Indian cricketers get their new dietary plan, will be able to eat only ‘Halal certified’ meat now

coffee_rules

On 11/23/2021 at 6:52 PM, Trichromatic said:

Pork, beef banned in any form; Halal meat made compulsory for Indian cricket team - Report

Published as "sports tak said so in report" rather than :"BCCI has done so".

Not even a single media house has their own sources in BCCI?

If these claims are true, why are they using such terms? Why isn't WION bold enough to publish that BCCI has enforced such ban? 

It's easiest way to publish such claims, never publish it as news, rather say that xyz said so.

Show me a single news article which is breaking it as BCCI enforcing ban as news and not as claims of sports tak.

Because this is not a news, so, can't be published as a news until BCCI releases a press note.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Because this is not a news, so, can't be published as a news until BCCI releases a press note.

There are many ways in media houses publish news.

1. From news agency - PTI for ex. Many news channels get information from PTI and then publish it as news by creating their own article.

2. Press notes

3. Reporters - Directly publishing what reporters see and find.

In these cases, news channels publish it as a news.

When there is unconfirmed news or rumor started by a single source, sports tak in this case, then they adopt a way of publishing it as xyz said so and people are reacting in this manner to that report. This is how they ensure that they don't get any blame if news in not correct. It's like I am not saying so, someone has said so. I am merely telling you what they said. Upto you to believe it or not.

Initially when it was published by sports tak, only OpIndia and later Wion picked it up and published it by quoting sports tak.

2 days later more news sites published it as article from information obtained by PTI. As told by these sites, PTI got hold of the menu at the stadium.

1. PTI didn't post photo of menu anywhere, or maybe I didn't find it. 

2. Some people created an image of menu and started sharing it as actual one on twitter.

3. If news channels say that PTI got hold hold of menu, then it can believed as multiple media houses would avoid attributing it wrongly to PTI.

4. If we assume that there is a menu like that which was accessed by sports tak and PTI, how is this information used to create an article with different spin? This scenario is a good example of that:

a) Claim that BCCI banned beef/pork and allowed halal only, even though there is no such notice from BCCI side. Some people even started posting that BCCI has issued circular (menu changed to circular) to make it believable. Adding own assumption/opinion along with information. This is where bias/ignorance of people come into picture. Reporters add their assumptions either as mistake or to fulfil the agenda or simply by bias. TheWire, OpIndia or TOI, any media house can do that. It's upto reader to realize that. 

b) Use the words like new diktat, new plan, now (as used in thread title), which would give an impression that this is a recent change and it wasn't like this earlier even though they don't know if it has been same for 10 months or 10 years. No proof needed. This is again common tactic used especially in case of political agenda. LW will post something and try to associate with current govt as if it changed only after 2014, but they will ignore what was the scenario earlier. RW will do the same.

5. If there is menu accessed by PTI, news channels would have posted it by now. They generally try to be as early as possible. This is another doubt over in these sequence of events.

6. Let's say there is a menu, it could be same from long time and it might have requested by players with BCCI having no role in all this. If players don't have any problem, there should be any issue. If they have problem, they would have reached out to BCCI.

7. When whole thing started spreading, then only BCCI clarified that they haven't published any such circular and players are free to eat whatever they want. These rumors are baseless. A part of media quoted Dhumal, some got hold of unknown sources in BCCI and quoted them.

8. If you read actual quotes, it seems that BCCI has denied publishing such instructions, but not the existence of such menu as of now. So, probably menu part is correct. However like I said, it could be something not forced by BCCI, rather decided by players long time back and they might not have issue with all this.

9. Another claim that is coming from those who want to believe that BCCI is left leaning now, is that BCCI probably enforced this and now they are covering it up to avoid controversy.

Now it's upto person to person, which lens they want to read all these.

5 hours ago, dial_100 said:

@coffee_rules I think we should delete this thread. It doesnt look good that our site promotes discussion on fake news. What say?

I want to remove this thread completely.

Having a thread on this fine irrespective of what's the truth as controversy is already out there, but when personally I believe that we should be careful when we post religious issues or anything unconfirmed news associated with cricket. Opinions are debatable, politics and current affairs, not related to cricket are still treated bit differently. That's why I had temporarily taken down the thread to discuss it with others and somehow it was too offensive for the the poster even though it was posted only by sports tak.

Parallels were drawn with ahmedabad thread which was already in shared by ANI and multiple media houses. They even quoted officials and CM. 

A better parallel would be thread about Dawood's aides' wife accusing Pandya, Rajeev Shukla and Munaf Patel, where although it was posted by 1-2 sites, poster created thread later and added remark about it also.

On 11/23/2021 at 9:52 PM, Trichromatic said:

Outrage is so important for OP started abusing in another thread, just because I had hidden the thread to discuss with others about the source and whether to keep it on forum or not. He also lied about it being all over news then even though it was reported by only sports tak and quoted by OpIndia.

It was all over the news with the same content. What if opIndia or just one source reports it ? We have many threads by AAPians and farmers , publishing news from theWire, quint etc, are they legit? When all others started reporting, BCCI was forced to give a statement 

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/bccis-halal-meat-recommendation-for-indian-cricketers-raises-eyebrows-7637941/

Action after outrage:

https://www.dnaindia.com/cricket/report-halal-meat-diet-for-team-india-cricketers-bcci-arun-dhumal-beef-pork-food-2920942

On 11/23/2021 at 9:52 PM, Trichromatic said:

Lies, abuses and intimidation, those are tools used by RW who have taken over the site. It is extremely offensive to them if their agenda is not fulfilled 100%. 

Bhai, I don’t own this site to push an agenda. BTW, I deleted that post the very next day. Giving us sanghis too much credit or power

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

It was all over the news with the same content. What if opIndia or just one source reports it ? We have many threads by AAPians and farmers , publishing news from theWire, quint etc, are they legit? When all others started reporting, BCCI was forced to give a statement 

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/bccis-halal-meat-recommendation-for-indian-cricketers-raises-eyebrows-7637941/

Action after outrage:

https://www.dnaindia.com/cricket/report-halal-meat-diet-for-team-india-cricketers-bcci-arun-dhumal-beef-pork-food-2920942

Bhai, I don’t own this site to push an agenda. BTW, I deleted that post the very next day. Giving us sanghis too much credit or power

No it wasn't. It was just on 2 websties. 1 sports tak and other OpIndia quoting sports tak.

Saying that it was all over news when you made this claim for first time, is plain lie.

Lies indicate agenda and you abused on the site and got away with it. Definitely you have power also.

I had reported the post and no action was taken for your abuses. I wonder why.

11 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

No it wasn't. It was just on 2 websties. 1 sports tak and other OpIndia quoting sports tak.

So what? Does it make it fake newa? Like many farmers' news discussed here? 

11 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Saying that it was all over news when you made this claim for first time, is plain lie.

Lies indicate agenda and you abused on the site and got away with it. Definitely you have power also.

I had reported the post and no action was taken for your abuses. I wonder why.

Yes it was one a bunch of sites, including WION and IE. DNA when you took action. Still, I had said, you can delete the thread when BCCI clarifies. Which they have done.

Stop whining. I deleted on my own and stopped posting, otherwise Mods would have deleted it.  As far this thread. you can hide it or do whatever

Edited by coffee_rules