Mohammad Shami subjected to online abuse by trolls

18 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

This story sickened me more than the defeat. To see people throwing mud at a player who plays a sport hard enough that most can't play is deeply sickening! I guess most people forgot that he had taken 4/35 in a WC game in 2015 against the same opposition. 

This was from ICC tweeting. They have been gloating about Pak winning and India losing more than usual. Bhikarii log, Indian paise ke bhooke.

Who TF is this guy?

Edited by coffee_rules
1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

This was from ICC teeering. They have been floating about Pak winning and India losing more than usual. Bhikarii log, India paise ke bhooke.

Who TF is this guy?

Since yesterday. I am getting the feeling as if Pak team and fans think they have won the WC. I guess when your aim is so low, then this may seem like an achievement.

17 hours ago, ash said:

Where did I say it was IT wing? This is the society now, this is the new normal. We have always been like this, even before BJP.  Morons who were hiding their hate are just coming out now, due to social media anonymity and presence of a govt that they know will not do anything to condemn this. 

You want the government to go after anonymous posters abusing on IG? A lot of abuses were thrown on other players and they all limited comments on IG. one can mute comments on IGLiberals have picked up on this to fit a Muslim victimhood narrative. The same Shami was abused by Muslims when he posted pics of him with his wife. All of the Arfa, Rana’s and eminent intellectuals conveniently ignored it as pointing out Muslims mentality is Islamophobia 

Edited by coffee_rules
2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

You want to the government to go after anonymous posters abusing on IG? Same abused was thrown on other players and they all limited comments. Liberals have picked up on this to fit a Muslim victimhood narrative. The same Shami was abused by Muslims when he posted pics of him with him s wife. All of the Arfa, Rama’s and liberals conveniently ignored it as pointing out Muslims mentality is Islamophobia 

and how much abuse did Gambhir get for joining BJP or Sehwag gets for his tweets ... libtards are in another time-continuum 

15 minutes ago, diga said:

and how much abuse did Gambhir get for joining BJP or Sehwag gets for his tweets ... libtards are in another time-continuum 

Both aren’t same when you make political statements on Twitter you are bound to get abused. Shami plays for india, doesn’t deserve to be called traitor because he had a bad day with the ball. 

3 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

You want to the government to go after anonymous posters abusing on IG? Same abused was thrown on other players and they all limited comments. Liberals have picked up on this to fit a Muslim victimhood narrative. The same Shami was abused by Muslims when he posted pics of him with him s wife. All of the Arfa, Rama’s and liberals conveniently ignored it as pointing out Muslims mentality is Islamophobia 

Which other player is abused because of his religion? Please tell me.

And also I have noticed that when no other argument works, you always go back to whataboutery. Did I anywhere support Muslims or claim that they are perfect? Why would you bring a completely unrelated incident to twist the narrative?

This is just plain Islamophobia. As simple as that. A famous muslim personality just cannot be political in this country, or in this case cannot even have a bad day at the job.

harsh reality is that there were always such morons who used to spout ugly hate about players - in the past too.  Only difference is that social media amplifies their voice.  I wish India was a place where such ugly views did not exist - but that's unrealistic.  I do wish that there was a greater recognition of the insidious evil that such garbage infects society with.  

And add to that, there are folks out there, who are intentionally amplifying miniscule minority to push their own agenda.  

On 10/25/2021 at 4:16 PM, ShoonyaSifar said:

Naah man, go to his insta account, abuses were all mostly from real people, some have started deleting their accounts now.

Thankfully after media reported it, hundreds have commented supporting him.

There you go…

https://www.news18.com/news/india/manufactured-outrage-over-abuse-for-shami-trolling-came-from-pak-social-media-users-4367600.html