Build-up before NZ game - India's preparations/team selection thread

Rohit

Kishan

Rahul

Kohli

Pant

SKY/Pandya ( Pandya preferred if he bowls else SKY)

Jaddu

Thakur

Ashwin/Chahar

Shami

Bumrah

I still remember SKY playing the finishers role for KKR and MI in his early days and he was decent at it...

The problem with playing 5 genuine bowlers + Jaddu is it weakens our top orders risk taking capacity. They are anyway slow starters and if you tell them you are playing with one batsman short they will be more defensive.

We are really struggling with all-rounders.. I feel in T-20's you should have atleast 2 genuine all-rounders in your squad... See any other team they all have atleast 2 genuine all-rounders.  

The team we want vs the team that will be selected is chalk and cheese.

Kohli is a simple man and a proud man, he will back the same stupid combination, probably Ash for VC.

I dont ever recall Kohli making ever whole sale changes to a team in any meaningful series after just one game.

Rohit

Rahul

Kohli

SKY

Pant

Pandya

Jaddu

Bhuvi

Ashwin

Shami

Bumrah

On 10/28/2021 at 3:37 AM, maniac said:

On topic 

Rohit 

Kishen

Kohli

Rahul

Pant

Jadeja

Thakur

Ashwin

Rahul Chahar

Shami

Bumrah

will pick Shami over Bhuvi. Shami can get you a wicket out of nowhere while the spinners choke runs. Should bowl with older ball and not new. I have 6 bowlers to cover up for bad day so go all attacking. Batting won’t do Jack here. Tuk tuk away, get enough and go all out attack with the ball.

• rohit
  • KL rahul
  • kohli
  • Surya
  • Ishan ahead of Hardik as a batsman. I would have preferred to play venkatest IYER as sixth bowler.
  • Pant
  • Varun Chakrabarty
  • shammi
  • bumrah
  • Shardul ahead of Jaddu as Jaddu's bowling is not clicking and  I will play shardul ahead of Jaddu.
  • Avesh Khan ahead of Bhuvi...if it is possible.

Tum sab log pehli fursat mein nikallo

2.gif

India likely to play same team against New Zealand

India likely to play same team against New ZealandIt is understood that all the decision-makers in the Indian team set-up feel that No 7 is too high a batting position for Shardul

Mahendra Singh Dhoni's successful "CSK template" is likely to be continued as the Indian team management has more or less made up its mind to play the same eleven against New Zealand in the 'do or die' T20 World Cup game on Sunday.
The CSK template in Indian cricketing lingo is not tinkering with the side after one defeat or for that matter not rocking the boat till it's required. The only disclaimer would be if anyone is not fit to play on Sunday, then only there would be  if anyone is not fit to play on Sunday, then only there would be a change in the set-up.

Tony ki aisi ki taisi

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/sports/cricket/india-likely-to-play-same-team-against-new-zealand-1045487.html

Edited by coffee_rules
11 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Tum sab log pehli fursat mein nikallo

2.gif

India likely to play same team against New Zealand

India likely to play same team against New ZealandIt is understood that all the decision-makers in the Indian team set-up feel that No 7 is too high a batting position for Shardul

Mahendra Singh Dhoni's successful "CSK template" is likely to be continued as the Indian team management has more or less made up its mind to play the same eleven against New Zealand in the 'do or die' T20 World Cup game on Sunday.
The CSK template in Indian cricketing lingo is not tinkering with the side after one defeat or for that matter not rocking the boat till it's required. The only disclaimer would be if anyone is not fit to play on Sunday, then only there would be  if anyone is not fit to play on Sunday, then only there would be a change in the set-up.

Tony ki aisi ki taisi

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/sports/cricket/india-likely-to-play-same-team-against-new-zealand-1045487.html

This looks like its all over for us. 

Ideally, you would play a 11 for the first two games (based on whatever the team’s initial plan was) before making changes. 

However, I would go with the below:

KL

Kishan

SKY

Pant

SDP (Hardik)

Jadeja

Thakur 

Rohit/Kohli (floaters … momentum busters and stats padders)

Ashwin/Varun/Chahar/Bhuvi

Shami

Bumrah