Thank You P.M. Modi for withdrawing farm laws

Khota

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Look, I am not an expert of any sort on agriculture/ agricultural practices.

My rudimentary understanding is that the 3 bills were focused towards long term benefit of the farmer folk. And the nation at large. Not very different from adopting the GST.

Long term benefit, but with a lot of short term difficulties for some people.

In a democracy you can't afford to antagonise your voter base for that long. That is a curse that this type of a system of government would always suffer from.

But there was a lesson to be learned from EU and US. You have to create opportunities for farmers to leave farming. Not the other way around.

2 hours ago, kepler37b said:

There is a hard lessons for hindus here.

Collaborate,plan and organize.You can extract lot of benefits.

Congratulations to Sikhs. You have shown what can be achieved.

Modi wants to be seen as a mass leader and NOT economic reformer. This is a good political decision. 

Meanwhile more tax money will be spent to acquire the rice that we do not need. 

Mera bharat mahaan.

This is not hindu sikh thing. This is a struggle between haves and have nots.

5 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

List of Blunders of PM Modi

Inviting ISI after Pathankot terror attack (Act of treason) 

Making Sarkaar with Anti national PDP even after NIT incident in 2016

Demonetization...  Terrorism didn't stopped...  Economy screwed. 

NRC (lollypop will never happen) 

Indo China border dispute..  (Chance to give bloody nose gone) 

Art 370 removal good step but zero investments or job opportunities in J&K.  Terrorism on the rise in J&K ulta. 

Bengal violence against hindus Shaheen Bhag & Delhi riots. 

And now Farm laws...  Even his supporters are bashing this guy non stop.  

Thaali ka bengan...  Jidhar wajan udhar bhajan:phehe:

Inviting ISI yes was a mistake.

De m monetization was a mistake.

Here I disagree now. No one and repeat no one handled the China situation better than him. Modi showed restraint and leadership as the disparity between India and China is dis proportionate. That was the best outcome and he got.

You can be critical of lot of things but he is pragmatic.

4 hours ago, R!TTER said:

You can't quantify that, but it's a lot empirically & qualitatively speaking!

Yes you can. It is only 5%. When stubble is not burned do you AQI drops a lot. Air quality does not improve a whole lot when stubble is not burned.

3 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Trading good economics for politics. Not the best idea. 

PM really thinks his base is unconditionally in love with him. Perhaps it’s true. 

Depriving people from a source of income. How is that a good economic policy.

3 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I came to this exact conclusion 3-4 years ago..   He is as fattu as MMS.  But MMS never proclaimed he has 56 inch or whatever.  I think plenty of BJP supporters are disappointed & fed up of this guy.  He has gone old & soft. 

Only person I see in BJP who has leadership quality & nice persona is Nitin Gadkari.  He has good relationship within RSS & I hope instead of side lining him they promote him. 

Shah wants PM kursi as well even though practically he is the one running the nation right now but wants the title someday. 

Modi has lost his marbles & is totally dependent on Shah's input.  Even someone like Yogi has more credibility than him. 

Punishing farmers makes him a strong leader? Doing the right thing makes him a strong leader.

9 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Time for the Punjab middle man and msp loving farmers to carry on walloping 80% of the MSP budget for themselves, this will now enable them to carry on growing toxic ridden wheat and paddy.

Need to set up industry in Punjab like they have in karnataka. That will get them away from farming.

6 hours ago, speedheat said:

Bills were passed by a voice vote despite opposition asking for a recorded vote , which NDA clearly was not in a position to win. 

How much in a haste they were passed shouldn't be the deciding factor of their worth.

Of course it seems that the Country is not in unison over laws and it does seem that in the long run - the laws did have a better economic outcome. 

But if the govt is taking them back in order to win votes or come in majority again - then that's poor.

The bigger concern is how some laws/bills can create strong polarization within a country and people turning on each other based on religion/caste/affiliation.  If people cannot digest the fact that not every bill or legislation is not gonna win the popularity vote and will attack their own country over it - Boy,  that's a major issue over any random bills or laws tbh.  

8 minutes ago, Khota said:

See the post I have above. It is 5 % only. Get a fricking life. Once again an attempt to demonize farmers.

I looked for it, didn't see it.  Provide sources if you can.

I am always willing to be corrected by facts.  Not by nonsense though.  

Btw, Farmers <> landowning exploiters of farm laborers.