Jump to content
the don

Shaheen afridi is the most exciting white ball fast bowler in the world.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yes dahani I I eagerly waiting to see. Will be interesting to see in first class matches. What's his record in first class like? 

 

Dhahani

Shaheen

Naseem

 

For test cricket overseas should be good. 

Naseem needs to get stronger physically. He needs needs sustain pace. 

Shaheen is class. 

Let's see dahani. 

Dahani has played one season of 1st class and he really impressed everyone there.

Dont think the stats are outwardly yet but those who saw him bowl on those placid tracks know that he had something. 

I foresee him to be the next bowling superstar after Shaheen because talent aside, he is a fantastic character who will have a presence wherever he goes.

 

Naseem doesn't have endurance issues. Rather, his action is horribly misalligned, which means, apart from the injury risk, he struggles to bowl at his full potential.  His region has hired Ian Pont as a consultant, so hoping he makes the necessary changes, because the guy has a lot of upside.

Link to post

Luckily Naseem dropped and had spent some time in FC cricket and now in A team and getting his rhythm back and physically stronger now. Bowling very well in SL with A team.   Lets see how he does in BD now . Dhahani should replace the useless Hasan ALi, in near future . Hsnain is another one with height and pace but needs couple of FC seasons . 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, the don said:

Becoming an absolute gun in test cricket too. Sky is the limit for Shaheena. 

Good performance from the pacers against Southafrica, WI and now Bangladesh. Need to get in some better spinners for support.

 

He's a quick learner.

 

Wasn't bowling the right lines and lengths for this pitch in first innings then came back bang on target in the second.

Link to post

we have to accept he will be the leading bowler in world cricket for some years, unless an injury or fatigue.. as of now he is performing his best & fastest… there comes a time like this in every bowlers career, where you feel you are a cut above the rest, i feel he has left the likes of starc, cummins, rabada, bumrah on current form quite behind… Only Archer would have matched or exceeded the intimidation & fear factor in the batsmen, but he is injured, hence afridi is the leader of the pack..

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to post
On 11/29/2021 at 9:57 AM, nsareen said:

we have to accept he will be the leading bowler in world cricket for some years, unless an injury or fatigue.. as of now he is performing his best & fastest… there comes a time like this in every bowlers career, where you feel you are a cut above the rest, i feel he has left the likes of starc, cummins, rabada, bumrah on current form quite behind… Only Archer would have matched or exceeded the intimidation & fear factor in the batsmen, but he is injured, hence afridi is the leader of the pack..

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel that archer is overrated in tests - he would not have been able to sustain that intensity nor does he have enough tactical nous. As for Cummins, his best format is tests and he is still a cut above the rest IMO because he has done exceedingly well for several yrs consistently. Bumrah is definitely fading somewhat.

Link to post
On 11/30/2021 at 12:57 AM, nsareen said:

we have to accept he will be the leading bowler in world cricket for some years, unless an injury or fatigue.. as of now he is performing his best & fastest… there comes a time like this in every bowlers career, where you feel you are a cut above the rest, i feel he has left the likes of starc, cummins, rabada, bumrah on current form quite behind… Only Archer would have matched or exceeded the intimidation & fear factor in the batsmen, but he is injured, hence afridi is the leader of the pack..

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What intimidation? I have never seen shaheen bowl an intimidating bouncer. He is more of a yorker and I swinging specialist. He is obviously a top quality bowler who is top 3 in the world but He doesn't have an intimidating bouncer. 

Link to post

He is a gun bowler. Though it was against my team but I absolutely loved his spell against us in T20 world cup. Rohit Sharma and Kela Rahul had no clue about that in swinger.

 

Every freaking ball he was running hard and giving his 100%. That is how a fast bowler should bowl and not like our Bhuvi trundling at 123KPH.

 

Honestly speaking, wish we had a bowler half as good as Shaheen Afridi.

Edited by Austin 3:!6
Link to post
16 minutes ago, Axl100mph said:

Nice one. But it's a one off. Have never seen him bowl intimidating deliveries which inflict pain on opposition consistently. I like brutal nasty bowlers. That's why shoaib was one of my favourites. 

Shaheen is definitely as skilful as any of Cummins bumrah and rabada. Him performing in Asia puts him ahead of all 3 pacers if he performs vs top sides again. Being a fast bowler in Asia is way harder than being a fast bowler in sena. Shaheen and shami are the best Asian bowlers in the world. Shami is now a bit past it though. He is old. Shaheen taking over. Bumrah hasn't played much in Asia. Let's see how booms does there. 

 

I am looking forward to seeing shaheen vs Aussies in Asia. 

 

Shaheen for some reason has struggled In Australia and England and kiwi land. Maybe still raw at the time. Let's see how he goes next time.

Link to post
16 minutes ago, Axl100mph said:

Nice one. But it's a one off. Have never seen him bowl intimidating deliveries which inflict pain on opposition consistently. I like brutal nasty bowlers. That's why shoaib was one of my favourites. 

Shaheen is definitely as skilful as any of Cummins bumrah and rabada. Him performing in Asia puts him ahead of all 3 pacers if he performs vs top sides again. Being a fast bowler in Asia is way harder than being a fast bowler in sena. Shaheen and shami are the best Asian bowlers in the world. Shami is now a bit past it though. He is old. Shaheen taking over. Bumrah hasn't played much in Asia. Let's see how booms does there. 

 

I am looking forward to seeing shaheen vs Aussies in Asia. 

 

Shaheen for some reason has struggled In Australia and England and kiwi land. Maybe still raw at the time. Let's see how he goes next time.

Link to post
56 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

He is a gun bowler. Though it was against my team but I absolutely loved his spell against us in T20 world cup. Rohit Sharma and Kela Rahul had no clue about that in swinger.

 

Every freaking ball he was running hard and giving his 100%. That is how a fast bowler should bowl and not like our Bhuvi trundling at 123KPH.

 

Honestly speaking, wish we had a bowler half as good as Shaheen Afridi.

Kelaaa lol got obliterated by shaheen. 

Thinks he is an opener. Leftie tall and fast is swinger is our Kryptonite. But somehow our moron management still won't play a leftie and open with pant or kishan Lel. Whattaaa coach. Wataaaa management. 

 

 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Axl100mph said:

 

The youngest player to win this award. 

Don't want to be a dick but let's be honest. He is not as young as portrayed. Take nothing away from him. He is a phenomenal top tier bowler. He is not 22 or whatever his stated age is. He has to be 26 atleast lmao. Dahani. Wtf cracks me up even more. 

 

If he breaks down in 3 years then you know why. Dahani I.e. 

Link to post
15 minutes ago, Jay said:

Don't want to be a dick but let's be honest. He is not as young as portrayed. Take nothing away from him. He is a phenomenal top tier bowler. He is not 22 or whatever his stated age is. He has to be 26 atleast lmao. Dahani. Wtf cracks me up even more. 

 

If he breaks down in 3 years then you know why. Dahani I.e. 

He is not 26. If anything, he might be over-age by a year or two. Go watch how he didnt even have facial growth when he first broke through in the under 19 world cup. He also had a teenager's body; really wiry and thin. You can contrast that to now when he actually looks like a top athlete. 

And what do you mean with these mentions of Dahani twice in your post,

 

 

Edited by Axl100mph
Link to post
12 minutes ago, Axl100mph said:

He is not 26. If anything, he might be over-age by a year or two. Go watch how he didnt even have facial growth when he first broke through in the under 19 world cup. He also had a teenager's body; really wiry and thin. You can contrast that to now when he actually looks like a top athlete. 

And what do you mean with these mentions of Dahani twice in your post,

 

 

if shaheen is 22 now then me and guys like nagarkoti are 18. 

i will even believe shaheen is 24 but dahani lol looks 30. he is no way 23.

Link to post

Shaheen was pedestrian in Aus, average in England & ordinary in NZ last time he played there. Even Pakistan fans will acknowledge Hasan Ali was a better test bowler this year for them. Apart from making merry against WI, I don't recall any memorable test performance.

In T20s, apart from that spell against India, I don't remember any worthwhile performance either.

Honestly I don't know how he got this award. If any Pakistani deserved ICC cricketer of the year award, it was Rizwan.

Link to post
26 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

Shaheen was pedestrian in Aus, average in England & ordinary in NZ last time he played there. Even Pakistan fans will acknowledge Hasan Ali was a better test bowler this year for them. Apart from making merry against WI, I don't recall any memorable test performance.

In T20s, apart from that spell against India, I don't remember any worthwhile performance either.

Honestly I don't know how he got this award. If any Pakistani deserved ICC cricketer of the year award, it was Rizwan.

 

1 The match winning spell against Bangladesh forcing result .

2  Display of genuine fast bowling resulting in 4fer vs South Africa

3 Swung new ball consistently in WC among all the pacers.

4  10fer against Windies 

 

 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...