Jump to content
SujitPrakash

Why do Indians get so offended by what people say about them or India?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, someone said:

 

The worst are those foreigners react to Indian food/movie etc Youtube videos. It's so popular with Indians,  yet you wouldn't get any westerners excited if vice versa? They wouldn't give a damn about our reaction.

 

How morally weak are we Indians.

 

 

 

This is very true, those react videos on YouTube where foreigners react to Bollywood, Tamil movies, Indian food, etc are disgusting.

 

But yet when foreigners give us positive criticism all the Indians will be crying and beating their chest and calling them anti national.

 

 

Edited by SujitPrakash
Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump Election in US got was not meddled by Russia and no one got offended. But its ok to portray Indian government in bad light and fund Indian opposition.

 

 Hinduism and its philosophy is institutionally bad and condemnable ( for example say women empowerment) when US still hasn’t got a female President, UK got its PM in 1990s but Myanmar or India allready got them (despite democrcies as new there)

 

Character assassination of Lord Ram is freedom of speech, when even Ravana looks like a Saint to followers of those doing character assassination.

 

Bottomline is, our philosophy is different, it has scope of continuous improvement and our evils are mostly down to poverty, we know it hence our offended feeling is  subconscious repel against neocolonialism which is exactly what happening here. Else why don’t we get lectures from Chinese, Russians or Japanese on how bad we are. Offcourse Congress Royal regime didn’t help the situation by failing spectacularly in governance infact in effort to save monarchy they effectively tried to condemn Hindus as terrorists.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SujitPrakash said:

 

This is very true, those react videos on YouTube where foreigners react to Bollywood, Tamil movies, Indian food, etc are disgusting.

 

But yet when foreigners give us positive criticism all the Indians will be crying and beating their chest and calling them anti national.

 

 

Because their opinion matters. They are still controlling word trade, bank, currency, Imf, UN Technology laws regulations Justice trade routes and so on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, mishra said:

Trump Election in US got was not meddled by Russia and no one got offended. But its ok to portray Indian government in bad light and fund Indian opposition.

 

 Hinduism and its philosophy is institutionally bad and condemnable ( for example say women empowerment) when US still hasn’t got a female President, UK got its PM in 1990s but Myanmar or India allready got them (despite democrcies as new there)

 

Character assassination of Lord Ram is freedom of speech, when even Ravana looks like a Saint to followers of those doing character assassination.

 

Bottomline is, our philosophy is different, it has scope of continuous improvement and our evils are mostly down to poverty, we know it hence our offended feeling is  subconscious repel against neocolonialism which is exactly what happening here. Else why don’t we get lectures from Chinese, Russians or Japanese on how bad we are. Offcourse Congress Royal regime didn’t help the situation by failing spectacularly in governance infact in effort to save monarchy they effectively tried to condemn Hindus as terrorists.

 

I agree with you, but I also disagree with you. We Indians needs to find a good balance and not get emotional when people say negative things about us.

 

Look we say we are proud of India, but yet to throw rubbish everywhere, if we are proud shouldn't we start with the basic's like cleanliness, how can we claim to respect mother India when we disrespect India every Nano second? 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SujitPrakash said:

 

I agree with you, but I also disagree with you. We Indians needs to find a good balance and not get emotional when people say negative things about us.

 

Look we say we are proud of India, but yet to throw rubbish everywhere, if we are proud shouldn't we start with the basic's like cleanliness, how can we claim to respect mother India when we disrespect India every Nano second? 

 

 

Brilliant, But flawed. You want Indians to use dustbin but there have to be infra and money fo support dustbin. A dustbin example needs dumping sites collection units, collection people , drivers and dustbin lorry. Its a work in progress cycle where education, habbit , wealth infra will have to be cultivated. Criticism is valid but ground realities needs to be considered. Take a Educated Indian out of India and put him in west and you will find he will switch his habbits just as westerners but will still clean his bum using water which is most hygienic way on potty pot. But has west despite all its advances and money got using water to clean their bum when they themselves know toilet roll doesn’t do the job. Even Japanese use watered loo.

 

So, who actually west or you is critcising when blaming about dustbin. indian or poverty of Indians?

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, mishra said:

Brilliant, But flawed. You want Indians to use dustbin but there have to be infra and money fo support dustbin. A dustbin example needs dumping sites collection units, collection people , drivers and dustbin lorry. Its a work in progress cycle where education, habbit , wealth infra will have to be cultivated. Criticism is valid but ground realities needs to be considered. Take a Educated Indian out of India and put him in west and you will find he will switch his habbits just as westerners but will still clean his bum using water which is most hygienic way on potty pot. But has west despite all its advances and money got using water to clean their bum when they themselves know toilet roll doesn’t do the job. Even Japanese use watered loo.

 

So, who actually west or you is critcising when blaming about dustbin. indian or poverty of Indians?

 

Not blaming, everyone is at fault, India, foreigners, everyone is a scumbag in their own way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SujitPrakash said:

 

Not blaming, everyone is at fault, India, foreigners, everyone is a scumbag in their own way.

 

If that is the conclusion here, then it applies to & ends every discussion.

 

 

Problem A, B, C, D etc

Analysis: alpha beta gamma delta etc

RCA: because of scumbags

Solution: dont be a scumbag

Edited by Clarke
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SujitPrakash said:

 

This is very true, those react videos on YouTube where foreigners react to Bollywood, Tamil movies, Indian food, etc are disgusting.

 

But yet when foreigners give us positive criticism all the Indians will be crying and beating their chest and calling them anti national.

 

 

 

Remember when the Mangalyaan MARS rover landed? It was a moment of pride, yet many Indians and foreigners choose to criticize it, on how a poor nation of India dared to dream? Dared to innovate? Dared to be a leader?

 

The golden rule is strength respects strength. Power respects power. We gain nothing by being 2nd class white citizens as envisioned by JLN. We need to create own identity, own qualities, own respect, and pride.

 

It's only in India, where foreigners thinktanks are given free space and platform, to diss the native culture and history. Yet, there is no space for Indian thinktanks in such foreign countries. The freedom is never mutual, in so called liberal countries...

 

Edited by someone
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, SujitPrakash said:

 

Not blaming, everyone is at fault, India, foreigners, everyone is a scumbag in their own way.

Genuine criticism is not to be confused with neo-colonial criticism. People go up in arms when they think their is hint of colonialism or foreign hand.

 

 I do not know how much command you have on Hindi but listen to below two songs. It would be a lie if I say i have occasionally not got tears in my eyes while listening to them as problem still persists. Why, because criticism is genuine as It doesn’t say stop spending on security forces or research but it clearly says what is wrong

“jinhe naaz hai hind par vo kahaan hai”

https://youtu.be/3ta4BmumQKc

 

Ganga bahati ho kyun

 

 

Edited by mishra
Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...