South Africa A vs India A : Nov/Dec 2021 (3 Un official test at Bloemfontein)

Negi95

3 hours ago, Lord said:

that's what Sehwag did pretty much throughout his career.

Not really.  Veeru loved to attack and did it as often as possible.  But people don't remember how tight his defensive game was.  

One of his best hundreds was on an aus tour where he helped India draw a test match.  

He wasn't just an idiot who attacked regardless of the situation.  

14 minutes ago, neel roy said:

One century in south africa. Bloemfontein

one in england. Nottingham

two in Australia. Melbourne, adelaide

two in pakistan. Multan, Lahore

one in windies during 2000s. St lucia

7 overseas ton is not bad. Not great either. It doesnt smell as good as Chanel but it ll do for a while ..

I remember steyn saying this. In order to set field for sehwag in tests you should have ODI field set. It is very unusual you open with a third man. But they did when Sehwag batted. He actually holed out.

2.1 Steyn 1, Sehwag 0! Sehwag left the first two go in the first over. Can't hold back this time. Gets one on a length, landing outside off and moving away a touch. He tries to go up and over with the upper cut. Hashim Amla was lurking at third man, not all the way back to the boundary. He was there specifically for this shot. Sehwag was not entirely to the pitch of it, and ended up scooping it in the air. Amla snaffles it. SA have struck a huge blow. 1/1

40 minutes ago, neel roy said:

U answered it urself. Check highlights.. in both matches he played across the line which i mentioned.

So now hoick across the line is the same as playing across the line! Still it's incorrect.

Shaw was bowled by Hasranga on a googly trying to play a cover drive! I don't know how one can play a cover drive  across the line!

I"ll end this discussion here :hello:

Panchal is gearing up well and warrants a place in the India test team ahead of pujara now, how long will both pujara and rahane continue without any consistency, a line has to be drawn, enough of the seniority card, they fail more often than they score. Panchal at 3, virat 4, gill at 5, vihari at 6 in South Africa, 7 pant, shardul Ashwin, Siraj and bumrah making up the bowling attack, With kl and Rohit opening. Panchal can bowl some medium pace and vihari is a decent part time option to have.

19 hours ago, sandeep said:

Not really.  Veeru loved to attack and did it as often as possible.  But people don't remember how tight his defensive game was.  

One of his best hundreds was on an aus tour where he helped India draw a test match.  

He wasn't just an idiot who attacked regardless of the situation.  

That was because he was making a comeback and had to cement his place .

He had been dropped for the same reason. Slashing and over attacking in tough conditions.

He used to be circumspect early in his career and when making comeback. But otherwise he played 'his way'. It also brought us many great wins like Chennai 2008,so I'm not complaining. He's one of my favs

42 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

All the talk about Vihari last few days he looked pretty bad on a docile surface.  I think Iyer should shut the door for him.  Gill is already there for middle order. 

Washy

Shaw

Iyer

Poor vihari. I don't think we should rule him out yet. He deserves a go. Hope he impresses rather soon. But he had a poor showing in England(county) and now here. 

Maybe lack of practice. Still have high hopes for him. 

49 minutes ago, Jay said:

Washy

Shaw

Iyer

Poor vihari. I don't think we should rule him out yet. He deserves a go. Hope he impresses rather soon. But he had a poor showing in England(county) and now here. 

Maybe lack of practice. Still have high hopes for him. 

Yeah but even guys like Easwaran look superior than him.  Vihari needs to go back to domestics ideally & score runs to get some form back otherwise he will get completely wrecked on international scene...  Shutting the door permanently for him. 

8 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yeah but even guys like Easwaran look superior than him.  Vihari needs to go back to domestics ideally & score runs to get some form back otherwise he will get completely wrecked on international scene...  Shutting the door permanently for him. 

watched the live stream, He was looking confident and well set...Got out to a spinner trying to cut...