Electric vehicles in India

Trichromatic

On 5/18/2022 at 4:49 PM, Mariyam said:

530i

Big downgrade anyways u look at ur current ride, consider this for ur next one :burnout:

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto/cars/bmw-i4-electric-sedan-to-launch-in-india-today-price-expectations-41653532838072.html

On 5/26/2022 at 4:27 PM, Clarke said:

Big downgrade anyways u look at ur current ride, consider this for ur next one :burnout:

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto/cars/bmw-i4-electric-sedan-to-launch-in-india-today-price-expectations-41653532838072.html

We were considering a luxury EV variant. But the Mr had some compelling logic against buying in that category.

He reckoned that all these are version 1.0 of the EVs in India. In the next two years there is going to be a lot of change/upgrade in the EV tech that these vehicles use. Upgrade in terms of vehicular performance, not just superficial/luxury related upgrades. That basically means the v 1.0 vehicles will have really poor re-sale as they would be obsolete in a short time.

Ergo, the Nexon EV.  

20 hours ago, Mariyam said:

We were considering a luxury EV variant. But the Mr had some compelling logic against buying in that category.

He reckoned that all these are version 1.0 of the EVs in India. In the next two years there is going to be a lot of change/upgrade in the EV tech that these vehicles use. Upgrade in terms of vehicular performance, not just superficial/luxury related upgrades. That basically means the v 1.0 vehicles will have really poor re-sale as they would be obsolete in a short time.

Ergo, the Nexon EV.  

Makes sense, it might not happen in 2 years but holding back is a safer bet and offers more options for the future. 

Good choice (in choosing your Mr) :p:

From a comment: Government has canceled the subsidies of okinawa, hero electric, Tunwal ,benling, okaya etc and banned them from Fame 2 after Raids by DRI found that these companies were importing all components through indirect routes and were violating 75% localisation rule of Fame 2 , Only Vida by hero motocorp, Bajaj ,Tvs ,Ather ,Simple energy, Ola etc are now eligible for FAME 2

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/auto/electric-bikes/govt-halts-fame-subsidies-to-hero-electric-okinawa-over-part-localisation/articleshow/94702655.cms

Red flag for those considering the rebranded chinese EVs, they could be a real hazard if not tested & optimized for Indian conditions. 

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

A neighbour bought the Kia EV6.

The vehicle looks like a space ship. Very futuristic in the silver metallic colour.

I'm hardly wowed by fancy cars, but I could legit take a selfie next to this vehicle because it looks anachronistic. Like a time travellers vehicle.

In Mumbai ? Yeah. It feels like a time travel anyway in Mumbai. 

9 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

In Mumbai ? Yeah. It feels like a time travel anyway in Mumbai. 

Yes. In Mumbai.

Must not be a very popular car though. This is the only instance I saw the Kia EV6. 

This vehicle catches the eye.

On 5/12/2023 at 11:22 PM, Mariyam said:

A neighbour bought the Kia EV6.

The vehicle looks like a space ship. Very futuristic in the silver metallic colour.

I'm hardly wowed by fancy cars, but I could legit take a selfie next to this vehicle because it looks anachronistic. Like a time travellers vehicle.

Proportions are on the longer side for Mumbai or Bengaluru bumper to bumper traffic...