Jump to content
sage

Two years since Virat Kohli's last international century [Update: 1000 days]

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Winning ICC tournaments is not in one player's hands.  

I never meant that.  What I meant was that Kohli averages in single digit in the ICC KO matches in his entire career.  Much like Rohit.    I won't blame him if he scored in ko and our bowlers cost us the game.  But that's hardly the case.

Edited by Frustrated
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

I never meant that.  What I meant was that Kohli averages in single digit in the ICC KO matches in his entire career.  Much like Rohit.    I won't blame him if he scored in ko and our bowlers cost us the game.  But that's hardly the case.

How does he avg single digits in ICC knockouts. He carried this team to finals and semifinals in two successive T20 world cups.

Link to comment
24 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

I never meant that.  What I meant was that Kohli averages in single digit in the ICC KO matches in his entire career.  Much like Rohit.    I won't blame him if he scored in ko and our bowlers cost us the game.  But that's hardly the case.

Go check out his great knocks in t20 finals and semifinals. 

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, putrevus said:

How does he avg single digits in ICC knockouts. He carried this team to finals and semifinals in two successive T20 world cups.

I m talking about LOIs overall. Including ODIs.   Continuous chokes in WC2019 SF, CT 2017 Final,  WC2015 SF, WC 2011 SF and Final.   Even in t20, he failed yet again vs Nz in WT20 2021.  It was a virtual KO game.  This is a huge sample size over a span of almost 12 years of endless choking.    If this is NOT choking, then I don't know what is.    Having said that, one is free to make his/her own assessment.   "To each, his own".  

Edited by Frustrated
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

I m talking about LOIs overall. Including ODIs.   Continuous chokes in WC2019 SF, CT 2017 Final,  WC2015 SF, WC 2011 SF and Final.   Even in t20, he failed yet again vs Nz in WT20 2021.  It was a virtual KO game.  This is a huge sample size over a span of almost 12 years of endless choking.    If this is NOT choking, then I don't know what is.    Having said that, one is free to make his/her own assessment.   "To each, his own".  

He  carried Indian t20 team by himself to finals and won player of the tournament 2014 and next time in 2016 he carries the team to semifinal where he scores 90 plus and again wins player of the tournament. 

 

You are talking one lousy game against NZ in 2021. 

 

 

Show me one match in any knockout game where 330 plus scores were  chased. He score 95 not out in CT 2017 semifinals. Failing to chase 330 plus is not called choking.

 

2019 world cup semifinal is one where he truely failed.  Are you kidding me.

Edited by putrevus
Link to comment
57 minutes ago, putrevus said:

He  carried Indian t20 team by himself to finals and won player of the tournament 2014 and next time in 2016 he carries the team to semifinal where he scores 90 plus and again wins player of the tournament. 

 

You are talking one lousy game against NZ in 2021. 

 

 

Show me one match in any knockout game where 330 plus scores were  chased. He score 95 not out in CT 2017 semifinals. Failing to chase 330 plus is not called choking.

 

2019 world cup semifinal is one where he truely failed.  Are you kidding me.

95 in CT 2017 semifinals against the mighty toygers:cantstop:. Not sure whom are u kidding.  And u are conveniently ignoring something I hv already mentioned.   What about his string of failures in 50 overs WC of 2011 (SF and Final) and 2015 WC SF?    Even 2017 CT Final was held on one of the flattest pattas where ranked 8th team Poyz scored 330+.       2015 WC in Aus was held on pattas where 300+ scores were a norm throughout the tournament.   

Edited by Frustrated
Link to comment
21 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

95 in CT 2017 semifinals against the mighty toygers:cantstop:. Not sure whom are u kidding.  And u are conveniently ignoring something I hv already mentioned.   What about 50 overs WC of 2011 (SF and Final), 2015 WC SF?  Even 2017 CT Final was on one of the flattest pattas where ranked 8th team Pak scored 330+.    2015 WC in Aus was on pattas where 300+ scores were a norm throughout.  

Is it his fault if they were in semifinals. He was there to build that partnership with Gambhir in 2011 finals otherwise India was not winning that finals. He was highest scorer in 2013 CT finals. 

 

So stop your nonsense 330 plus runs are always score on pattas only but they don't get chased down in knockout matches,. It is not his fault that bowlers gave 70 odd to Johnson or giving noball to Pakistani batsmen and let him score  century.

 

Kohli became gunshy in last stages of his captaincy which was evident in 2019 semifinal where he failed himself as batsman,.He should have taken his team home. Other losses are all your pipe dreams. We will talk when someone chases 330 plus in a knockout match.

 

Did Sachin Choke in 2003 final chasing 350 plus or failed in 2011 finals. First you said he flops in all ICC tournaments then you moved to 2021 t20  .

Edited by putrevus
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Is it his fault if they were in semifinals. He was there to build that partnership with Gambhir in 2011 finals otherwise India was not winning that finals. He was highest scorer in 2013 CT finals. 

 

So stop your nonsense 330 plus runs are always score on pattas only but they don't get chased down in knockout matches,. It is not his fault that bowlers gave 70 odd to Johnson or giving noball to Pakistani batsmen and let him score  century.

 

Kohli became gunshy in last stages of his captaincy which was evident in 2019 semifinal where he failed himself as batsman,.He should have taken his team home. Other losses are all your pipe dreams. We will talk when someone chases 330 plus in a knockout match.

 

Did Sachin Choke in 2003 final chasing 350 plus or faled in 2011 finals.

Yeah.  Kohli is NOT a choker.  Was never one.  Will NEVER be.  :adore:

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...