4. Kohli

5. Iyer

6. SKY

7. Jadeja

8. Ashwin

9. Axar

10. Umesh

11. Prasidh

*  Siraj in place of Umesh, if he is fit.

Had a think about this again and tried to find fault with it.

I couldnt.

Youve maintained the 5 batsmen, 5 bowlers + keeper but made our number 6 potentially a deadly position with his batting ability.

Bharat should play given Saha is likely out due to injury.

Bharat at FC level has 3 100s and and 23 50s, includes a 300+ the guy can bat at least in India. Average of 38. His T20 record suggests he can also score quickly, 4 scores of 40+ in his last 10 T20 innings all at a decent SR. Bharat addresses the need to score at reasonably strike rate and if he can survive the opening spell of pace he should do well against spin. Bharat at 3 also allows India to play SKY at 6. So we get two opportunities to improve the batting with his inclusion.

Gill, Mayank, Bharat, Kohli is far superior to Gill, Mayank, Pujara and Rahane.

Iyer, Sky and Jaddu far stronger as a batting unit than Jaddu, Saha and Ash.

Our tail is decent with Ash and Axar both capable of being a reasonable batting pair.

Spin trio is kept. Pace bowling improved with Prasidh instead of Ishant. (Im presuming a better fielder too, batting im not sure, but irrelevant for a number 11)

I think Kohli and TM will go with this team. Much prefer yours, but I know its not going to happen.

1. Gill

2. Mayank

3. Pujara

4. Kohli

5. Iyer

6. Bharat

7. Jadeja

8. Ashwin

9. Axar

10. Umesh

11. Prasidh

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Had a think about this again and tried to find fault with it.

I couldnt.

Youve maintained the 5 batsmen, 5 bowlers + keeper but made our number 6 potentially a deadly position with his batting ability.

Bharat should play given Saha is likely out due to injury.

Bharat at FC level has 3 100s and and 23 50s, includes a 300+ the guy can bat at least in India. Average of 38. His T20 record suggests he can also score quickly, 4 scores of 40+ in his last 10 T20 innings all at a decent SR. Bharat addresses the need to score at reasonably strike rate and if he can survive the opening spell of pace he should do well against spin. Bharat at 3 also allows India to play SKY at 6. So we get two opportunities to improve the batting with his inclusion.

Gill, Mayank, Bharat, Kohli is far superior to Gill, Mayank, Pujara and Rahane.

Iyer, Sky and Jaddu far stronger as a batting unit than Jaddu, Saha and Ash.

Our tail is decent with Ash and Axar both capable of being a reasonable batting pair.

Spin trio is kept. Pace bowling improved with Prasidh instead of Ishant. (Im presuming a better fielder too, batting im not sure, but irrelevant for a number 11)

I think Kohli and TM will go with this team. Much prefer yours, but I know its not going to happen.

1. Gill

2. Mayank

3. Pujara

4. Kohli

5. Iyer

6. Bharat

7. Jadeja

8. Ashwin

9. Axar

10. Umesh

11. Prasidh

they will not drop Rahane and Ishant unfortunately. expecting to see the same team, but with the excellent Iyer being dropped for Rat.

8 hours ago, asterix said:

Bloody hell. WTF?

If Kohli & DRAWid dare to drop Iyer (after this performance) I’ll pray that India loses badly the next test under Kohli captaincy. Let them be subjected to full criticism of the media and SM. 

I’ll be extremely disappointed if DRAWid… 

Dravid is a safety-first guy. Once upon a time, he may have been a bit bold when Greg Chappati was backing him up and SRT was a in form slop. However, since then, Dravod has been showing more and more signs of being a generic senior-level bootlicker. Expect to see Iyer dropped, Ishant and Rahane to continue playin

At this stage Cricbuzz suggesting

Mayank

Gill

Pujara

Kohli

Iyer

Jaddu

Bharat

Ashwin

Axar

Umesh

Siraj

@express bowling Your thoughts?

At least its an improvement of the 1st Test. Anything that improves the team is a positive.

Just not the positives we wanted.

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-videos/50215/what-should-indias-playing-xi-look-like-for-mumbai-test-simon-doull-answers

2 hours ago, SRT100 said:

At this stage Cricbuzz suggesting

Mayank

Gill

Pujara

Kohli

Iyer

Jaddu

Bharat

Ashwin

Axar

Umesh

Siraj

@express bowling Your thoughts?

At least its an improvement of the 1st Test. Anything that improves the team is a positive.

Just not the positives we wanted.

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-videos/50215/what-should-indias-playing-xi-look-like-for-mumbai-test-simon-doull-answers

This is a much better 11 than the one that played in Kanpur.

Doull is a straight forward guy and I like his analysis. 

31 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This is a much better 11 than the one that played in Kanpur.

Doull is a straight forward guy and I like his analysis. 

Its simplistic, logical and justifiable without causing too much concern or disarray in the team room.

Ishant OUT, struggled, no wickets, no brainer.

Saha OUT, injury, no brainer.

Rahane, OUT, failed to make runs, "lost" as captain, no brainer. (*lost because India should not be drawing 5 day test matches in India) He had all the chances in England, plus he had two chances on Indian soil on a docile pitch too.

Dont get me wrong, I actually prefer your team selections, its aggressive but will not be pursued. However, another failure my Pujara and Bharat plays a good knock would shake things up and him going to 3 would solve a lot of problems.

I like the team by @express bowling but its not gonna happen. 

When Kohli comes back he will make a few changes for the heck of it but there is zero chance that both Pujara and Rahane get dropped. There is only a small chance that one of them is dropped.

Mayank is the most likely to go with a make shift opener. They wont drop Iyer for optics even if they want to.

Gill

Bharat/Saha (Sacrifice them, who cares)

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Iyer

Jadeja

Ashwin

Axar

Umesh

Siraj if fit else Prasidh (Ishant is more disposable and has been dropped in the past).

SKY will not get a cap in place or Pujara/Rahane. The team does not have risk tolerance even though this is actually risk mitigation to drop one of Pujara/Rahane if not both. They may be not selected for next series but they will likely get a chance again which if they grab, they stay.  

On 11/29/2021 at 12:48 AM, sensible-indian said:

What is wrong with VVS?

Does he feel this needs to be done or its what will happen.

If Shreyas gets dropped, we fans must riot.

On 11/29/2021 at 12:14 AM, asterix said:

Bloody hell. WTF?

If Kohli & DRAWid dare to drop Iyer (after this performance) I’ll pray that India loses badly the next test under Kohli captaincy. Let them be subjected to full criticism of the media and SM. 

I’ll be extremely disappointed of DRAWid… 

On 11/28/2021 at 10:52 PM, Frustrated said:

Remember, this is the guy now in charge of NCA