Khota

Thank You P.M. Modi for withdrawing farm laws

1 hour ago, Try_Ball said:

My point was that the Bills/laws would have been voted on passed in the Indian parliament before being implemented

Bills were passed by a voice vote despite opposition asking for a recorded vote , which NDA clearly was not in a position to win. 

Edited by speedheat
39 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

So I am thinking aloud. Why did the govt succumb to the pressure at this stage. It didn't make sense unless it is driven by political motives. 

1) Punjab elections. Now Amarinder will join BJP. And also Akalis perhaps to root out congress. 

2) They think they can pass another bill with similar implications. 

3) They want to break up this protest and any further traction / funding they are getting 

4) They see an impact on UP election. 

5) They see this as lone standing issue for opposition to rally and close the possibility. 

Either ways. It's India's loss. 

Thanks for this comprehensive post.

31 minutes ago, Singh bling said:

ICFers should apologise to farmers or accept that Modi bowed down to khalistani's and anti nationals.

28 minutes ago, bharathh said:

It is definitely the latter

Modi is a fattu and is like any other leader focused just to win elections. I was never a ‘bhakt’ only the fact that I thought this man had the conviction to do the right thing for the country after years of Khangress rule. But seems like party politics and state elections are more important- can’t take him or this party seriously anymore.

people should stop jerking off to Herr Mudi and assuming he will fight your battles for you- do them yourself!!

Edited by LordPrabhzy
16 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Modi is a fattu and is like any other leader focused just to win elections. I was never a ‘bhakt’ only the fact that I thought this man had the conviction to do the right thing for the country after years of Khangress rule. But seems like party politics and state elections are more important- can’t take him or this party seriously anymore.

people should stop jerking off to Herr Mudi and assuming he will fight your battles for you- do them yourself!!

There must be some long term thinking behind this. Modi dont even drink water without far bigger motive. People who are saying he did this for election are wrong. All opinon polls saying BJP is oncourse to win big in UP anyway. And even after repealing these laws, BJP has no hope in Punjab. So elections are not the reason. Just wait for the next parliament session, everything will be clear.

Just now, Austin 3:!6 said:

All opinon polls saying BJP is oncourse to win big in UP anyway.

Yeah * those polls, elections are won on the ground & OP means * all in India!

1 minute ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Modi dont even drink water without far bigger motive.

You're giving him far too much credit, these moves are usually Shah's doing while Modi takes a lot of undue credit for some of these policies or rhetoric :no:

11 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Trading good economics for politics. Not the best idea. 

PM really thinks his base is unconditionally in love with him. Perhaps it’s true. 

It's true. But it not just Modi. It is for BJP with any strong leader at the helm....amit shah, Gadkari, yogi whoever... because rest of the parties are mostly anti Hindu.

51 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

I came to this exact conclusion 3-4 years ago..   He is as fattu as MMS.  But MMS never proclaimed he has 56 inch or whatever.  I think plenty of BJP supporters are disappointed & fed up of this guy.  He has gone old & soft. 

Only person I see in BJP who has leadership quality & nice persona is Nitin Gadkari.  He has good relationship within RSS & I hope instead of side lining him they promote him. 

Shah wants PM kursi as well even though practically he is the one running the nation right now but wants the title someday. 

Modi has lost his marbles & is totally dependent on Shah's input.  Even someone like Yogi has more credibility than him. 

8 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I came to this exact conclusion 3-4 years ago..   He is as fattu as MMS.  But MMS never proclaimed he has 56 inch or whatever.  I think plenty of BJP supporters are disappointed & fed up of this guy.  He has gone old & soft. 

Only person I see in BJP who has leadership quality & nice persona is Nitin Gadkari.  He has good relationship within RSS & I hope instead of side lining him they promote him. 

Shah wants PM kursi as well even though practically he is the one running the nation right now but wants the title someday. 

Modi has lost his marbles & is totally dependent on Shah's input.  Even someone like Yogi has more credibility than him. 

There is a reason why most of us don't get to become leaders / policy makers. Knee jerk reactionary approach and conclusions, without defining or understanding the motives. This is a tactical retreat and question you must ask as a stakeholder is why. Getting into ranting mode will serve to distract from asking the question why. 

Not sure what is the reason for withdrawal, but good to know that if sustained pressure is applied this Modi govt will be forced to back down. Not 56 inch afterall. 

The Congress has been so bad, they could not unite people against the govt even in one issue. Credit goes to the farmers, they did what the opposition party could not do. 

Should have done much earlier,if not for nothing else,just to calm the situation.

People saying its foe election,perhaps they are right,I'm novice. But BJP has won in center by clear margin  twice and is 90% sure to win again in 2024.There is no opposition.What more mandate do they need to not worry about elections and just do the right thing? They have been fence sitting on other issues too.