1) Rahul Dravid Gives Rs 35,000 To Groundsmen For Preparing Sporting Pitch. 2) We should be mentally prepared for a few years of HUGE disappointments in Indian cricket

23 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

While I firmly believe that we should have full home advantage when teams tour India - I also want our bowlers - pace and spin - to strive hard for wickets. This will really help us when we tour other countries. India suck at sporting pitches - can't bat and can't pick wickets either. However, this change should happen at Ranji level first. Let the upcoming players experience this before they move to national team. 

make pattas :yay:

On 11/29/2021 at 12:47 PM, rangeelaraja said:

https://sports.ndtv.com/india-vs-new-zealand-2021/rahul-dravid-gives-rs-35000-to-groundsmen-for-preparing-sporting-pitch-2629356#pfrom=home-ndtv_lateststories

I hate to say - the win at all costs, white wash and smother visiting teams era has gone.  Dravid is not that type of mentality.  He will instill self belief and technique in the batsmen at best. Nothing more. Even as a player he lacked a ruthless - every game must be won mentality - that for example Anil Kumble has.

Dravid paying the groundsman for a pitch which helped Kiwis fast bowlers and did not spin a lot- while we played 3 spinners - What can one say about such a mentality ??

And then there was Shastri who took the Wankhede pitch curator Sudhir Naik to the cleaners for preparing a test pitch that allowed RSA to score 400+ runs.

Do these fake nice guy Kiwis prepare pitches that blunt their own bowling when we tour there ? 

I wish Dravid would leave already - we need a coach who has a ruthless win at all costs approach, who can take tough decisions as part of the TM.

We are stuck in a prolonged period of underperformance. 

Lack of merit and form based selection policies,  disgraceful attitude to big ICC events and resting for major series while ensuring that IPL participation is not compromised ...etc..

Lot of pain and heartburn ahead for Indian diehards..

I miss Shastri already.