Shaheen afridi is the most exciting white ball fast bowler in the world.

the don

54 minutes ago, Jay said:

Imo he has to play a few tests in Asia to be amongst GOaT. I know he did well in ranji but still, his international performances matter too. I hope he plays vs Bangladesh and some games in India too. Thought we don't really need him 

With IPL in 2 tranches this year plus three big 4 test series in the last 1 year plus a T20 World Cup ... this year rest is justified in tests in India.

From next year onwards, I want Bumrah to play most tests in India.

21 hours ago, Jay said:

Tyagi prasidh are excellent prospects for red ball. 

But yes shaheen is good. Teams will work him out now and analyse his game. How he develops from now on is on him.

I know about Tyagi. He is impressive. 

But the reference is to describe the scenario by equating him with Naseem Shah who is from Tyagi's under 19 batch, but was supporting Shaheen on the tour, as a first change bowler while Tyagi is still rightly honing his craft in domestic cricket. 

57 minutes ago, Axl100mph said:

I know about Tyagi. He is impressive. 

But the reference is to describe the scenario by equating him with Naseem Shah who is from Tyagi's under 19 batch, but was supporting Shaheen on the tour, as a first change bowler while Tyagi is still rightly honing his craft in domestic cricket. 

Thing I like about tyagi is he is willing to hurt players physically if he can't get them out. Mindset is key. Either get him out or take him out. No remorse. 

Pakistan need one guy with a nasty bumper. Then the attack for tests will be good overall. 

Edited by Jay
7 hours ago, deathmonger said:

Tbf he has already won us 2 series in Aus and one in Eng(subject to completion). Can lead us to one in SA as well this year.

Those are stellar achievements,

The second series was 1-1 after which Ashwin and Vihari saved the third match and Siraj/Shardul/Sundar/Pant won us the Gabba test. Bumrah neither saved  us the third test nor won us the last test. He certainly did not "win us" the second series.

11 minutes ago, AKane said:

The second series was 1-1 after which Ashwin and Vihari saved the third match and Siraj/Shardul/Sundar/Pant won us the Gabba test. Bumrah neither saved  us the third test nor won us the last test. He certainly did not "win us" the second series.

True. Bumrah is a great bowler. A freak. Possible ATG but if he acts too smart, we shouldn't hesitate to bench him. He single handedly cost us WTC because he was under prepared. He sprayed the ball all over. If he lacks big KO temperament then we should drop him. Play him only for big tests series and not finals like WTC. 

And if our team just showed half the fighting spirit they did vs Aussies, we would have won the WTC. Not that it matters because WTC is a lottery and a rubbish way to decide a test champion. However, it still needs to be respected as an accolade worth adding to our repertoire. 

He was out of form prior to WTC and should never have been picked for finals to be fair. But our team doesn't make rational decisions. I blame kphli anyway. His negative energy suffocates our players. Funnily enough we never lose when he isn't there. Coincidence? I think not. 

Edited by Jay
18 minutes ago, Jay said:

True. Bumrah is a great bowler. A freak. Possible ATG but if he acts too smart, we shouldn't hesitate to bench him. He single handedly cost us WTC because he was under prepared. He sprayed the ball all over. If he lacks big KO temperament then we should drop him. Play him only for big tests series and not finals like WTC. 

Bumrah laid as big an egg as possible in the WTC. He was pedestrian in NZ too.  For that matter he has been less than average in a number of crucial ICC tourney matches. With lesser ability the performance of Siraj and Shardul at Gabba was better than anything I had seen out of Bumrah in that same tour.

Still as you said he is India's best pace bowler since and maybe including Kapil.

8 minutes ago, AKane said:

Bumrah laid as big an egg as possible in the WTC. He was pedestrian in NZ too.  For that matter he has been less than average in a number of crucial ICC tourney matches. With lesser ability the performance of Siraj and Shardul at Gabba was better than anything I had seen out of Bumrah in that same tour.

Still as you said he is India's best pace bowler since and maybe including Kapil.

He needs to get his **** together for KO games in LOi and also sort his head out for WTC finals should we make it again. He is way too good a player to go trophy-less. He is someone with legit ATG potential. He cannot do this to himself.

10 minutes ago, AKane said:

I wouldn't say soraj has lesser ability. Siraj is a phenomenon bowler in his own right. He has every bit of skill that booms has in his arsenal. He is slightly slower but more accurate and deadly with his seam position. 

Shaheen Afridi "Should Have Used His Head" In Pakistan's T20 World Cup Semi-Final Loss To Australia, Says Shahid Afridi 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.ndtv.com/icc-t20-world-cup-2021/shaheen-afridi-should-have-used-his-head-in-pakistans-t20-world-cup-semi-final-loss-to-australia-says-shahid-afridi-2608960%3famp=1&akamai-rum=off

Afridis usually use their heart than their brain I am not  surprised  

3 hours ago, AKane said:

He certainly did.

The reason it was even 1-1 in the first place was because at the MCG day 1 after 36 ao, he got the ball rolling by taking out Burns quickly and getting the 4-fer on day 1. That bowling performance (Ashwin also responsible) was what made us comeback in that match (and series) by exorcising 36ao. And then in the Aus second innings bowled Smith, ending any comeback hopes.

Even at the SCG, took out Green and Paine super quick in the first innings preventing a partnership with Smith. Without it they might have got 400+, making the draw more difficult later on.

Just because Rahane's 100 came later on or Ashwin/Vihari/Punt/Pujara in the 4th innings doesn't mean Bumrah's contributions were not valuable.

People have this bias in cricket that the thing that happened last is the most important (Pant over Gill at Gabba, Dhoni over Gambhir at the WC 2011) but Bumrah's performance in the MCG and SCG test were similar to his 4th innings efforts at Lord's and Oval - a 2/3 wicket haul that kills off the innings. Lord's he started things off with Sibley, took out Root and then got Robinson when a partnership was brewing. Oval similar to Sydney, he got two batters out quick time and broke their innings. In both of these matches, Rahul and Rohit had centuries earlier but no one would deny Bumrah's impact cause it happened on the last day.

Edited by deathmonger
2 hours ago, AKane said:

Naah, Bumrah at the MCG was great. I remember those opening overs. After 36ao when we bowled first, his and Ashwin's performance is what started the scene for the entire comeback. If Aus had gotten to 280ish, they could have won the match and the series would have been over for us.

9 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

Naah, Bumrah at the MCG was great. I remember those opening overs. After 36ao when we bowled first, his and Ashwin's performance is what started the scene for the entire comeback. If Aus had gotten to 280ish, they could have won the match and the series would have been over for us.

Bumrah at the MCG test got 6 wkts.... Siraj got 5 wkts and Ashwin got 5 wkts and Jadeja 3 and Umesh 1.  It was a team bowling performance 6/5/5/3/1.

Bumrah got Burns on 0 in Inning 1 but Ashwin got Smith for 0 in Inning 1.

Siraj playing his first match and bowling without the new ball claimed 5 wkts......

Bumrah bowled well - but don't try to make it a Hadlee 15 wkt performance or a Holding 14 wkt performance when they won their sides matches in Aus/Eng.

2 minutes ago, AKane said:

Bumrah at the MCG test got 6 wkts.... Siraj got 5 wkts and Ashwin got 5 wkts and Jadeja 3 and Umesh 1.  It was a team bowling performance 6/5/5/3/1.

Bumrah got Burns on 0 in Inning 1 but Ashwin got Smith for 0 in Inning 1.

Siraj playing his first match and bowling without the new ball claimed 5 wkts......

Bumrah bowled well - but don't try to make it a Hadlee 15 wkt performance or a Holding 14 wkt performance when they won their sides matches in Aus/Eng.

No it wasn't. But it was as good as his performance at the Oval/Lord's. India is a more complete bowling lineup (one of the best ever) now so that sort of running through sides by a single bowler is impossible.

Hadlee never really had good support throughout his career. And Holding's came in 76 when the bowlers weren't as good (he had Roberts in that match but the others weren't as good).

26 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

Oval similar to Sydney, he got two batters out quick time and broke their innings. I

No he didn't.... He got two wickets in second innings fine but England were batting with no wickets down and 100 on board and Shardul broke the opening parnership - then the runout and trying for quick runs Hameed was bowled by Jadeja. Bumrah then took wkts 4 and 5 of Pope and Bairstow.

Umesh got Root in inning 1 and Shardul in inning 2. Yes that Root!

The commentators - esp Warne - went gaga over Bumrah's spell but the opening wicket by Shardul and the wickets of Root in both innings were just as vital.

Don't make a 4 wkt taker a match winner - 16 wickets came from elsewhere.

37 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

Hadlee never really had good support throughout his career. And Holding's came in 76 when the bowlers weren't as good (he had Roberts in that match but the others weren't as good).

Agreed - India does have a balancerd attack and yes Hadlee was largely alone.

Yes Holding did take 14 wkts and Roberts just 1 that match. I had followed that series closely on radio and till then Roberts was the better bowler as compared to Holding. In fact Wayne Daniel was just as good or better than Holding until that match. After that match Holding went past Roberts as the premier Windies fast bowler until Malcolm Marshall showed up.  Then it was always Marshall.

14 and 1 between Holding and Roberts was kind of similar to when Jim Laker took 19 wickets in a match and the other spinner Tony Lock who was very good got 1.

16 hours ago, Jay said:

Thing I like about tyagi is he is willing to hurt players physically if he can't get them out. Mindset is key. Either get him out or take him out. No remorse. 

Pakistan need one guy with a nasty bumper. Then the attack for tests will be good overall. 

Shaheen hasn't entered his peak yet.

He is akin to Akram in 1987/88 at the moment.

Expect him to be at his peak around 2023.

The bumper bowler is Dahani. Gets the ball to rise alarmingly off a length due to the extra leverage because of having a long, wiry and flexible structure. 

Literally, everyone gets out to pulling him in the PSL. 

Then there is Naseem who is the fast swing bowler.

Expect the pak test attack to become potent in a couple of years when the young quickies mature a bit.

All of them have emerged at the same time after a serious drought of options in the last decade, so it will take some time for them to play first class cricket and learn the art of getting wickets.

Edited by Axl100mph
1 hour ago, Axl100mph said:

Shaheen hasn't entered his peak yet.

He is akin to Akram in 1987/88 at the moment.

Expect him to be at his peak around 2023.

The bumper bowler is Dahani. Gets the ball to rise alarmingly off a length due to the extra leverage because of having a long, wiry and flexible structure. 

Literally, everyone gets out to pulling him in the PSL. 

Then there is Naseem who is the fast swing bowler.

Expect the pak test attack to become potent in a couple of years when the young quickies mature a bit.

All of them have emerged at the same time after a serious drought of options in the last decade, so it will take some time for them to play first class cricket and learn the art of getting wickets.

Yes dahani I I eagerly waiting to see. Will be interesting to see in first class matches. What's his record in first class like? 

Dhahani

Shaheen

Naseem

For test cricket overseas should be good. 

Naseem needs to get stronger physically. He needs needs sustain pace. 

Shaheen is class. 

Let's see dahani.