Hardik Pandya's watches seized at Mumbai airport by customs officials

SandeepMotta

1 hour ago, rangeelaraja said:

If we assume Hardik Pandya's total career earnings pre-tax ( endorsements + IPL + India cap ) to be around 100 cr tops.  

He would get roughly 65-70 crore after tax lifetime.

https://www.gqindia.com/look-good/content/hardik-pandya-expensive-watch-collection-costs-over-rs-10-8-crore-check-it-out

According to several media reports his watch collection is 10-12 crore or so.

Even for someone as dumb and illiterate as Pandya, imagine having  close to 20 % of your networth in watches.  It makes ZERO sense. I am sure this dumb ass has a chartered account / financial advisor / manager who would warm him of his stupidity.

This alone makes me think he has undisclosed /illegal sources of income . Think about it.

It doesn't work that way.

SRK is worth 5700 crores.

If we tally up all his income from movies, surely it can't be that much.

To this day, I don't know how the heck Juhi and Preity own stakes in an IPL franchise.

Anyways, coming back to Pandya, that 60-70 crores would get invested in different places (with varying risk factors)...new businesses started....so the returns would be substantial.

Plus there would be other income sources which may not be revealed on paper.

Still 10 crores watches is a lot for him but just commenting on the numbers.

Its almost like Hardik tries hard to make himself unlikeable.

Edited by sensible-indian

8 hours ago, Jay said:

*ing hell. 95 k Aussie dollar for a watch. Jesus. Filthy rich and pandya isn't even one of the top paid athletes in our team. 

It is not 95 k but 950 k Aus dollars that make up 5 crore. You are inaccurate by a factor of 10.

I want to see your ooooooomy GOD live if I could when you know that.

Edited by sarcastic

4 hours ago, sensible-indian said:

It doesn't work that way.

SRK is worth 5700 crores.

If we tally up all his income from movies, surely it can't be that much.

To this day, I don't know how the heck Juhi and Preity own stakes in an IPL franchise.

Anyways, coming back to Pandya, that 60-70 crores would get invested in different places (with varying risk factors)...new businesses started....so the returns would be substantial.

Plus there would be other income sources which may not be revealed on paper.

Still 10 crores watches is a lot for him but just commenting on the numbers.

Its almost like Hardik tries hard to make himself unlikeable.

Sorry, you don’t know the facts.

SRK has multiple large sources of income outside acting fees. 

SRK owns a production and distribution company - Red Chillies Entertainment  and earns 100s of crores from it every year. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Chillies_Entertainment

He did more endorsements than any entertainment professional on the planet for over a decade. Made a fortune there too.

He has been a prolific real estate investor in the UAE for a long time and made a fortune there too.

Juhi Chawlas husband is a big businessman.

Zintas’s stake is minor. She was able to buy a franchise because she was then dating Ness Wadia. Heir of the Wadia group. 

8 hours ago, Jay said:

i meant 950 k sory. what the actual * though. jeeesus. insanity. is he really that rich though? cause his net worth says only 4 mil?

8 hours ago, New guy said:

Yeah its shady as *, even someone with net worth 20 million will think 10 times before buying watches for 1 million, who spends 1/20 of their entire savings on watches? 

except gangsta subculture rap artists who spend obscene sums on external accessories , this guy is a wannabe who wants to look talk and act like them not surprised unfortunately.

I don’t think he’s bought those watches in own money. There’s a reason why he doesn’t has the invoices. These are gifts which he received in UAE. Or possibly he’s getting good commission to be a mule for somebody.

But he got overconfident. Once you’re caught by customs, you’ll always be on their radar from then onwards. 

I won’t be surprised if after 4-5 years o come to know he’s involved in shady businesses…

Edited by asterix

8 hours ago, Vancouver said:

Pandya's have become Kardashians of India. 

9 hours ago, goose said:

he is the kim kardashian of indian cricket.

Would do well to establish businesses like them. They're (Kardashian/Jenner) able to sell $6 make up kits for $30 to their gullible followers by the million. This is what I recall from a Forbes article, am sure there's more on clothing, fragrances, bags & accessories etc besides the tv shows. 

Edited by Clarke

17 minutes ago, New guy said:

Aww, just 1.5 crore, just chump change, we should all apologize to him

You should! 

I do not understand what has the price of the watch got to do with anyone else apart from him and his family. It is his money ... Many may not know but watches can be a good investment. 

Many cricketers have bought tons of cars (unless it is a very special limited edition car, the value depreciates) or whatever. It is their life. 

And i am sure he didnt sleep with that under world woman, just gave a peck on the cheek

Again a personal matter (unless he did some harm to the ladies). Likes of Imran Khan and Shane Warne are said to have slept with many. I recall reading this:

'Shane Warne has slept with 1,000 women' :lol: 

Edited by zen