a 38 year old hobo! 

1 hour ago, nevada said:

It is youngster Ruturaj who carried them mostly. CSK's bet on one veteran or the other coming good during a big match paid off again with Uthappa playing two back to back impact innings in the SF and final. The scary thing is that more teams will probably follow this formula now. Kohli already has, picking a 38 year old hobo! 

Remember 2007 RCB team lol Dravid Chanderpaul

20 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Remember 2007 RCB team lol Dravid Chanderpaul

And Wasim Jaffer too. Mallya was furious after their sh!t show season and asked whether they are assembling a test team or a T20 team! Btw, small correction - it was 2008, not 2007. 

7 hours ago, Vilander said:

Yet an other veteran player who was dropped elsewhere comes to CSK and performs extraordinary this time utahappa how many have we seen now. Its phenomenal CSK has my respect. 

Uthappa wen from baking brownies all season to this! 2 games, two impactful innings. I still remember his fearless hitting against Aus in the 2007 T20 WC SF. It was nice to see him show some vintage form again! 

9 hours ago, Vickydev said:

Sammy already did that with his two WCs

I don't know how good or bad his bowling stats are, but he was a handy bowler with wicket to wicket line with the WK standing close to the stumps to prevent batsmen jumping out of the crease.