Lucknow and Ahmedabad...the new ipl teams

beetle

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

bad and confusing format. Also everyone wont play everyone.

Better to have one round robin phase on neutral venues. Last 2 IPLs are on neutral grounds anyway.

Thats 49 matches. 74 is too much

My ideal A’bad 11 from Gujarat based players + 4 Int 

Buttler 

Count Pujara (for fun and if pitches turn at A’bad)

Convey 

Jadeja - floater role like Mooen 

SDP (c)

Hooda 

Krunal/Axar

Archer 

Harshal 

Rashid (or Starc for some more pace and left arm angle)

Bumrah

yes-yas.gif

Edited by zen
33 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Something tells me Adani will buyout a IPL team in near future. They are too big and they have missed out twice now.

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

If these new bidders make good money, next round will be the petrodollars from the middle east. Adani has no chance.

Ahmedabad IPL winners seem to be long term sports investors and have played it smart. Apart from the TV rights money & team advertising in a cash rich Gujarat, they also get gate receipts from the worlds largest cricket stadium. Covid or no-covid, even if they fill 1/4 of the stadium they are looking at a breakeven earlier than RPSG's Lucknow

Ahmedabad IPL winners seem to be long term sports investors and have played it smart. Apart from the TV rights money & team advertising in a cash rich Gujarat, they also get gate receipts from the worlds largest cricket stadium. Covid or no-covid, even if they fill 1/4 of the stadium they are looking at a breakeven earlier than RPSG's Lucknow
Ultimately they will sell for profit and leave. They will start by selling stakes.

CVC usually dont run sports teams. Will be very interesting to see how they run this IPL team. Somehow i feel they will sell stake to some Indian.

11 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Ultimately they will sell for profit and leave. They will start by selling stakes.

CVC usually dont run sports teams. Will be very interesting to see how they run this IPL team. Somehow i feel they will sell stake to some Indian.

Doubt it.. they were invested in Formula-1 for 10 years and they just signed a 50 year deal with La-Liga. Never heard of someone signing a 50year deal 

https://www.laligalowdown.com/post/who-are-cvc-capital-partners-and-what-is-their-deal-with-laliga

Edited by diga

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/ipl/top-stories/new-ipl-teams-bcci-expecting-anything-between-rs7k-cr-10k-cr-with-adani-goenka-aurobindo-in-fray/articleshow/87235873.cms

Former India cricketer may join one of the consortium

A former India opener may join one of the consortiums which is expected to be serious bidders for the new franchises.
"Yes, a former India opener is ready to shell out around INR 300 crore and buy a minority stake if the consortium he is part of is able to successfully bid for a new team. He comes from a business family and he does want to invest in a cricket team.
"He is a distinguished player in his own right and also understands how the franchisee universe works," the BCCI source said.

Any idea who is this cricketer? Is it Gavaskar, Tendullkar or Ganguly?