Two years since Virat Kohli's last international century [Update: 1000 days]

sage

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

I don't think he will even have a glorious last innings. Most likely get out to some innocuous spinner on some innocuous ball and then make a face as though it was bowled by Murali/Warne on a raging turner.

Lol now he is struggling vs bouncer too. Now people will exploit this weakness as well. He used to be real good vs bouncer which is why he is rated highly in his prime. But he is losing reflex. Atleast come clean and say you are not your stated age. He has be 36 37 ish. This kind of dramatic drop from grace is never heard of amongst top players. Like literally aged over night after he turned 30. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Lol now he is struggling vs bouncer too. Now people will exploit this weakness as well. He used to be real good vs bouncer which is why he is rated highly in his prime. But he is losing reflex. Atleast come clean and say you are not your stated age. He has be 36 37 ish. This kind of dramatic drop from grace is never heard of amongst top players. Like literally aged over night after he turned 30. 

yes, he seems to be older than his age.

The pandemic took its toll on him in a different way. He was famous for pursuing stuff(runs/lady love etc;)with a passion. I feel he has diverted his passion towards his business interests, nothing wrong with that. Given that shelf lives of cricketers are numbered. However, that has impacted his drive and desire to push the boundaries or apply himself as hard on-field. We have seen flashes, but nothing compared to the doggedness that was on display not too long ago; which brought joy to so many.

I'd be glad if he would prove all the naysayers wrong.

image.png.382e8d49826f13e1b76c0a0af2001b20.png

Dilli se hu.......

On a realistic note; based on his recent performances, I feel skeptical.

Chuckte Raho

TC

Edited by Throwaib_Chuckter
4 hours ago, Vijy said:

yes, he seems to be older than his age.

In Australia this would almost impossible to pull off. Sure maybe a year or two but not in the advent of social media.

Surely there would be school class mates of his that would know definitively.

I agree he looks older.

5 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I am very curious how he would go in domestic. Especially i want him to play a match against Saurashtra against Porbandar born Legend.

In terms of a caste system in cricket in India, there is absolutely no way he would play domestic Ranji Trophy games. Its beneath him.

If he was told to do it, he would retire.

For him its akin to a master being a servant.

Do you know the last Ranji trophy game he played? In Australia all the cricketers play domestic.

On 3/8/2022 at 9:28 AM, Vk1 said:

what if he retires out of the frustration for lack of 100s.. that would be sad

BCCI will arrange a series against PNG or Oman to let Kohli get his 100... The only question is whether he will be able to get a 100 against them

8 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Joe root has simply shut the gap between him and (Kohli/Smith) in terms of 100s in the last 15 months or so. Remember he used to trail by 9/10 100s and now the gap is just 3.

he will shut it further. root-a-tooting his way to the top of the queue, barring smith.

7 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

Virat vs Root sounds very similar to hare vs tortoise... Virated hared away to so many centuries and root is slowly making his way there.

yes, he is chugging along at a steady pace. even when root was "out of form", he was still scoring lots of 50s.

12 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Joe root has simply shut the gap between him and (Kohli/Smith) in terms of 100s in the last 15 months or so. Remember he used to trail by 9/10 100s and now the gap is just 3.

Root is a predominantly backfoot player. Kohli is predominantly a frontfoot player. Frontfoot plonkers lose the form faster. Kohli never developed a backfoot game. He just loved standing outside the crease and killed the length. With reflexes waning that strategy is not as helpful as it was.