India most likely out of the tournament

SK_IH

1 minute ago, The Realist said:

So if lose v NZ in next game it could be over?

All those other games will be almost pointless 

What scheduling 

You know I was thinking about this just yesterday. So I was hoping we would have won today and then also against NZ, then easily topped the group with some light games in the league stage against Associate Nations before choking in the Semis.

Now this result means, we may not even get to the semis. :facepalm:

1 minute ago, Adi_91 said:

You know I was thinking about this just yesterday. So I was hoping we would have won today and then also against NZ, then easily topped the group with some light games in the league stage against Associate Nations before choking in the Semis.

Now this result means, we may not even get to the semis. :facepalm:

If we are not good enough to beat the other two test sides in our group, why do we even deserve to be in the semis?

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

If we are not good enough to beat the other two test sides in our group, why do we even deserve to be in the semis?

I didn't see this loss today coming, so I was backing the team to make it. Now, looks more suspect. I don't think 2 defeats with a bad NRR will be enough to qualify.

29 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Yes. It can happen.In a way i won't be disappointed with that fate as it will ensure Kohli leaves the side as captain in the most humiliating way possible.

We have the entire leadership group - captain, head coach, bowling coach - serving their ‘notice period’. Common sense suggests no organization  would ever entrust a team which is on its way out to lead a critical project. Was a cardinal mistake to retain Kohli as captain for the event.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
3 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

I tell you, not making the semis for the captain who is exiting will leave his already questionable legacy in tatters!

If anything, his legacy today has been sealed. The first Indian captain to choke against Pakistan in a freaking World Cup. That’s what clown should be remembered for.

8 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

We have the entire leadership group - captain, head coach, bowling coach - serving their ‘notice period’. Common sense suggests no organization  would ever entrust a team which is on its way out to lead a critical project. Was a cardinal mistake to retain Kohli as captain for the event.

It was always going to be binary ringing in such micro upheavals before an important tournament. The team isn't good enough to win on auto pilot despite it.