Can India afford to be secular?

zen

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

All that is fine, why do you think the said community is opposing the flag hoisting?

Which community is opposing flag hoisting? 

When did that happen? Another made up stuff? 

You won't find such claims even on OpIndia. 

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

So I was trying to look up. Is there any law that stops an Indian citizen from hoisting an Indian flag in Sovereign territory of India ?

Whatever this guy's intentions. I don't care. Only interested what the law says. 

There is no law and that's why people have not been arrested or charged. 

Do you see anyone in jail and FIR being registered? 

No one was stopped for hoisting the flag. People were stopped from violating prohibitory orders and giving violence threats.

If these people were unlawfully stopped, let them go to the court and prove it. Until then it's just propaganda and use of flag as cover up.

[mention=6559]Malcolm Merlyn[/mention] [mention=286]sandeep[/mention] [mention=18424]jalebi_bhai[/mention] [mention=17963]Austin 3:!6[/mention]

Is it acceptable to take a dig and pass such remarks in case of victims? 

What is this forum being reduced to? Scoring points with victims. 
Lol , what are you complaining about?
The Truth?

9 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

@Malcolm Merlyn @sandeep @jalebi_bhai @Austin 3:!6

Is it acceptable to take a dig and pass such remarks in case of victims? 

What is this forum being reduced to? Scoring points with victims. 

I don't know enough about the context here to make a 'judgement'.  I don't see any cursing or inflammatory.  I'll let some other mod decide.  I usually refrain from interfering unless I'm certain that the post/poster crosses a clear line...

Hamid Ansari is a classic case of Indian secularism.

This guy has all the riches, and occupied powerful constitutional posts . Yet, his past and his present represents and thinking about his creed, his "com". Ultimately, where is Indian Muslims? Indian Christians? The lack of Indian based narrative of our minorities is damage to our secular credentials.  Rather constantly seek inspiration, power, money from foreign world and invaders.

And I haven't even talked about Ansari sabotage with RAW operations in Iran...

^ As i said, Unless govmnt recognises, creates real stats, historical evidences, and educates all Indians about genocide, mass murders, mass forced conversion and brutality which was carried out since Bin Qasim’s attack till (ralav chalav ghalav ie convert , leave or die) and how ancestors of present day Indian Muslim is actually biggest sufferers of attacks on India, and also prepares common Muslim middle and lower middle class Muslims to critically stand up to BS propaganda by select few designated intellectual and their religious leaders, we will continue to have real Jihadi Ansaris wearing the cloak of intellectual.

There is one movie i watched recently Shikara. Its a bit of documentary type but better then shaharukh khans documentary “dil se” and the female actress Sadia has done brilliant job. If it was me i would give a filmfare award for her role as Shanti Dhar.

Edited by mishra

2 hours ago, someone said:

Hamid Ansari is a classic case of Indian secularism.

This guy has all the riches, and occupied powerful constitutional posts . Yet, his past and his present represents and thinking about his creed, his "com". Ultimately, where is Indian Muslims? Indian Christians? The lack of Indian based narrative of our minorities is damage to our secular credentials.  Rather constantly seek inspiration, power, money from foreign world and invaders.

And I haven't even talked about Ansari sabotage with RAW operations in Iran...

Seems like this speech is written by Tharoor. He is representing all Indians, speaks only for a vast minority, his baradari/quom. There are many minorities living in India and flourishing like Jains, Buddhists, Parsis, even majority Sikhs, who don’t play minority victim card except the vast majority of Muslim and Christian intellectuals their religions who have colonized India and still does speak of supremacy.

What does he mean by imaginary cultural nationalism? Bharat Mata ki Jai and Bande Mataram are slogans which are more than 150 years old uniting a lot of Indians. Look at how he lays out aspersions on our electoral system as a religious majority. BJP should criticize him for speaking in an anti-India meeting , pro-Baki group that has lobbied to blacklist India in the phony American commission of International Religious Freedon.

Seems like this speech is written by Tharoor. He is representing all Indians, speaks only for a vast minority, his baradari/quom. There are many minorities living in India and flourishing like Jains, Buddhists, Parsis, even majority Sikhs, who don’t play minority victim card except the vast majority of Muslim and Christian intellectuals their religions who have colonized India and still does speak of supremacy.

What does he mean by imaginary cultural nationalism? Bharat Mata ki Jai and Bande Mataram are slogans which are more than 150 years old uniting a lot of Indians. Look at how he lays out aspersions on our electoral system as a religious majority. BJP should criticize him for speaking in an anti-India meeting , pro-Baki group that has lobbied to blacklist India in the phony American commission of International Religious Freedon.

He's related to mukhtar Ansari..nuff said

18 hours ago, mishra said:

^ As i said, Unless govmnt recognises, creates real stats, historical evidences, and educates all Indians about genocide, mass murders, mass forced conversion and brutality which was carried out since Bin Qasim’s attack till (ralav chalav ghalav ie convert , leave or die) and how ancestors of present day Indian Muslim is actually biggest sufferers of attacks on India, and also prepares common Muslim middle and lower middle class Muslims to critically stand up to BS propaganda by select few designated intellectual and their religious leaders, we will continue to have real Jihadi Ansaris wearing the cloak of intellectual.

There is one movie i watched recently Shikara. Its a bit of documentary type but better then shaharukh khans documentary “dil se” and the female actress Sadia has done brilliant job. If it was me i would give a filmfare award for her role as Shanti Dhar.

You do realise this film was actually justifying the jihadis in Kashmir typical in  Bollywood style and a dose of 'ram mandir' secularism. The movie itself has been blasted by KP groups for showing false history at their expense- I will not even watch this movie due to the narrative it is trying to set. Muslim actors playing the two main characters... obviously the truth and horrors will be watered down

23 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

You do realise this film was actually justifying the jihadis in Kashmir typical in  Bollywood style and a dose of 'ram mandir' secularism. The movie itself has been blasted by KP groups for showing false history at their expense- I will not even watch this movie due to the narrative it is trying to set. Muslim actors playing the two main characters... obviously the truth and horrors will be watered down

I know what you mean. There are just couple of dialogues but It did show the pain of Pandits and geopolitical apathy of West. I won’t be surprised that such rumours are intentionally planted so that people do not make future efforts on the subject. Hope more Pandit stories are told to audience in better way in coming days. Govmnt needs to enourage this so that people can watch the pain and sufferings.

Infact after watching it, i feel bad for my early life indifferent interactions with Kashmiri Pandits living in Indian society. If only i can go back in time, i would have outwardly welcomed and befriended them

Edited by mishra

12 minutes ago, mishra said:

I know what you mean. There are just couple of dialogues but It did show the pain of Pandits and geopolitical apathy of West. I won’t be surprised that such rumours are intentionally planted so that people do not make future efforts on the subject. Hope more Pandit stories are told to audience in better way in coming days. Govmnt needs to enourage this so that people can watch the pain and sufferings.

Infact after watching it, i feel bad for my early life indifferent interactions with Kashmiri Pandits living in Indian society. If only i can go back in time, i would have outwardly welcomed and befriended them

Kashmir Files by Vivek Agnihotri is the ONE film which will not shy away from portraying the true history and horrors but obv Netflix and Amazon will make sure it wont be on their platform. Lets hope its released soon it has already been delayed for 2 years.

You are right- growing up in India the plight of KPs post 1990 was kept hushed up and it was only in the UK when i was able to research more into the event i realised the true nature of apathy of hindus against our very own who have suffered 7 major genocide attempts over hundreds of years and our community simply does not care