Why do Indians get so offended by what people say about them or India?

SujitPrakash

2 hours ago, someone said:

The worst are those foreigners react to Indian food/movie etc Youtube videos. It's so popular with Indians,  yet you wouldn't get any westerners excited if vice versa? They wouldn't give a damn about our reaction.

How morally weak are we Indians.

This is very true, those react videos on YouTube where foreigners react to Bollywood, Tamil movies, Indian food, etc are disgusting.

But yet when foreigners give us positive criticism all the Indians will be crying and beating their chest and calling them anti national.

Edited by SujitPrakash

Trump Election in US got was not meddled by Russia and no one got offended. But its ok to portray Indian government in bad light and fund Indian opposition.

Hinduism and its philosophy is institutionally bad and condemnable ( for example say women empowerment) when US still hasn’t got a female President, UK got its PM in 1990s but Myanmar or India allready got them (despite democrcies as new there)

Character assassination of Lord Ram is freedom of speech, when even Ravana looks like a Saint to followers of those doing character assassination.

Bottomline is, our philosophy is different, it has scope of continuous improvement and our evils are mostly down to poverty, we know it hence our offended feeling is  subconscious repel against neocolonialism which is exactly what happening here. Else why don’t we get lectures from Chinese, Russians or Japanese on how bad we are. Offcourse Congress Royal regime didn’t help the situation by failing spectacularly in governance infact in effort to save monarchy they effectively tried to condemn Hindus as terrorists.

31 minutes ago, SujitPrakash said:

This is very true, those react videos on YouTube where foreigners react to Bollywood, Tamil movies, Indian food, etc are disgusting.

But yet when foreigners give us positive criticism all the Indians will be crying and beating their chest and calling them anti national.

Because their opinion matters. They are still controlling word trade, bank, currency, Imf, UN Technology laws regulations Justice trade routes and so on.

47 minutes ago, mishra said:

Trump Election in US got was not meddled by Russia and no one got offended. But its ok to portray Indian government in bad light and fund Indian opposition.

Hinduism and its philosophy is institutionally bad and condemnable ( for example say women empowerment) when US still hasn’t got a female President, UK got its PM in 1990s but Myanmar or India allready got them (despite democrcies as new there)

Character assassination of Lord Ram is freedom of speech, when even Ravana looks like a Saint to followers of those doing character assassination.

Bottomline is, our philosophy is different, it has scope of continuous improvement and our evils are mostly down to poverty, we know it hence our offended feeling is  subconscious repel against neocolonialism which is exactly what happening here. Else why don’t we get lectures from Chinese, Russians or Japanese on how bad we are. Offcourse Congress Royal regime didn’t help the situation by failing spectacularly in governance infact in effort to save monarchy they effectively tried to condemn Hindus as terrorists.

I agree with you, but I also disagree with you. We Indians needs to find a good balance and not get emotional when people say negative things about us.

Look we say we are proud of India, but yet to throw rubbish everywhere, if we are proud shouldn't we start with the basic's like cleanliness, how can we claim to respect mother India when we disrespect India every Nano second? 

23 minutes ago, SujitPrakash said:

I agree with you, but I also disagree with you. We Indians needs to find a good balance and not get emotional when people say negative things about us.

Look we say we are proud of India, but yet to throw rubbish everywhere, if we are proud shouldn't we start with the basic's like cleanliness, how can we claim to respect mother India when we disrespect India every Nano second? 

Brilliant, But flawed. You want Indians to use dustbin but there have to be infra and money fo support dustbin. A dustbin example needs dumping sites collection units, collection people , drivers and dustbin lorry. Its a work in progress cycle where education, habbit , wealth infra will have to be cultivated. Criticism is valid but ground realities needs to be considered. Take a Educated Indian out of India and put him in west and you will find he will switch his habbits just as westerners but will still clean his bum using water which is most hygienic way on potty pot. But has west despite all its advances and money got using water to clean their bum when they themselves know toilet roll doesn’t do the job. Even Japanese use watered loo.

So, who actually west or you is critcising when blaming about dustbin. indian or poverty of Indians?

52 minutes ago, mishra said:

Brilliant, But flawed. You want Indians to use dustbin but there have to be infra and money fo support dustbin. A dustbin example needs dumping sites collection units, collection people , drivers and dustbin lorry. Its a work in progress cycle where education, habbit , wealth infra will have to be cultivated. Criticism is valid but ground realities needs to be considered. Take a Educated Indian out of India and put him in west and you will find he will switch his habbits just as westerners but will still clean his bum using water which is most hygienic way on potty pot. But has west despite all its advances and money got using water to clean their bum when they themselves know toilet roll doesn’t do the job. Even Japanese use watered loo.

So, who actually west or you is critcising when blaming about dustbin. indian or poverty of Indians?

Not blaming, everyone is at fault, India, foreigners, everyone is a scumbag in their own way.

5 hours ago, SujitPrakash said:

Not blaming, everyone is at fault, India, foreigners, everyone is a scumbag in their own way.

If that is the conclusion here, then it applies to & ends every discussion.

Problem A, B, C, D etc

Analysis: alpha beta gamma delta etc

RCA: because of scumbags

Solution: dont be a scumbag

Edited by Clarke

17 hours ago, SujitPrakash said:

Remember when the Mangalyaan MARS rover landed? It was a moment of pride, yet many Indians and foreigners choose to criticize it, on how a poor nation of India dared to dream? Dared to innovate? Dared to be a leader?

The golden rule is strength respects strength. Power respects power. We gain nothing by being 2nd class white citizens as envisioned by JLN. We need to create own identity, own qualities, own respect, and pride.

It's only in India, where foreigners thinktanks are given free space and platform, to diss the native culture and history. Yet, there is no space for Indian thinktanks in such foreign countries. The freedom is never mutual, in so called liberal countries...

Edited by someone

14 hours ago, SujitPrakash said:

Genuine criticism is not to be confused with neo-colonial criticism. People go up in arms when they think their is hint of colonialism or foreign hand.

I do not know how much command you have on Hindi but listen to below two songs. It would be a lie if I say i have occasionally not got tears in my eyes while listening to them as problem still persists. Why, because criticism is genuine as It doesn’t say stop spending on security forces or research but it clearly says what is wrong

“jinhe naaz hai hind par vo kahaan hai”

https://youtu.be/3ta4BmumQKc

Ganga bahati ho kyun

Edited by mishra

On 11/23/2021 at 7:55 PM, Adi_91 said:

I don't know why so many Indians have a poor understanding of their own country. I have lived in India as a child growing up (> 20 years_. Also I have lived in 6 different states across East and the South in this time period, so I think I have some expertise to comment on this statement.

I have seen India grow tremendously in these years. Nothing of what you have said has been seen barring some level of corruption. There may be law and order issues in places, but to paint the entire country as a dark place is saddening.

I don't see this from Pakistanis and other countrymen from the SC here in the US. Somehow Indians seem to think about their own country as a horrible place to live. This may be true in some places, but to paint the entire country with a single brush is plain ignorance on display. Indians on an average have values that most of these western countries lack. Sure, they have the money, but money only takes you only that far.

I did not escape India because it was horrible to live. Sure, I wanted exposure and I genuinely wanted to learn other parts of the world on how cultures vary. But to make it look like as if Indians are just escaping India because it is horrible is going as far as away from truth as possible. On the contrary, I am worried about the prospect of my kids moving away from values living in the US where gun culture is common and there is a level of discrimination. Not quiet the egalitarian society that one may think living in India.

It's a combination of heavy Marxist education in the 60s and diverse cultures.

Russia and China are Marxist too but racially homogenous, so they have no demography to target.