Two years since Virat Kohli's last international century [Update: 1000 days]

sage

3 hours ago, SRT100 said:

He wont against a top nation.

Simple as that. Every single person in here knows this except for you. Youre ignorant.

Im sure he will bash another minnow and it will be just as meaningless.

Yeah here comes the filters, next when he does well again you will bring another filter. 

I am quite sure that this century was way better in quality than some midget's 100th hundred where he lost his team a match against Bangladesh. 

22 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Yeah here comes the filters, next when he does well again you will bring another filter. 

I am quite sure that this century was way better in quality than some midget's 100th hundred where he lost his team a match against Bangladesh. 

Youre a clown. You seem to think that putting down Tendulkar upsets me lol.

I will take it a step further and say I dont respect Tendulkar's centuries against Banga as it was at a time when they were truly a minnow and pathetic.

That doesnt take away from the fact that Kohli is still the laughing stock of Indian cricket. There was never any filters, I have always said he wont score a against a top tier nation. He still hasnt. Fact.

On 9/9/2022 at 3:31 AM, Adamant said:

yes, that 100th 100 was a travesty. but his no. 99 was a fantastic knock. SRT should have retired on 99 hundreds after 2011 WC - truly going out on the highest on highs. we would have another "99" after bradman. now, my hope is that anderson retires after 999 (or 990) test wickets at the age of 53.

4 hours ago, Vijy said:

yes, that 100th 100 was a travesty. but his no. 99 was a fantastic knock. SRT should have retired on 99 hundreds after 2011 WC - truly going out on the highest on highs. we would have another "99" after bradman. now, my hope is that anderson retires after 999 (or 990) test wickets at the age of 53.

51 away from overall 1000 wickets.

25 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Anderson can have 1500 wickets, he still would not be in the list of greatest fast bowlers.

doesn't matter. he will still be no. 1 in terms of wkts taken. he is also eng's best fast bowler since bob willis retired, and he is arguably better than bob. why does he have to be no. 1 in the world? as long as he's able to win them tests at home (which he does) and bowls tightly overseas (which he also does), that is fine.

31 minutes ago, Vijy said:

doesn't matter. he will still be no. 1 in terms of wkts taken. he is also eng's best fast bowler since bob willis retired, and he is arguably better than bob. why does he have to be no. 1 in the world? as long as he's able to win them tests at home (which he does) and bowls tightly overseas (which he also does), that is fine.

It matters lot. Who cares who has most wickets. Sachin 100 100s does it make him best, I don't think so, he along with Anderson are products of longevity rather than greatness. 

Just now, putrevus said:

It matters lot. Who cares who has most wickets. Sachin 100 100s does it make him best, I don't think so, he along with Anderson are products of longevity rather than greatness. 

you don't need an all-time no. 1 in the team to be a great team. as you wrote, they are celebrated for their longevity, which is good enough if the other players also step up.

I rate SRT higher than Andie though. ultimately, however, root will break some/many of SRT's test records.

5 minutes ago, Vijy said:

you don't need an all-time no. 1 in the team to be a great team. as you wrote, they are celebrated for their longevity, which is good enough if the other players also step up.

I rate SRT higher than Andie though. ultimately, however, root will break some/many of SRT's test records.

Offcourse SRT is much greater than Andy. I don't think Root will break any of Sachin's records. Burnout will be major factor.

23 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Offcourse SRT is much greater than Andy. I don't think Root will break any of Sachin's records. Burnout will be major factor.

Don't think so. without captaincy, he is batting like a dream, despite some failures this series. he should be able to cross 200 tests and also score more test runs.

13 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Don't think so. without captaincy, he is batting like a dream, despite some failures this series. he should be able to cross 200 tests and also score more test runs.

Let us see how long that lasts. Root is a great batsman but other side of great form has started for him.What he was doing was not easy to sustain.

On 9/11/2022 at 9:24 PM, Vijy said:

Agree 100% with this, he got his retirement totally wrong. It should have been at the 2011 WC in Mumbai especially with India winning. I could have understood if we lost that WC and he continued on, but he got his plans all wrong.

He shamelessly chased that 100th century, failing to realize that 99 centuries would have been and is more respected.

12 hours ago, Frustrated said:

The King does not need to prove anything against minnow level team like Aus.   He has already smashed a match winning century against world champ Afghan in a tournament KO. All hail the King and his 'Aukaad' :finger:

You are actually right, as Kohli averages 65 vs aus at str rate of 145.