South Africa A vs India A : Nov/Dec 2021 (3 Un official test at Bloemfontein)

Negi95

9 minutes ago, Cricspin said:

For tests I agree he probably needs to think on his game and definitely fitness. 

However what stops our selectors and team management from playing him in T20I ? 

He is scoring at 100SR in tests and just cant be selected for T20.

he is fat. lazy and unfit. when he gets fitter, he will even play better and be able to last longer. 

41 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

How can a guy with 19 50+ scores in 46 innings have temperament issues? He's doing absolutely fine, should not be asked to change his game,. Only thing he needs to work on is his fitness

Question is how many of these were in flat decks and how many in green tops or spinning turners. He has obvious temperment isues as exposed by hasaranga in the sl odis. He has issues against pace as exposed by starc and co. When you rely on hand eye coordination you cannot survive without having temperment. You can in fc cricket but not in intl arena. Kl rahul had similar stats as well and see how he changed his game to be more defensively strong in last 2/3 yrs. 

1 minute ago, neel roy said:

Question is how many of these were in flat decks and how many in green tops or spinning turners. He has obvious temperment isues as exposed by hasaranga in the sl odis. He has issues against pace as exposed by starc and co. When you rely on hand eye coordination you cannot survive without having temperment. You can in fc cricket but not in intl arena. Kl rahul had similar stats as well and see how he changed his game to be more defensively strong in last 2/3 yrs. 

yeah 21 year old should dominate on greentops and rank turners :nice:

there was nothing wrong with his temperament in SL. He was among our better batsman.

9 minutes ago, Lord said:

yeah 21 year old should dominate on greentops and rank turners :nice:

there was nothing wrong with his temperament in SL. He was among our better batsman.

He got out twice in the same fashion trying to blast hasaranga. He could have easily played out the over as he already had the runs in bag. Thats called temperment. Skills he has. Temperment No..also Shubman gill is his age. He might not have dominated but did pretty well.. 

Edited by neel roy

He got out twice in the same fashion trying to blast hasaranga. He could have easily played out the over as he already had the runs in bag. Thats called temperment. Skills he has. Temperment No..also Shubman gill is his age. He might not have dominated but did pretty well.. 

Playing out the over isnt his job. Bashing them is. Because of that we won first ODI inside first 10 overs of chase.

When has Gill done well in LOIs? His SR is 69.

Yes he did well in Aus Tests. but then failed vs England.

Such inconsistency is common at that age, Both are future stars

2 minutes ago, Lord said:

Playing out the over isnt his job. Bashing them is. Because of that we won first ODI inside first 10 overs of chase.

When has Gill done well in LOIs? His SR is 69.

Yes he did well in Aus Tests. but then failed vs England.

Such inconsistency is common at that age, Both are future stars

I m talking about longer form. Temperment is the backbone of being a good test player. Only skills wont make you a successful test player. 

I m talking about longer form. Temperment is the backbone of being a good test player. Only skills wont make you a successful test player. 

Yes,but there's nothing to suggest Shaw doesn't have it. Its not like he threw away wicket in Test.

Building innings comes from experience.He'll be good by 25 years age which is damn good.

33 minutes ago, neel roy said:

And why would expect a 21-22 year old to be a complete batsman. Try naming even one batsman who mastered all conditions at such young age - Sachin was an exception.

Like I said, he is doing fine. Tinkering with him and asking him to change his approach will only damage him. Getting fitter alone will easily improve him game massively.

Hasranga exposed him by getting him out in 1 out of 4 innings?

Edited by ShoonyaSifar

Just checked the scorecard, looks like SA don't want to give young Indians practice on 'normal' SA tracks anymore.  Pata track I'd assume based on the scorecard, so maybe not overly harsh on the bowlers.  Fully expect 2 out of Panchal, Easwaran, Vihari to put up daddy tons.  Prithvi threw away a golden chance to make a strong claim to stay in the test squad selection conversation.  

13 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

And why would expect a 21-22 year old to be a complete batsman. Try naming even one batsman who mastered all conditions at such young age - Sachin was an exception.

Like I said, he is doing fine. Tinkering with him and asking him to change his approach will only damage him. Getting fitter alone will easily improve him game massively.

Hasranga exposed him by getting him out in 1 out of 4 innings?

I think he got out to spinners exactly in same fashion trying to hoick across the line. One of them was hasaranga the other i dont remember. Problem is approach can be misconstrued. In tacky pitches if you are set you do need to change your approach as very good chance the batsmen who ll come next will find it difficult to time the ball. You cannot just get out blasting and say this is my natural game.. he is not a complete batsman anyways but skillful.. dravid surely will make it clear to him that in longer formats you need to buckle down and play the conditions..

9 minutes ago, neel roy said:

I think he got out to spinners exactly in same fashion trying to hoick across the line. One of them was hasaranga the other i dont remember. Problem is approach can be misconstrued. In tacky pitches if you are set you do need to change your approach as very good chance the batsmen who ll come next will find it difficult to time the ball. You cannot just get out blasting and say this is my natural game.. he is not a complete batsman anyways but skillful.. dravid surely will make it clear to him that in longer formats you need to buckle down and play the conditions..

From Hasranga exposed him, we now move to he got out trying to hit spinners, which again is incorrect.

In the 1st ODI, he got out trying to hit Dhananjay Desilva and holed out to long on

In the 2nd match Hasranga bowled him and in the 3rd ODI, Shanaka got him LBW.

Next?

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
7 minutes ago, neel roy said:

that's what Sehwag did pretty much throughout his career.

52 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Shaw has made some adjustments with his trigger and back lift but he keeps making the same mistakes, bad habits keep creeping in his batting, Shaw has a long way to go and I doubt he will get his opening batting slot anytime soon in the test team.

4 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Sehwag was a lot clinical, lack of footwork yes but his bat always came down straight unlike Shaw's, sehwag had better balance at the crease, head under the ball, Shaw at times is all over the place.

approach was the same which is what I was responding.

Sehwag struggled vs swing too. 

Shaw will improve,but it has to be done without losing the natural approach.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Sehwag stunk overseas.

One century in south africa. Bloemfontein

one in england. Nottingham

two in Australia. Melbourne, adelaide

two in pakistan. Multan, Lahore

one in windies during 2000s. St lucia

7 overseas ton is not bad. Not great either. It doesnt smell as good as Chanel but it ll do for a while ..

3 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

From Hasranga exposed him, we now move to he got out trying to hit spinners, which again is incorrect.

In the 1st ODI, he got out trying to hit Dhananjay Desilva and holed out to long on

In the 2nd match Hasranga bowled him and in the 3rd ODI, Shanaka got him LBW.

Next?

U answered it urself. Check highlights.. in both matches he played across the line which i mentioned.