Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation Bans Sale Of Non-veg Food At Stalls Along Public Roads within 100-meter radius of schools, colleges, and religious places.

Alam_dar

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Majority of Indians are non vegetarians.  Don't think anyone can dictate what one wants to eat. 

I am not sure about Gujjus though.  

It seems to me that on the bases of majority, one could indeed dictate what others eat or not eat. 

In Muslim countries, we din't get the chance to eat pork.

In India, many states have already banned the beef. 

It is only logical that after the banning of beef, the next step leads to the complete ban (at least in those states where vegetarians are in majority). 

3 minutes ago, diga said:

Gujarat has significant Jain population as well... who are also vegetarians. Probably 50% of the state is vegetarian according to the infographic above. Yet its always the Brahmins who get targeted   

Good point. But I believe that Jains are not politically active in imposing the meat ban. This imposition comes basically from BJP, and thus only Brahmins get the blame of this. 

35 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Up is about right, himachalis hardly eat non veg, don't mixup Hindu Punjabi party culture of Delhi to most of Punjab which is vegetarian, most Sikhs including Hindu punjabis are vegetarians due to the influence of vaishnava, Arya samaji culture, most gursikhs are vegetarians, pahadis do eat meat and animals are even sacrificed in Devi devta temples.

I have visited Himachal myself multiple times & seen it first hand.  Part of several pahadi weddings as well where lamb is sacrificed to devi devtas & then subsequently distribution happens.  Pahadi culture of Himachal & Doda Kishtwar of J&K is similar as a single mountain range acts as a natural barrier of both sides. 

67% of Punjabis being vegan seems like an exaggeration at multiple levels.  While numbers of non vegans in Delhi NCR is definately higher..  That's a fact. 

39 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I have visited Himachal myself multiple times & seen it first hand.  Part of several pahadi weddings as well where lamb is sacrificed to devi devtas & then subsequently distribution happens.  Pahadi culture of Himachal & Doda Kishtwar of J&K is similar as a single mountain range acts as a natural barrier of both sides. 

67% of Punjabis being vegan seems like an exaggeration at multiple levels.  While numbers of non vegans in Delhi NCR is definately higher..  That's a fact. 

Punjab a fertile state, with wheat and paddy grown In truckloads, I guess around 60% of Punjab is vegetarian, Haryana, Gujarat and punjab are also dairy consuming states so that is one reason why they avoid non veg food, wheat, millet, juwar, doodh, dahi is staple in these majority vegetarian states.

1 hour ago, diga said:

Gujarat has significant Jain population as well... who are also vegetarians. Probably 50% of the state is vegetarian according to the infographic above. Yet its always the Brahmins who get targeted   

Its due to the vaishnava culture in Gujarat why vegetarian diet is promoted, Gujarati warrior communities like rajputs, mers, Kathi eat non veg. Brahmins are a easy target for these secularists and leftists, the blame will somehow will always go to the Brahmins.

2 hours ago, diga said:

1 hour ago, Mesky99 said:

Its due to the vaishnava culture in Gujarat why vegetarian diet is promoted, Gujarati warrior communities like rajputs, mers, Kathi eat non veg. Brahmins are a easy target for these secularists and leftists, the blame will somehow will always go to the Brahmins.

So-called flag-waving fake liberals who live to virtue-signal about how secular they are, are among the most idiotically casteist and prejudiced folks around.  Without any facts or information, throwing out inflammatory accusations on communities.  

As an aside, even though I agree that such bans on specific type of food is unfair and unconstitutional, I always find it hilarious when empty vessels start using the "royal we" in discussions.  Don't take "us" for granted.  :laugh: Who exactly bequeathed this genius to speak for anyone other than himself? 

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

So-called flag-waving fake liberals who live to virtue-signal about how secular they are, are among the most idiotically casteist and prejudiced folks around.  Without any facts or information, throwing out inflammatory accusations on communities.  

As an aside, even though I agree that such bans on specific type of food is unfair and unconstitutional, I always find it hilarious when empty vessels start using the "royal we" in discussions.  Don't take "us" for granted.  :laugh: Who exactly bequeathed this genius to speak for anyone other than himself? 

Who are we talking about here? Voldemort? 

Edited by coffee_rules

10 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

I hate the smell of meat. It's just intolerable. Eating meat is one's preference but non-veg stalls should be kept away from busy roads and markets. 

Meat kept in refrigerator doesn’t have any smell. It lis the masala that is added to it makes the smell. Garlic and onions has that pungent smell

20 hours ago, New guy said:

We are not dumb, neither are you so stop pretending. All stalls are not banned, only non veg is. This is 100% religious and not only religious but caste angle as well, as its mostly brahmins who dont eat meat

You are such a obsessed person. You are associating non veg to muslims. What a clownish nonsensical and hatred you try to instigate. According to you only muslims eat nonveg and hence it is ban. I bet there are more Hindus consumes non veg than any other religion in india but the nonsense you spread in every thread it was expected from you.

22 minutes ago, raki05 said:

You are such a obsessed person. You are associating non veg to muslims. What a clownish nonsensical and hatred you try to instigate. According to you only muslims eat nonveg and hence it is ban. I bet there are more Hindus consumes non veg than any other religion in india but the nonsense you spread in every thread it was expected from you.

Its ok, maybe he feels obligated since there's not too many warriors for justice in the social arena on this forum :p:

4 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

This will make more indians protein deficit especially poor class. Then indians will wonder where are athletes, fast bowlers , footballers etc?

Gujjus produce good businessman though.  Always the case.  Least representation in Army considering the amount of population.

We will see more Hardik Pandya's though:hysterical:

Choice and state, issues and victims is always interesting. Its clear why some cases don't get the attention while others do.

https://www.indiatimes.com/news/india/woman-behind-keralas-first-non-halal-eatery-alleges-attack-over-the-tag-serving-pork-on-menu-552680.html

And just to add fat to the pork, the woman was arrested for inciting tensions. 

Edited by ravishingravi