Congratulations Pakistan for ending the streak!

36 minutes ago, MechEng said:

This team looks drained after playing non stop cricket, seriously no enthusiasm.

Not drained. Lets not look for excuses. What we did today was exactly what Windies did yesterday. Pakistani bats played all shots on ground. Our bats were hitting sixes. 
Ash gets dropped because he is to be replaced by young blood Chakravarti but Bhuvi makes to side fir his experience.  Injured Pandya makes to side. 

In first over, after a six and four from Rizwan our skipper realises that he scores run square of boundry. Ie we have no clue no plan anound oposition. And our skipper cool job was seen how he rotated 5 bowlers in powerplay.

Rohit was silent throughout the planning. I don’t think we are playing as unit. Wont make to semis with this attitude 

2 minutes ago, mishra said:

Not drained. Lets not look for excuses. What we did today was exactly what Windies did yesterday. Pakistani bats played all shots on ground. Our bats were hitting sixes. 
Ash gets dropped because he is to be replaced by young blood Chakravarti but Bhuvi makes to side fir his experience.  Injured Pandya makes to side. 

In first over, after a six and four from Rizwan our skipper realises that he scores run square of boundry. Ie we have no clue no plan anound oposition. And our skipper cool job was seen how he rotated 5 bowlers in powerplay.

Rohit was silent throughout the planning. I don’t think we are playing as unit. Wont make to semis with this attitude 

Rohit, Pujara and Rahane are not in good terms with Kohli, that's a known fact.

Edited by MechEng
Just now, MechEng said:

Robin, Pujara and Rahane are not in good terms with Kohli, that's a known fact.

Not that. If you would have observerd, Pakistani were getting single at will. So they didn’t needed to hit in air. But Anything in air was in gaps. Who is to be blamed but skipper for this. I have allways maintained, its just that 1-2 yards left right front back makes all the difference when stopping singles or boundry or getting a catch.

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I never thought I'd use the word calm in the context of Pakistan.

But they batted with a lot of composure. We're so used to irrational emotional shots from their batters giving away unnecessary wickets. Not so the case today.

Congratulations Pakistan.

Rizwan and babar have been doing this for a long time now.  I know many Indians used to mock them and their rankings but their stats are outstanding 

13 minutes ago, goose said:

I don't know what the rest of the Pak batting side is like but on this show they will take some stopping.

Welcome to Pakistan cricket. 

They play like champions one day only to fall like a pack of cards the very next day. I will not be surprised if they lose to Afg in the coming week. 

3 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

Welcome to Pakistan cricket. 

They play like champions one day only to fall like a pack of cards the very next day. I will not be surprised if they lose to Afg in the coming week. 

i dunno they looked very professional out there today.

Philander and Hayden - not a bad bowling batting coaching duo that

1 minute ago, goose said:

i dunno they looked very professional out there today.

Philander and Hayden - not a bad bowling batting coaching duo that

They are world class players/professionals. I am sure these guys needed someone to tell them to calm down. 

There was a fixed pattern in all India-Pak matches I have seen in WCs. Pak always choked under pressure. They didn't today and I think this could have been the difference.

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I never thought I'd use the word calm in the context of Pakistan.

But they batted with a lot of composure. We're so used to irrational emotional shots from their batters giving away unnecessary wickets. Not so the case today.

Congratulations Pakistan.

yes pointed this out on the match thread - bt to be fair, the sub par target never really put them under that much pressure.  

But they batted well and earned the win.  India tried but just couldn't get out from under the massive crap-boulder of the 1st powerplay - 36/3 is hard to recover from.  Pak for a change didn't lose the plot on either side of the ball.  Every time India started to claw its way back - with Sky hitting a couple of boundaries, or Rishabh doing it, like clockwork a wicket fell, or a tight over came through.  Things went Pak's way from the toss onwards, and for rest of the day for the most part apart from 19.5.  

A bad day and upset can happen in T20, it is what it is.  But a lot of folks are reading waaaaaaaaaaay too much into things.

Edit: Btw, thanks to @rangeelaraja for repeatedly making me smile with his obsessive following of each of my post, and tagging it with the laugh smiliey.  I mean, the fact that I live rent-free in your head, to this degree, is indeed hilarious.  

Edited by sandeep
8 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

This was a win I never expected seeing in my life time. Shows how great of a competitor India is. Its no wonder they are rated so highly in world cricket. Had a pleasure of seeing this match while cheering for every run and wicket. Thank you India for giving us a great game. Breaking this streak was an icing on the cake. Made the wait worth it. 

the main streak of 7-0  still  is in place.... How ever Pakistan can be relieved of the fact that  they could finally get rid of  at least the lesser streak  of the 2  and there by the over all streak.