Kohli now destroys a 30 year legacy. Started in 1992, ended in 2021

1 hour ago, zen said:

One of the greatest winning streaks across two world cup formats by any team versus any team. Had to end at some point but credit to team Ind for carrying it for so long (From the early years of Sachin 1992 to the retirement Dhoni 2019). 

As far as the tournament goes, only silver lining (if it can be said that way) is that India would be motivated to pick its game and win the T20WC 2021. As a consolation, the streak in ODI WC is still alive. 

Summary

50-over World Cup (1992-Present, streak still alive)

• 1992 - India beat Pakistan by 43 runs in Sydney
  • 1996 - India beat Pakistan by 39 runs in Bengaluru
  • 1999 - India beat Pakistan by 47 runs in Manchester
  • 2003 - India beat Pakistan by 6 wickets in Centurion
  • 2011 - India beat Pakistan by 27 runs in Mohali (Semifinal)
  • 2015 - India beat Pakistan by 76 runs in Adelaide
  • 2019 - India beat Pakistan by 89 runs in Manchester

T20 World Cup (2007-2021)

• 2007 - India beat Pakistan via bowlout (match tied) in Durban
  • 2007 - India beat Pakistan by five runs in Johannesburg (Final)
  • 2012 - India beat Pakistan by 8 wickets in Colombo
  • 2014 - India beat Pakistan by 7 wickets in Dhaka
  • 2016 - India beat Pakistan by 6 wickets in Kolkata

My post was merged into "this" thread :facepalm:

46 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Which ones on the field?

I wasnt following this borefest ball to ball.

53 minutes ago, Lord said:

Playing Bhuvi over Thakur

No in form Kishan

Jaddu over Pandya with spinners bowling

Opening bowling with worst form bowler Bhuvi knowing target is small

Bumrah not bowling towards the end. Saved one over for nothing.

22 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Most Shocking thing is they didn't even picked a wicket... Harmless bowling with no zip & skill. 

They needed Siraj here & Shardul is better than bhuvi/Shami. 

Varun was looking completely harmless too. The same guy looks million dollars in the IPL. He looked the same in the Warm-ups too. 

26 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

Varun was looking completely harmless too. The same guy looks million dollars in the IPL. He looked the same in the Warm-ups too. 

heavy dew and set openers. Both spinners were okay and actually better than our seamers

36 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

Got hit in his last over when the match was done. His captain clown was toying around with the bowlers giving them 1 over spells and spread the field the moment power play ended. 

In IPL, he plays under a tactically shrewd captain.  Under his India captain, he will continue to struggle like so many youngsters.

46 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

Have you even watched the match. He bowled 3 good overs only one was bad. He wasn't  great but he didn't look million dollars in IPL either. He was just good in IPL. Actually  I was surprised how he was selected.

4 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Got hit in his last over when the match was done. His captain clown was toying around with the bowlers giving them 1 over spells and spread the field the moment power play ended. 

In IPL, he plays under a tactically shrewd captain.  Under his India captain, he will continue to struggle like so many youngsters.

Seeing the field spread out, giving away easy singles, no pressure built. Very poor from the captain. 

1 minute ago, Pollack said:

Have you even watched the match. He bowled 3 good overs only one was bad. He wasn't  great but he didn't look million dollars in IPL either. He was just good in IPL. Actually  I was surprised how he was selected.

Agreed. But he sure looked a far more potent bowler for KKR playing alongside Shakib and Narine. Maybe they made him look that good putting pressure on the batters.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

What is this nonsensical legacy. They were bound to win one match.It is better to lose first match than at the knockout stages.

It will be remembered as a HAMMERING instead of just another loss not because it was Pakistan. It is because we were the much fancied side and the defeat margin was 10 WICKETS.

Shaheen and Rauf are good bowlers. Bowled 135 to 152. Indian pacers did not have their pace skill or height. Kohli tried to survive after the initial wickets so it was a foregone conclusion. This is not the apt team for the tourney, good that they got exposed early May be they might do better in later games. 

Overall great game from Pak. They are the better T20 side. 

1 minute ago, Adi_91 said:

It will be remembered as a HAMMERING instead of just another loss not because it was Pakistan. It is because we were the much fancied side and the defeat margin was 10 WICKETS.

Who cares if it was hammering or one run loss.Loss is a loss. They are good enough team to overcome this loss and make semis as they are in much weaker group.India is not fancied team by any measure over any other big teams in the tournament.They have the most glaring weaknesses unlike other top teams.Top 3 need to deliver and they have to get another bowler if pandya cannot bowl they will be alright.It is just one match.

Just now, putrevus said:

Who cares if it was hammering or one run loss.Loss is a loss. They are good enough team to overcome this loss and make semis as they are in much weaker group.India is not fancied team by any measure over any other big teams in the tournament.They have the most glaring weaknesses unlike other top teams.Top 3 need to deliver and they have to get another bowler if pandya cannot bowl they will be alright.It is just one match.

It does matter in a multi team tournament with NRR coming into play for 2 spots. India is the fancied side over Pakistan for sure. This is not because I support the team, but just due to the quality of the side.

Which team you think does not have a weakness? For a reason, you have played England at home and won early this year. All top teams struggle if their top order fails like it happened for India. Even England if reduced to 31/3 will be under pressure.

I do agree with Pandya not bowling being a problem. This squad has too many players who can't bowl or bat and does only one job. That is a valid criticism of this squad.

2 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

It does matter in a multi team tournament with NRR coming into play for 2 spots. India is the fancied side over Pakistan for sure. This is not because I support the team, but just due to the quality of the side.

Which team you think does not have a weakness? For a reason, you have played England at home and won early this year. All top teams struggle if their top order fails like it happened for India. Even England if reduced to 31/3 will be under pressure.

I do agree with Pandya not bowling being a problem. This squad has too many players who can't bowl or bat and does only one job. That is a valid criticism of this squad.

When you enter any match with just five bowling options , you are handcuffing the captain as he has no room to make any changes if one bowler is having bad day if multiple bowlers have bad day like today it will be a blowout..No other big team has just five bowling options. Winning against England in England or India does not prove anything.India still is a very unbalanced side.

It is easier for any team to overcome losses like this than a close match.Other team was just better today, you accept it and move on to next match.

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

When you enter any match with just five bowling options , you are handcuffing the captain as he has no room to make any changes if one bowler is having bad day if multiple bowlers have bad day like today it will be a blowout..No other big team has just five bowling options. Winning against England in England or India does not prove anything.India still is a very unbalanced side.

It is easier for any team to overcome losses like this than a close match.Other team was just better today, you accept it and move on to next match.

I agree with the 5 bowling options. That was going to backfire sooner or later.

I do worry NZ have a very similar bowling attack in the PP with Boult. I don't think the batsmen can suddenly come with an alternate plan for the next weekend game. So, I am wondering if we are staring at an early exit.

1 minute ago, Adi_91 said:

I do worry NZ have a very similar bowling attack in the PP with Boult. I don't think the batsmen can suddenly come with an alternate plan for the next weekend game. So, I am wondering if we are staring at an early exit.

If Boult can generate any swing both Rahul and Rohit will be sitting ducks again. That is fatal weakness for them and they won't have any answer for rest of their careers.You just hope Boult does not do what Afridi did today.

3 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

The common sensical solution is to have left hander opening at the top. We do have options. You are making it out to be as it Left arm seamers are from another planet that the Indian team is not familiar with. 

they have played boult a million times in the MI nets