Thank You P.M. Modi for withdrawing farm laws

Khota

4 minutes ago, Try_Ball said:

My point was that the Bills/laws would have been voted on passed in the Indian parliament before being implemented.

Secondly,  consensus shouldn't be dependent on the affected party - You wouldn't ask a butcher about building consensus on banning slaughter houses, would you?

As these laws had economic implications - If in the long run they were beneficial for the country - They shouldn't have been removed.  And if they weren't good for the economic outlook - They shouldn't have been put in place

Farming is subsidized everywhere in the world. They were targeting a section of population that was not their vote bank.

Just now, Khota said:

There was some support but it was mostly organic movement.

I don't know about India and what the ground reality there but I can tell from overseas -

it was quite an orchestrated movement which was not focused on the farmers or the laws but more focused on India as a country and to demean it. 

The Indian govt could be a genius here by taking away the ammunition from Anti-India folks here by this issue ending,  but we'd never know

3 minutes ago, Try_Ball said:

I don't know about India and what the ground reality there but I can tell from overseas -

it was quite an orchestrated movement which was not focused on the farmers or the laws but more focused on India as a country and to demean it. 

The Indian govt could be a genius here by taking away the ammunition from Anti-India folks here by this issue ending,  but we'd never know

comments. Saying there were opportunist folks involved but in the end it was affecting the way of life of millions of farmers. Farmers may not be educated but neither are they stupid. I doubt if they can be that easily manipulated. 

9 minutes ago, Try_Ball said:

The Indian government should not repeal (or pass) laws so that a handful of anti India protesters have no carpet under their feet. The Indian government exists to govern India and to better the lot of Indians in India. Not to address grievances, real or perceived, of 3rd generation Indians in Canada/ UK. 

Edited by Mariyam

7 minutes ago, Khota said:

comments. Saying there were opportunist folks involved but in the end it was affecting the way of life of millions of farmers. Farmers may not be educated but neither are they stupid. I doubt if they can be that easily manipulated. 

Farmer's consensus was not asked for to hijack their movement.

The Anti-India forces were using this to push their agenda - Farmer's knowledge or agreement to this wasn't needed 

Edited by Try_Ball

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

The Indian government should not repeal (or pass) laws so that a handful of anti India protesters have no carpet under their feet. The Indian government is to govern India and to better the lot of Indians in India. Not to address grievances, real or perceived, of 3rd generation Indians in Canada/ UK. 

This movement had nothing to do with overseas folks. This was affecting way of life of half a billion people.

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

The Indian government should not repeal (or pass) laws so that a handful of anti India protesters have no carpet under their feet. The Indian government is to govern India and to better the lot of Indians in India. Not to address grievances, real or perceived, of 3rd generation Indians in Canada/ UK. 

But the Indian government did repeal them.

So either they were not in the betterment in the first place or they have been revoked now to focus on the bigger picture 

1 minute ago, Try_Ball said:

Farmer's consensus was not asked for to hijack their movement.

The Anti-India forces were using this to push their agenda - Farmer's knowledge or agreement to this was needed 

Repealing the farm laws helps Indian farmers which is a good strategy to begin with.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

This movement had nothing to do with overseas folks. This was affecting way of life of half a billion people.

It indeed had nothing to do with overseas folks but this movement and Anti-India agenda was overtaken by the overseas folks.  That exactly is what you are missing and unless you are in the midst of it, you would not know it.

The issue was India's internal matter - but opportunistic people who have been quite vocally anti-India did tried to overtake it 

Just now, Try_Ball said:

But the Indian government did repeal them.

So either they were not in the betterment in the first place or they have been revoked now to focus on the bigger picture 

Look, I am not an expert of any sort on agriculture/ agricultural practices.

My rudimentary understanding is that the 3 bills were focused towards long term benefit of the farmer folk. And the nation at large. Not very different from adopting the GST.

Long term benefit, but with a lot of short term difficulties for some people.

In a democracy you can't afford to antagonise your voter base for that long. That is a curse that this type of a system of government would always suffer from.

4 minutes ago, Banton said:

Nrc ko bhi waapis krne ke liye 

We need to do same kind of protests like haryanvi and punjabis did.

5 minutes ago, Banton said:

Nrc ko bhi waapis krne ke liye 

We need to do same kind of protests like haryanvi and punjabis did.

You meant CAA, go ahead communist aaptard liberal like speedheat will always be with....tod denge fenku Ko.

Just now, Mariyam said:

Look, I am not an expert of any sort on agriculture/ agricultural practices.

My rudimentary understanding is that the 3 bills were focused towards long term benefit of the farmer folk. And the nation at large. Not very different from adopting the GST.

Long term benefit, but with a lot of short term difficulties for some people.

In a democracy you can't afford to antagonise your voter base for that long. That is a curse that this type of a system of government would always suffer from.

and that's a shame.  When you are leading a country with such a huge population , You cannot go around people pleasing and building consensus

If the bills were in benefit of the farmer's in the long run then they shouldn't have been taken back. 

Anti-India people would always try to use one excuse over the other but if you focus only on the domestic vote bank then you cannot implement any changes and then you'll always be status quo.

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

@Under_Score @Nonbeliever   We won finally!! 

:beerglass:

Yes..Sad it took so much precisious lives.  With this modi has also made a major political blunder.  Will haunt him forever.

Hopefully we will see  future laws that will benefit all the parties.  

Edited by Nonbeliever