Hasan Ali Safety Watch

sage

6 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

I think what he saying is ….she “ made it “ , because she represented India. 

Had she been born in a constitutionally Muslim country, she would not even had a shot. So she owes India and not vice versa. 

And “ despite” that she wants to dip all her fingers in the cookie jar. Utilize India for money/endorsements while at it, but have divided allegiance by marrying someone from an enemy state. 

The first part of your post is something I come across quite frequently on this site.

Had xyz ( mostly a Muslim) been born in a Muslim nation yadda yadda....

That line of thought has an undercurrent of condescension.

Of course she 'made it' because represented India. That's undeniable. But that is true for *most* Indians sportsmen/women.

Sachin Tendulkar also 'made it' because he represented India. If he were born in a Pakistan, he would be discriminated against on the basis of religion and end up at best like that cricketer who converted to Islam to retain his spot. Do people keep harping about Sachin owing it to India and not vice versa?? I presume not.

We are all Indians. We share some common ethos and a Constitution that we hold in high esteem. Why should our line of thought be " oh but if we were born Pakistani/Somali/Afghan things would be so much worse...". It's irrelevant really. And a very poor point of comparison to seek any kind of solace. 

Despite her marriage, she kept representing India. 

What was that adage about actions speaking louder than cheers in a cricket stadium?

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

The first part of your post is something I come across quite frequently on this site.

Of course she 'made it' because represented India. That's undeniable. But that is true for *most* Indians sportsmen/women.

Sachin Tendulkar also 'made it' because he represented India. If he were born in a Pakistan, he would be discriminated against on the basis of religion and end up at best like that cricketer who converted to Islam to retain his spot. Do people keep harping about Sachin owing it to India and not vice versa?? I presume not.

We are all Indians. We share some common ethos and a Constitution that we hold in high esteem. Why should our line of thought be " oh but if we were born Pakistani/Somali/Afghan things would be so much worse...". It's irrelevant really. And a very poor point of comparison to seek any kind of solace. 

What was that adage about actions speaking louder than cheers in a cricket stadium?

@Mariyam

Like always you make powerful compelling points and you are absolutely right in everything that you said. 100 %.

However the truth is far far deeper than what you have mentioned, it has a history that does not go back just until the partition.  It goes back 1400 + years. 

Questions have been asked by people belonging to one school of thought to the other school of thought which have never ever been answered factually or convincingly.

There have been zero attempts to understand WHY a certain community is extremely hurt.  I will put forth some of those points from one side going much deeper than what you have mentioned but yet only scratching the surface. 

1) Why don't people realize that a 8000+ year old glorious civilizational state was divided into nation states  along religious lines by a particular foreign religion forced by invaders. 

2) People ( young and old ) who are in great reverence of this great Bhartiya civilization are HURT and naturally carry a lingering suspicion that a foreign religion that already split Bharat and openly advocates proselytizing to meet numbers regionally or nationally to yet again cause another split of Bharat.

3) There is anger because after the split what happens to Sanatanis in Pak and Bangladesh is well known.

4) People are also hurt at the utter hypocrisy that secularism is drum beated only and only when Sanatanis and Christians are in majority. When a certain religion is in majority, we see what we find in Bangladesh, Pakistan, and Afghanistan.

5) Why did I use the word foreign religion in points 1 & 2 - it is a cause for yet more dislike among people who deeply love India in every sense. 

These people say - the sacred land of India has given birth to saints like Gautama Buddha, the 24 Jain Tirthankars, Guru Nanak, the 9 avatars of Bhagwan VIshnu and hundreds of other divine beings.  Buddhism spread far and wide without the use of any force.   

6) Why did a certain people in the subcontinent - who otherwise say India is sab kuch for us, this is our motherland.

---  why did these people not find divinity/ truth from ANY of this divinity but embraced a foreign belief that was spread by invaders  using force and originated in the deserts of far away land .  

I don't expect you to answer - because these questions have never ever been answered  or explained.

Edited by rangeelaraja

8 hours ago, Mariyam said:

She still represents India.

She has won a few competitions representing India.

She may have clapped for her husband's team. Most wives would. Does that wipe off the 10-15 yrs of her prime she spent representing India? What exactly is your grouse?

You are right that she probably wouldn't have made it far as a tennis if she were born a Pakistani. Isn't that something you should be proud of? That she could follow a sport against most social norms of her community and pick a husband of her choice?

Good for Sania! I have no problem if she claps for her husband's team, if she was clapping for her own National team too which she represented, as you said for 10 to 15 years. I have a problem against putting religion before country. I have a problem with people who after victory claim it as "Islam's Victory". Sania does not have to prove her Nationalism to me. But she owes allot to the country, a country that gave her every thing she dreamt of. I don't see her cheering for India or holding an India Flag in India Pakistan matches. What stops her? She doesn't want to hurt the Islamic sentiments of the state of Pakistan. That's Putting religion before your own country. I oppose this. 

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

51QYHRakwUS._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

When you get some time, please read this book. Accurate and very much based on historical sources. This is NOT a cheap French publication that wants to benefit out of some sensationalism. A great scholarly work. 

46 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Good for Sania! I have no problem if she claps for her husband's team, if she was clapping for her own National team too which she represented, as you said for 10 to 15 years. I have a problem against putting religion before country. I have a problem with people who after victory claim it as "Islam's Victory". Sania does not have to prove her Nationalism to me. But she owes allot to the country, a country that gave her every thing she dreamt of. I don't see her cheering for India or holding an India Flag in India Pakistan matches. What stops her? She doesn't want to hurt the Islamic sentiments of the state of Pakistan. That's Putting religion before your own country. I oppose this. 

Very well put. The excuse from Sania for not cheering for India after marriage would be it would cause problems for her husband who is a Pakistani. But as an Indian she can openly cheer for Pakistan to support her husband’s country and “Indians  are expected to understand “. 

I mean  Indians always expected to understand and compromise with people who hold an Indian passport buy put religion before nationality. 

She did not favors to india by continuing to represent it after marriage. Who would want to hold the 4th worst passport in the World that our neighbors hold ? Who would not want to milk India financially ? Uska kaun puchta tennis circuit mein if she switched to a country like Pak. 

Selfish reasons, disgusting motive and mentality 

Edited by rangeelaraja

Too many assumptions about Sania.

Don't know what she saw in that deadbeat Shoaib Malik but Sania is Indian through and through. And hey, love is blind. 

She represented India at the highest level, something none of us on this forum will ever achieve. Not in this lifetime, not in the 7 lifetimes after this. 

Edited by EnterTheVoid

ICF was desperately trying to prove the Indian poster who threatened Kohli was a paksitani account. Now 3 pages of discussion on a tweet from what looks like a fake account. No action from Mods too. Nice.

Having said that, I am pretty sure there were some pakistani morons who threatened Hasan Ali, just like how Indian fans threatened Shami. If we dig some more, we can find some actual tweets. Both sides are toxic. 

41 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Too many assumptions about Sania.

Don't know what she saw in that deadbeat Shoaib Malik but Sania is Indian through and through. And hey, love is blind. 

She represented India at the highest level, something none of us on this forum will ever achieve. Not in this lifetime, not in the 7 lifetimes after this. 

If representing your country is a highest honour possible, why don't you hold an India Flag in games against Pakistan? Show your love, who has stopped you? She will win a billion hearts with this. The fact is she can't even if she wants to. That's the difference between us and them. We are a tolerant society.

Edited by Sean Bradley

23 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

If representing your country is a highest honour possible, why don't you hold an India Flag in games against Pakistan? Show your love, who has stopped you? She will win a billion hearts with this. The fact is she can't even if she wants to. That's the difference between us and them. We are a tolerant society.

Not sure. That said, hypotheticals don't answer the question either.

As a sportsman, her job is to win matches for India. Which she has done time and time again. She hasn't won the medals for herself, she won them for India - I feel we are too quick to discount the work she did, when we make accusations that she is sympathetic to Pakistan.

Agree with the part that we are a far more tolerant society.

1 hour ago, Under_Score said:

Corrected...:smiley:

Seems to be the majority here, unfortunately.  

Anyways, waiting for the mods to atleast change the title.  She has clarified that the post is fake in her Instagram account.

Also in the future, maybe people can research more and then start a new post? I know it won't always suit your agenda, but talk a deep breath and research first. 

https://instagram.com/samyahkhan1604?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by ash

5 hours ago, ash said:

ICF was desperately trying to prove the Indian poster who threatened Kohli was a paksitani account. Now 3 pages of discussion on a tweet from what looks like a fake account. No action from Mods too. Nice.

Having said that, I am pretty sure there were some pakistani morons who threatened Hasan Ali, just like how Indian fans threatened Shami. If we dig some more, we can find some actual tweets. Both sides are toxic. 

How are you doing in the Chennai rains? Are your friends and family safe? TC

7 hours ago, kepler37b said:

51QYHRakwUS._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

When you get some time, please read this book. Accurate and very much based on historical sources. This is NOT a cheap French publication that wants to benefit out of some sensationalism. A great scholarly work. 

Thank you, for the book recommendation. Let me see if I can order this off Flipkart/Amazon.

I don't follow the context though. 

Or the relevance to this topic and in general.

PS: There is a kindle version. Shall order.

17 hours ago, Mariyam said:

She still represents India.

She has won a few competitions representing India.

She may have clapped for her husband's team. Most wives would. Does that wipe off the 10-15 yrs of her prime she spent representing India? What exactly is your grouse?

You are right that she probably wouldn't have made it far as a tennis if she were born a Pakistani. Isn't that something you should be proud of? That she could follow a sport against most social norms of her community and pick a husband of her choice?

She picked a world level cricket player an athelete in a famous game in her country there are just two teams in the region that speak her language India and Pak, Pak had more Muslim players. The logic behind going for a Pak cricketer husband for certain type of athletic or certain society women is understandable. 

Cheering for pakistani team under normal circumstances is OK, but since they kill maim hate Hindus and non Muslim India it is also normal for non Muslim India to not consider Sania a faithful Indian any longer. 

Just stating with facts. 

Edited by Vilander

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Few people abused Shami and our captain was a hero giving out statements on SM. No such action from Babar. 

wait a minute!

He was the one blaming Hasan as the reason for the loss in the presser!!

If I am not wrong, he made a quite an inspirational statement in the dressing room and that video is out. SO I guess that video is also out on SM. He said we are all equal in this loss, we are together and let us keep this bond. We will learn from this. 

Not specifically supporting Hassan Ali but to everyone. 

On 11/13/2021 at 9:09 AM, dial_100 said:

If I am not wrong, he made a quite an inspirational statement in the dressing room and that video is out. SO I guess that video is also out on SM. He said we are all equal in this loss, we are together and let us keep this bond. We will learn from this. 

Not specifically supporting Hassan Ali but to everyone. 

This is like the Taliban, they are bad, but, but at least they hold a press conference unlike you know who! 

People in Pakistan are waiting to show their anger on Hasan Ali after his captain sold him down the river

Edited by coffee_rules