Hardik Pandya's watches seized at Mumbai airport by customs officials

SandeepMotta

1 hour ago, maniac said:

strange because they were a riches to rags story from what I hear about their  dad losing money in business when they were young.

people with that kind of history are usually super careful and simple  when they become rich again. 

Don’t believe this riches to rags story

if they had been rich from before these 2 would have been somewhat educated and not so classless… all they do is show that they’ve never been exposed to money before 

56 minutes ago, vivek04 said:

5 crores for 2 watches thats some serious money. How can he afford this lifestyle. No wonder players like him (most of the current lot) dont care while playing for the country. 

They should care. They need to be playing well to get contracts to sustain these lifestyles.

Even now the big contracts come usually after some international recognition 

5 minutes ago, Astros said:

They should care. They need to be playing well to get contracts to sustain these lifestyles.

Even now the big contracts come usually after some international recognition 

It comes after international recognition but one doesnt need to continue to excel in international for that. Unadkat is the prime example. Players like rahane, Pujara get nothing despite international, others who dont shine in international get much more 

4 minutes ago, New guy said:

It comes after international recognition but one doesnt need to continue to excel in international for that. Unadkat is the prime example. Players like rahane, Pujara get nothing despite international, others who dont shine in international get much more 

Unadkut’s IPl price to his talent may be disproportionate but Unadkut has been a non-controversial guy.  He has been hardworking and shows up to every domestic game and at that level does well and backs up his performance too. His cutters and bowling might be cannon fodder but you have to give him credit for adding those skills to somewhat make him relevant and useful in the scheme of things. He seems to have worked on his batting and gives a 100% on the field.

I don’t think bagging multi-million IPL contracts would change Pujara-Rahane either. It’s not like they are broke or poor. They are very wealthy themselves by any standard.

2 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

It's kind of sad that there are watches worth more than a college professor's lifetime income. 

I still can't tolerate this. Sundar and Thakurhelped us make history. Look who is getting 5 crores instead.

Grade A+ Players

Players named under this list will receive a salary of INR 7 Crores annually. Following are the list of players who are listed under this grade:

Grade A players 

Players named under this list will receive a salary of INR 5 crore annually. Following are the list of players who are listed under this grade:

Grade B players

Players named under this list will receive a salary of INR 3 crore annually. Following are the list of players who are listed under this grade:

• Bhuvneshwar Kumar
  • Mayank Agarwal
  • Shardul Thakur
  • Umesh Yadav
  • Wriddhiman Saha
Grade C players 

Players named under this list will receive a salary of INR 1 crore annually. Following are the list of players who are listed under this grade:

• Axar Patel
  • Deepak Chahar
  • Hanuma Vihari
  • Kuldeep Yadav
  • Mohammed Siraj
  • Navdeep Saini
  • Shreyas Iyer
  • Shubman Gill
  • Washington Sundar
  • Yuzvendra Chahal

2 hours ago, New guy said:

Surely no one will spend all the money on watches. Only way its possible is if they are gifts or you have a bank balance minimum 100 times worth of the watch 

Financially literate & sensible people plan that way with ratios. The others don't, which is why so many lottery winners and some celebs end up in bankruptcy. 

If we assume Hardik Pandya's total career earnings pre-tax ( endorsements + IPL + India cap ) to be around 100 cr tops.  

He would get roughly 65-70 crore after tax lifetime.

https://www.gqindia.com/look-good/content/hardik-pandya-expensive-watch-collection-costs-over-rs-10-8-crore-check-it-out

According to several media reports his watch collection is 10-12 crore or so.

Even for someone as dumb and illiterate as Pandya, imagine having  close to 20 % of your networth in watches.  It makes ZERO sense. I am sure this dumb ass has a chartered account / financial advisor / manager who would warm him of his stupidity.

This alone makes me think he has undisclosed /illegal sources of income . Think about it.

3 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

If we assume Hardik Pandya's total career earnings pre-tax ( endorsements + IPL + India cap ) to be around 100 cr tops.  

He would get roughly 65-70 crore after tax lifetime.

https://www.gqindia.com/look-good/content/hardik-pandya-expensive-watch-collection-costs-over-rs-10-8-crore-check-it-out

According to several media reports his watch collection is 10-12 crore or so.

Even for someone as dumb and illiterate as Pandya, imagine having  close to 20 % of your networth in watches.  It makes ZERO sense. I am sure this dumb ass has a chartered account / financial advisor / manager who would warm him of his stupidity.

This alone makes me think he has undisclosed /illegal sources of income . Think about it.

Didn't he recently purchased flat worth 30 crores in mumbai recently? so like 60-65% of his net worth is in watches & that flat?

9 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Didn't he recently purchased flat worth 30 crores in mumbai recently? so like 60-65% of his net worth is in watches & that flat?

Buying a 30 core house is not a big deal for even small time celebrities. 

You see this happen in the west too, sportsmen,Hollywood stars, musicians buy million $ mansions and properties but once the career slows down, just paying property taxes and maintence costs an arm and a leg that leads to bankruptcy.

It all comes down to managing your expenses and not spending beyond your means.

Even Michael Jackson was almost bankrupt and his music is still worth in the billions. 

Edited by maniac

The issue with such topics is that you have a set of posters forming opinion based on opinions of other clueless posters (a blind leading the blind) :facepalm:  ... "Everyone who knows" know that prices of luxury watches have skyrocketed ... Depending upon the watches, they can go for astronomical amounts (and therefore can be good investments) 

Will follow this thread to learn about general ignorance in this world and take a few laughs :rofl:

Edited by zen

2 hours ago, zen said:

When I used to live in India, there were places like Heera Panna (in Mumbai) where millions of people buy expensive stuff/watches without invoices with pride. Millions fudge their taxes with pride. Every time ppl pay or accept a bride, they are engaging undesirable activities. 

Far more important issues to worry about!

and reasonably priced jeans/t-shirts :)

15 minutes ago, maniac said:

and reasonably priced jeans/t-shirts :)

Yeah, many such stuff. When I was in college, recall buying a video camera for INR 40k and some binoculars (may have got ripped), and later a Rado Ceramica, an Omega Constellation, etc. 

When in India, I use to travel a lot overseas. Around the same time when I got that camera, I headed to Europe. 

I took my video camera along. I asked customs to give me a receipt (or whatever it is called when you declare items with you before leaving) for the camera but was advised that no receipt was required for such items. On my way back, I had to bribe INR 3K to get the camera in despite telling customs what happened prior to departure. 

Even when coming back from Dubai on some occasions, I had to go through hassles for minor high end cosmetics and perfumes that I got as gifts for others.

Edited by zen