Jump to content
SujitPrakash

Former cricketer Azeem Rafiq apologises for antisemitic comments he says he made in 2011

Recommended Posts

On 11/18/2021 at 4:47 PM, cric_fan said:


There are also Bangladeshi/Indian ‘ghettos’ in the UK. Go to the Midlands and London to see for yourself.

Infact there are ‘ghettos’ in all communities. But obviously your hate for Pakistanis doesn’t let you see this. Hypocrite


Indians don’t live in ghettos and groom young white kids. But can’t say the same of pk can we.

Link to post

Panesar doesn't seem too sympathetic https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/nov/28/monty-panesar-interview-england-cricket-azeem-rafiq

 

 “I had a life coach called Dave Parsooth,” he says. “He was the director of cricket at Luton Town and Indians [Panesar’s club]. And I remember him telling me about the equation of life. The equation of life is 95% mental, 5% physical. You’ve got to be mentally tough. So when I read your article and it talked about [Rafiq] being ‘powerless’, I think he could have empowered himself.”

 

“These are the little tips of winning your teammates over, becoming a good team man in an environment.”

“Sometimes we can be quite selfish as sportsmen. If my life coach was sitting with Azeem Rafiq he would say: ‘How’s your fitness? What are you doing on the yo-yo [test]? Why aren’t you taking more wickets? How much effort are you putting in with your teammates?’

“My message to British Asians coming through is just to focus on your cricket. And that takes you away from conversations about ‘fitting in’ and ‘diversity’.”

 

Besides, I counter, Rafiq approached plenty of people at the club and, if anything, things got worse for him. As for his cricket, we don’t know what he was trying or saying.

“No, we don’t,” Panesar says. “This is my experience of trying to win over my teammates. Some of this stuff is very embedded in Yorkshire. But parts of it seem – how do I say it? – very unique to him.”

Does he at least sympathise with Rafiq, having seen what he went through? “I felt sorry for him because he needed someone to help him. I was very fortunate that I had support around me. But then you look at this case and you think: ‘Wow. Does that kind of stuff still exist?’ Because it doesn’t exist in the Hertfordshire league. It doesn’t exist in Bedfordshire. I haven’t seen it in the Essex league. Maybe it’s a north-south divide.”

 

Edited by sage
Link to post
On 11/20/2021 at 10:34 AM, raki05 said:

Lol this chutiya was crying racism and now caught pants down. He was a mediocre moname cricketer and did this to blackmail and earn free cash and now playing youngster card for his act. Talk about hypocrisy we don't see @New guy here.

Anti semitism is one of the worst evils in the world and lead to the darkest chapter in himan history 

 

Aren't you glad someone like rafiq is not in charge of any county else can you onagine what woukd happen to any jewish player?

 

Of course you pretend to be dumb about issue of institutional racism and what effect is has on players 

 

Rafique being racist didnt cause any player not to be selected or to be tortured. Yorkshire and people like Vaughan being in charge did 

 

See thats the difference between people like you and people like me.  I have my own values, right is right and wrong is wrong no matter who does it

 

Your morality is dependend on which country the victim and the perpetrator is. You dont care about jews or anyone else. Your main focus is which country the victim is from, if your white supremist masters are being blamed and how you can make excuses for alt right

 

Basically a moral less life where your values change based on people

Edited by New guy
Link to post
1 hour ago, New guy said:

Anti semitism is one of the worst evils in the world and lead to the darkest chapter in himan history 

 

Aren't you glad someone like rafiq is not in charge of any county else can you onagine what woukd happen to any jewish player?

 

Of course you pretend to be dumb about issue of institutional racism and what effect is has on players 

 

Rafique being racist didnt cause any player not to be selected or to be tortured. Yorkshire and people like Vaughan being in charge did 

 

See thats the difference between people like you and people like me.  I have my own values, right is right and wrong is wrong no matter who does it

 

Your morality is dependend on which country the victim and the perpetrator is. You dont care about jews or anyone else. Your main focus is which country the victim is from, if your white supremist masters are being blamed and how you can make excuses for alt right

 

Basically a moral less life where your values change based on people

Lol Dude ,you call my white supremist master . I am not the one who is living and buying property in those so called racist country. You and likes of rafique are hypocrites who feed on those countries and than abuse them and call them racist. That's the difference between me and you I never left my country at the first place whereas you doing gulami of same white supremist and abuse them on ICF. If you have guts go cry along with rafique and yes I don't have sympathy for pakistani who support terrorism, spread terroirism , mass conversion of minorities , sending sex chat to minor from other religion and than cry of discrimination. Had this Rafiq or any Pakistani were leading Yorkshire they would have converted many of them to peaceful or murdered them if not converted willfully.You are even more pathetic who support such low life.

Edited by raki05
Link to post
4 hours ago, sage said:

Panesar doesn't seem too sympathetic https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/nov/28/monty-panesar-interview-england-cricket-azeem-rafiq

 

 “I had a life coach called Dave Parsooth,” he says. “He was the director of cricket at Luton Town and Indians [Panesar’s club]. And I remember him telling me about the equation of life. The equation of life is 95% mental, 5% physical. You’ve got to be mentally tough. So when I read your article and it talked about [Rafiq] being ‘powerless’, I think he could have empowered himself.”

 

“These are the little tips of winning your teammates over, becoming a good team man in an environment.”

“Sometimes we can be quite selfish as sportsmen. If my life coach was sitting with Azeem Rafiq he would say: ‘How’s your fitness? What are you doing on the yo-yo [test]? Why aren’t you taking more wickets? How much effort are you putting in with your teammates?’

“My message to British Asians coming through is just to focus on your cricket. And that takes you away from conversations about ‘fitting in’ and ‘diversity’.”

 

Besides, I counter, Rafiq approached plenty of people at the club and, if anything, things got worse for him. As for his cricket, we don’t know what he was trying or saying.

“No, we don’t,” Panesar says. “This is my experience of trying to win over my teammates. Some of this stuff is very embedded in Yorkshire. But parts of it seem – how do I say it? – very unique to him.”

Does he at least sympathise with Rafiq, having seen what he went through? “I felt sorry for him because he needed someone to help him. I was very fortunate that I had support around me. But then you look at this case and you think: ‘Wow. Does that kind of stuff still exist?’ Because it doesn’t exist in the Hertfordshire league. It doesn’t exist in Bedfordshire. I haven’t seen it in the Essex league. Maybe it’s a north-south divide.”

 

 

interesting viewpoint. basically what Monty is saying, be less black, behave less Muslim, try harder to fit in, and if that fails, try harder still. It sounds very harsh, but then maybe that is just life.

 

 

Link to post
16 minutes ago, goose said:

 

interesting viewpoint. basically what Monty is saying, be less black, behave less Muslim, try harder to fit in, and if that fails, try harder still. It sounds very harsh, but then maybe that is just life.

 

Integration in yester years meant adjusting to the new environment and adapting to the ways of the company one is in whereas in the current times its diverse viewpoints & being as one is ...  So if Rafiq wants the behavior of yester years judged on the basis of current times, its going to be a hard sell

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...