Mohammad Shami subjected to online abuse by trolls

8 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Why will it carry more than normal person. See again this amuses me .What is the hypocrisy in it, he is getting paid so he is giving an ad.

Please check the wedding pictures of Kohli & fireworks there or the link posted above.. Isnt it hypocrisy?

Just now, diga said:

Please check the wedding pictures of Kohli & fireworks there or the link posted above.. Isnt it hypocrisy?

I don't have to check , he might be douchebag outside the cricket ground but to me it is irrelvant.It is their life and they can do whatever they want with it.

2 hours ago, kepler37b said:

How many people flamed Shami? How many persons and how many statements? We need to be factual in response. If it is handful of people on internet, we need to ban them from platforms and ignore about it.  Idiots are everywhere. 

India is an  extremely  over populated with limited resources. People fight like dogs for them. I am not surprised each and every dumb **** Indian celeb want to claim the limelight using this issue.  Roji roti kaa maamla hai.

And let's not wait for approval from Muslim world or west.  They will never appreciate Dharmics for any thing. Except when we growel to their world view. Which our celebs/cricketers are doing. 

I wish that Gambhir would have defended Shami, or any RW Politician would defended him openly. It would have been much more effective than Kohli's statement. 

In my view, RW politicians/celebrities are not OPENLY ENOUGH criticizing these ultra right rough elements.

I feel that this harassment does effect the people and their families, even if it comes from only few extremists. At this point, all should stand united against such harassment. Only then this practice/tradition of harassment could be ended. 

2 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

“so doing namaz in front of Hindus”.. were his team mates not present there? It’s an indirect reference to them.

stop trying to deflect the larger issue

Deflect what larger issue?

You first bring in some fictional Bollywood angle and now talk about a 'larger issue'. They are two different things.

Waqar didn't address anyone particularly. And Waqar was called out by many Indian politicos/commentators/cricketers.

What has that to do with the alleged abuse Shami faced?

20 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

I wish that Gambhir would have defended Shami, or any RW Politician would defended him openly. It would have been much more effective than Kohli's statement. 

In my view, RW politicians/celebrities are not OPENLY ENOUGH criticizing these ultra right rough elements.

I feel that this harassment does effect the people and their families, even if it comes from only few extremists. At this point, all should stand united against such harassment. Only then this practice/tradition of harassment could be ended. 

https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/news/gautam-gambhir-hits-back-at-mohammed-shami-critics-who-questioned-his-integrity-asks-where-are-we-heading-4374938.html

He did criticize. 

4 hours ago, putrevus said:

I don't have to check , he might be douchebag outside the cricket ground but to me it is irrelvant.It is their life and they can do whatever they want with it.

Problem is his off-field antics influencing his batting, captaincy & ultimately Indian cricket... thats where Kohli needs some guidance from a sane person 

28 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

What abuse? Which Indian cricketer doesn't get abused? Once again I ask, does a muslim cricketer in India get a pass from abuse? What's the big deal if Shami gets abused for his religion from a few on the fringe when Hindus have grown up in this country watching muslims celebrate Pakistan win over India?

Your logic makes no senee

13 hours ago, sarchasm said:

What abuse? Which Indian cricketer doesn't get abused? Once again I ask, does a muslim cricketer in India get a pass from abuse? What's the big deal if Shami gets abused for his religion from a few on the fringe when Hindus have grown up in this country watching muslims celebrate Pakistan win over India?

Some Muslims celebrating a Pakistani win by bursting crackers and sloganeering against India is symptomatic of a deeper malaise. A mindset of animosity towards Hindus and India as a concept. Why that mindset has come to be, needs a discussion at a main stream level and not sugarcoating it as harmless stuff/ kids bursting crackers etc. But this has nothing to do with Shami getting abused. There is no cause effect relation here.

As far as abuse towards Shami is concerned, in its nature it wasn't just the regular abuse that a cricketer faces by faceless fans. It was directed at Shami the Muslim cricketer who failed against Pakistan and not just against Shami the cricketer. 

If you ask me, online abuse isn't a big deal. I don't think Shami would be too bothered.

That said, I don't see anything wrong in what Kohli said either. He stood up for a team mate. Would you rather he didn't? 

There are a dozen things wrong with Kohli the captain. This statement isn't one of them.

11 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Some Muslims celebrating a Pakistani win by bursting crackers and sloganeering against India is symptomatic of a deeper malaise. A mindset of animosity towards Hindus and India as a concept. Why that mindset has come to be, needs a discussion at a main stream level and not sugarcoating it as harmless stuff/ kids bursting crackers etc. But this has nothing to do with Shami getting abused. There is no cause effect relation here.

As far as abuse towards Shami is concerned, in its nature it wasn't just the regular abuse that a cricketer faces by faceless fans. It was directed at Shami the Muslim cricketer who failed against Pakistan and not just against Shami the cricketer. 

If you ask me, online abuse isn't a big deal. I don't think Shami would be too bothered.

That said, I don't see anything wrong in what Kohli said either. He stood up for a team mate. Would you rather he didn't? 

There are a dozen things wrong with Kohli the captain. This statement isn't one of them.

Assuming a lot here. Online anonymous trolls can be tracked. A significant number came from Oakistani based trolls maybe ISPR IT cell job to  set a narrative for all Indians to call for shame 

https://www.news18.com/news/india/manufactured-outrage-over-abuse-for-shami-trolling-came-from-pak-social-media-users-4367600.html

https://www.opindia.com/2021/10/pakistani-handles-peddled-shami-muslim-abuse-propaganda-and-indian-left-liberals-lapped-it-up/

10 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Assuming a lot here. Online anonymous trolls can be tracked. A significant number came from Oakistani based trolls maybe ISPR IT cell job to  set a narrative for all Indians to call for shame 

https://www.news18.com/news/india/manufactured-outrage-over-abuse-for-shami-trolling-came-from-pak-social-media-users-4367600.html

https://www.opindia.com/2021/10/pakistani-handles-peddled-shami-muslim-abuse-propaganda-and-indian-left-liberals-lapped-it-up/

The links you share mention tweets ( which seem sarcastic) by Pakistanis. The abuse was on Instagram. @ash had shared that pic earlier on the thread.