Hardik Pandya's watches seized at Mumbai airport by customs officials

SandeepMotta

26 minutes ago, Jay said:

*ing hell. 95 k Aussie dollar for a watch. Jesus. Filthy rich and pandya isn't even one of the top paid athletes in our team. 

Dont know where you are getting these numbers from but 2.5 crore rupees is 457k AUD so both watches combined is ~ 900k Aud

Edited by New guy

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

The watches were bought in August, unless it's a new set of the same watches he's bought on this trip.

Having dealt with our customs officials in the past (most of whom are corrupt to the core), I can safely say some over jealous custom guy on duty acted oversmart to be in the news.

There are hazar issues with Pandya brothers and they have not been able to handle the fame and wealth, but that does not make them fixers. Criticise them for their pathetic attitude , but randomly throwing fixing accusations isn't correct.

Fixing is too far. But in the past whenever we saw multiple such news about a player, their career just went into a spiral. Some examples are kambli, asif, umar akmal. This is a sign if indulgence and losing focus

9 minutes ago, New guy said:

Dont know where you are getting these numbers from but 2.5 crore rupees is 457k AUD so both watches combined is ~ 900k Aud

i meant 950 k sory. what the actual * though. jeeesus. insanity. is he really that rich though? cause his net worth says only 4 mil?

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

i meant 950 k sory. what the actual * though. jeeesus. insanity. is he really that rich though? cause his net worth says only 4 mil?

Yeah its shady as *, even someone with net worth 20 million will think 10 times before buying watches for 1 million, who spends 1/20 of their entire savings on watches? 

2 minutes ago, New guy said:

Yeah its shady as *, even someone with net worth 20 million will think 10 times before buying watches for 1 million, who spends 1/20 of their entire savings on watches? 

exactly would rather focus on building a property portfolio.

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

The watches were bought in August, unless it's a new set of the same watches he's bought on this trip.

Having dealt with our customs officials in the past (most of whom are corrupt to the core), I can safely say some over jealous custom guy on duty acted oversmart to be in the news.

There are hazar issues with Pandya brothers and they have not been able to handle the fame and wealth, but that does not make them fixers. Criticise them for their pathetic attitude , but randomly throwing fixing accusations isn't correct.

Calling them fixers is completely wrong and moronic, They don't deserve it. To call that official overjealous who is trying to do his job is also wrong without knowing the details.

5 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Calling them fixers is completely wrong and moronic, They don't deserve it. To call that official overjealous who is trying to do his job is also wrong without knowing the details.

Everyone who has ever traveled internationally know about  that boring slip you have to fill in before landing.

Just filling them a hundred times for myself and all those first time traveler old parents in Air India, even I know without being a law student or a genius that items over a certain value should be declared. Now sometimes we all skirt around the value a little but not when trying to travel with material worth nearly a million dollars.

I don’t think Pandya is a fixer or a smuggler but he is dumb for getting into such crap time and again especially when he’s a own behind seems to be on the line.

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Everyone who has ever traveled internationally know about  that boring slip you have to fill in before landing.

Just filling them a hundred times for myself and all those first time traveler old parents in Air India, even I know without being a law student or a genius that items over a certain value should be declared. Now sometimes we all skirt around the value a little but not when trying to travel with material worth nearly a million dollars.

I don’t think Pandya is a fixer or a smuggler but he is dumb for getting into such crap time and again especially when he’s a own behind seems to be on the line.

I agree and Pandya might be also thinking he is above the law  and acted in such a way that it pissed off that offical.

5 minutes ago, Astros said:

High likelihood that Pandya bros go broke within a few years of retirement…

reminds me of stores re nfl players going brine post retirement since they  nEver managed money carefully 

strange because they were a riches to rags story from what I hear about their  dad losing money in business when they were young.

people with that kind of history are usually super careful and simple  when they become rich again. 

48 minutes ago, New guy said:

Surely no one will spend all the money on watches. Only way its possible is if they are gifts or you have a bank balance minimum 100 times worth of the watch 

But some are obsessive with expensive watches. Of course Pandu must be very rich as his rent money alone will be enough for him.

2 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

All that is down to not being able to handle the newly acquired wealth and fame. Has happened with many innthe past. If these two don't sort themselves out, their career (including in IPL) will soon be done.

BTW Pandya has not been detained, his watches have been confiscated. Given that these are Patek Phillipe rare collection watches, should be very easy to ascertain if they are new or old.

Won't each Patek Philippe watch have a unique serial number engraved on the back side or something? It shouldn't be difficult to track down where and when the purchase was made by looking at this. Customs fellows clearly have targeted him as he is known to be flashy, bling bling. The Pandya brothers are idiots, they don't know how to stay under the radar and not attract attention to themselves. They showed up in stupid looking pyjamas when they arrived in the gulf for IPL. Moreover, they simply don't have the level of talent to go with the kind of swagger they try to show. 

When I used to live in India, there were places like Heera Panna (in Mumbai) where millions of people buy expensive stuff/watches without invoices with pride. Millions fudge their taxes with pride. Every time ppl pay or accept a bride, they are engaging undesirable activities. 

Far more important issues to worry about!