South Africa A vs India A : Nov/Dec 2021 (3 Un official test at Bloemfontein)

Negi95

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

What a load of bull crap. He came into limelight after a wonderful Ranji season in 2018-19, picked 40+ wickets, bowling brilliantly on some really flat wickets. He's struggling for form in recent matches, but that can happen to anyone especially a young leg spinner.

Mayank is quite good as well but has fallen off the radar for some reason post a groin injury in 2019. No FC cricket last season didn't help him much. Expect him to be back in contention after this season.

One half ranji season does not warrant a place in the India A, Gopal has close to 200 first class wickets but he has never been considered for India A, Ashwin had close to 150 first class wickets before his test debut. Rahul chahar is a average spinner, defensive option at best. His ipl showings played a big part in his India A selection.

26 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

One half ranji season does not warrant a place in the India A, Gopal has close to 200 first class wickets but he has never been considered for India A, Ashwin had close to 150 first class wickets before his test debut. Rahul chahar is a average spinner, defensive option at best. His ipl showings played a big part in his India A selection.

Stop making up facts. Try that stunt with someone else.

Gopal first played for India A (vs BD A) back in 2015 and was part of the A side vs SL A in 2018-19. But then how would you know. Perhaps you started tracking the Indian players only recently when you assumed a new identity.

On Ashwin - made his FC debut in 2006-07 and started playing ODIs for India in June 2010. See how he performed before playing his first international matches for India

2006-07: 4 matches, 31 wickets

2007-08: 2 matches, 8 wickets (got injured)

2008-09: 8 matches, 24 wickets (had lost his pivot)

2009-10: 7 matches, 17 wickets

Again, I wouldn't expect you to know about these small but relevant details. 

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Stop making up facts. Try that stunt with someone else.

Gopal first played for India A (vs BD A) back in 2015 and was part of the A side vs SL A in 2018-19. But then how would you know. Perhaps you started tracking the Indian players only recently when you assumed a new identity.

On Ashwin - made his FC debut in 2006-07 and started playing ODIs for India in June 2010. See how he performed before playing his first international matches for India

2006-07: 4 matches, 31 wickets

2007-08: 2 matches, 8 wickets (got injured)

2008-09: 8 matches, 24 wickets (had lost his pivot)

2009-10: 7 matches, 17 wickets

Again, I wouldn't expect you to know about these small but relevant details. 

Muh Gopal has not yet played a first class game for India A, I don't care about him playing odi's for India A, i was talking about first class cricket, Jayant and chahar were the spinners in the 4 day game against Sl A series my point remains Ashwin had 4 seasons of domestic cricket only then he went on to play for India. 2010-11 season Ashwin played 5 matches picked up 24 wickets. Another 7 wickets in a Irani cup final in 2010, six wickets in a duleep trophy match in 2009-10 season. So it wasn't after just one season before recognition.

1 hour ago, Mesky99 said:

Muh Gopal has not yet played a first class game for India A, I don't care about him playing odi's for India A, i was talking about first class cricket, Jayant and chahar were the spinners in the 4 day game against Sl A series my point remains Ashwin had 4 seasons of domestic cricket only then he went on to play for India. 2010-11 season Ashwin played 5 matches picked up 24 wickets. Another 7 wickets in a Irani cup final in 2010, six wickets in a duleep trophy match in 2009-10 season. So it wasn't after just one season before recognition.

India A has now become India A official tests. Nice. Next goal post shift please. 

BTW Rahul Chahar is in his 5th FC season. But how would you know. May have got to 100+ FC wickets but for no FC cricket last season and missing a large part of 2019-20 due to injury.

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Now many Indian fans on twitter saying India should have picked Unadkat as he was performing in Ranji:hysterical::hysterical:  This is the level of IQ of most Indian fans &,  people think we will get out of this trundler loving mindset. 

There was a time ,not too long ago, people were found still craving for praveen Kumar who perhaps was out of scene for 10 years already,people here do generalize everything,they think if a swing bowler like can pick wickets in England ,they can do it across continents

They don't ponder deep over things in cricket

Still find wierd, who doesn't like high pace bowling (given its not absolutely erratic) even in fans of this generation?

15 hours ago, express bowling said:

Arzan seems to lack steam even during the first session of day ... floats the ball up most of the time I have seen him bowl.

2nd tier, 3rd tier grounds where majority of the ranji games are held at allow such bowlers to prosper, on the first day most of these pitches have a lot in store for bowlers like arzan and co. 

19 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Pitch is a absolute belter...  Ball coming on nicely.  More like a good Mumbai track with true bounce.  Shaw has hit couple of drives on the up.  Sachin esque

Still scoring 500 odd is impressive though. Agreed. This is poor for viewing. Hated the 2000 era where there were so many huge scores on docile pitches. Needs to have a balance. 300 type pitches are perfect. 

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

Still scoring 500 odd is impressive though. Agreed. This is poor for viewing. Hated the 2000 era where there were so many huge scores on docile pitches. Needs to have a balance. 300 type pitches are perfect. 

But bowlers chucking no drs etc made it nice viewing experience as well.  Bats were also decent not like today when timing the ball has become easier.