Bangladesh vs Pakistan Series (3 T20Is and 2 Tests)

Austin 3:!6

2 hours ago, Iconoclast said:

Abdullah Shafique looks a good prospect opener ... he was selected after only playing 3 FC innings :omg:

Pakistan is producing few good batsmen lately. Earlier, most of the hype names were only hypes but now they seem to have good temperament.

Abdullah Shafique, Haidar Ali, Babar Azam, Rizwan etc are all very good batsman.

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Pakistan is producing few good batsmen lately. Earlier, most of the hype names were only hypes but now they seem to have good temperament.

Abdullah Shafique, Haidar Ali, Babar Azam, Rizwan etc are all very good batsman.

Pakistan has excellent batting potential in Asian wickets. 

Only issue is bounce in sena. They play swing reasonably well. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Pakistan has excellent batting potential in Asian wickets. 

Only issue is bounce in sena. They play swing reasonably well. 

Yes very true.

Lack of variety in domestic strips plus rare, short tours away  means these batsmen have very little idea on how to play on bouncy wickets.

Indian batsmen have however overcome this hurdle exceptionally well while the rest of the subcontinent batsmen lag behind.

30 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

Yes very true.

Lack of variety in domestic strips plus rare, short tours away  means these batsmen have very little idea on how to play on bouncy wickets.

Indian batsmen have however overcome this hurdle exceptionally well while the rest of the subcontinent batsmen lag behind.

Indian batsmen are hopeless vs spin and swing. They are good vs pace and bounce. 

Pakistan is the opposite literally lol. But Pakistan batting has immense potential. Rizwan babar shafique and abid. It's fantastic. This is top level. Add in shaheen. Only need one more world class bowler. Hassan doesn't suit sena except maybe England. Have to see shafique and abid vs Aussies and saffers to judge him properly however. 

India conversely dont even pick our best players/talents/prodigies tbh so it's hard to say how well they will fare. Based on results vs england and Australia, the young ones have done well. But we are finding it extremely hard to push out seniority culture. 

Edited by Jay
16 hours ago, Jay said:

Indian batsmen are hopeless vs spin and swing. They are good vs pace and bounce. 

Pakistan is the opposite literally lol. But Pakistan batting has immense potential. Rizwan babar shafique and abid. It's fantastic. This is top level. Add in shaheen. Only need one more world class bowler. Hassan doesn't suit sena except maybe England. Have to see shafique and abid vs Aussies and saffers to judge him properly however. 

India conversely dont even pick our best players/talents/prodigies tbh so it's hard to say how well they will fare. Based on results vs england and Australia, the young ones have done well. But we are finding it extremely hard to push out seniority culture. 

Abid is a good player of spin, but not overly impressive against pace. He will do a job until eventually being replaced by a better youngster. Kamran ghulam will be my pick.

Shafiq on the other hand is the real deal. He has potential to become one of the better batsmen in world cricket, across formats.

You rightly said, Hasan in SA n OZ is not going to be effective, but he is a great flat/low bounce wicket bowler. This is a rare skill that most SENA bullies like Rabada dont possess, so it should be valued.

Dahani and Naseem are going to be the options for pace friendly conditions, but all of this is going to take a year/year n a half to come together.

1 hour ago, Axl100mph said:

Abid is a good player of spin, but not overly impressive against pace. He will do a job until eventually being replaced by a better youngster. Kamran ghulam will be my pick.

Shafiq on the other hand is the real deal. He has potential to become one of the better batsmen in world cricket, across formats.

You rightly said, Hasan in SA n OZ is not going to be effective, but he is a great flat/low bounce wicket bowler. This is a rare skill that most SENA bullies like Rabada dont possess, so it should be valued.

Dahani and Naseem are going to be the options for pace friendly conditions, but all of this is going to take a year/year n a half to come together.

Ofcourse it should be valued. Bowling in Asia is way tougher for fast bowlers compared to sena conditions. 

On 11/29/2021 at 11:25 PM, Austin 3:!6 said:

better than ours easily vs swing. they struggle vs pace and bounce. though.

On 11/30/2021 at 7:40 PM, Axl100mph said:

these are pakistan's best players.

1) babar

2) shaheen

3) rizwan

4) shafique

5) fawad

excellent batting prospects. pakistan's batting is seriously impressive. I want to see them vs kiwis. i think they can challenge them away this time if pakistan were to face them. 

21 minutes ago, Jay said:

these are pakistan's best players.

1) babar

2) shaheen

3) rizwan

4) shafique

5) fawad

excellent batting prospects. pakistan's batting is seriously impressive. I want to see them vs kiwis. i think they can challenge them away this time if pakistan were to face them. 

Ghanta..  Kiwis will blow them away just like they did last year.  Give them two tests in Wellington & Christchurch like us & witness carnage..  No slow low Mount Manganui ground  this time. 

In Pakistan actually can be a great series.  If Kiwis come full strength to Pakistan...  Which I hope they do.  Want to see a cracking series in Pakistan than UAE.  

Edited by Lone Wolf
11 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Ghanta..  Kiwis will blow them away just like they did last year.  Give them two tests in Wellington & Christchurch like us & witness carnage..  No slow low Mount Manganui ground  this time. 

In Pakistan actually can be a great series.  If Kiwis come full strength to Pakistan...  Which I hope they do.  Want to see a cracking series in Pakistan than UAE.  

you think so? i want to see though. i think pakistan have mental edge that works in their favour. Although record post 2010 has been very poor for pakistanis vs kiwis in tests. At home, pakistan should beat kiwis comfortably.