Jump to content
rangeelaraja

1) Rahul Dravid Gives Rs 35,000 To Groundsmen For Preparing Sporting Pitch. 2) We should be mentally prepared for a few years of HUGE disappointments in Indian cricket

Recommended Posts

https://sports.ndtv.com/india-vs-new-zealand-2021/rahul-dravid-gives-rs-35000-to-groundsmen-for-preparing-sporting-pitch-2629356#pfrom=home-ndtv_lateststories

 

 

I hate to say - the win at all costs, white wash and smother visiting teams era has gone.  Dravid is not that type of mentality.  He will instill self belief and technique in the batsmen at best. Nothing more. Even as a player he lacked a ruthless - every game must be won mentality - that for example Anil Kumble has.

 

Dravid paying the groundsman for a pitch which helped Kiwis fast bowlers and did not spin a lot- while we played 3 spinners - What can one say about such a mentality ??

 

And then there was Shastri who took the Wankhede pitch curator Sudhir Naik to the cleaners for preparing a test pitch that allowed RSA to score 400+ runs.

 

Do these fake nice guy Kiwis prepare pitches that blunt their own bowling when we tour there ? 

 

I wish Dravid would leave already - we need a coach who has a ruthless win at all costs approach, who can take tough decisions as part of the TM.

 

We are stuck in a prolonged period of underperformance. 

 

 

Lack of merit and form based selection policies,  disgraceful attitude to big ICC events and resting for major series while ensuring that IPL participation is not compromised ...etc..

 

Lot of pain and heartburn ahead for Indian diehards..

 

 

 

Edited by rangeelaraja
Link to post
1 minute ago, Serpico said:

Lol you aren't tired with dust bowls yet?q

 

Seems you are tired of winning .

 

What matters is us winning and whitewashing teams at home. 

 

As it is with IPL, many leading cricketers are far more accustomed to flat Indian pitches, weather, crowds...etc.. Why make it easier for them ?

 

I hate the bloody NZ side, they are nice on the face but absolute thugs in terms of how they prepare pitches depending on what side is touring and doing whatever they can to have all the home advantage. 

 

We have been the best touring  test team over the last 10 years, so it is not as if preparing dustbowls at home is impacting our away test performance. 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

What matters is us winning and whitewashing teams at home. 

What matters is entertaining game of cricket where we win. We couldn't win today but came very close. Obviously we need to shed some dead weight, which will happen in coming months. Once the team is fully optimised, we'll whitewash teams on sporting pitches 

 

What good did dustbowls do, tell me? We couldn't shed the dead weight because there were ready excuses like pitches were bad, opposition couldn't score even 100 runs so 25 runs is not bad etc nonsense. We'll never build a proper team that way. 

 

Dustbowls are junk food, may provide instant gratification but will hurt us in long run. Lets build proper muscle by playing on pitches that can last 5 days

Link to post
2 minutes ago, badmash said:

Indian spinners took 18 wickets but @rangeelaraja will still find a way to justify his useless point :clap:

 

you think Jadeja will pick up wickets anywhere else? lol

 

You have no clue what you are talking about. On a typical turning Indian wicket every ball will be a threat. They had to work hard to get the wickets. 

Link to post

Indian spinners took 17 wickets bowling their heart and soul out.

 

They should have half assed it so people can see the pitch for what it truly was.

 

There is a difference between dead pitch and a good turner.

 

This is pathetic stuff from Dravid to be honest.

 

I am dazed.

Edited by sensible-indian
Link to post
39 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

https://sports.ndtv.com/india-vs-new-zealand-2021/rahul-dravid-gives-rs-35000-to-groundsmen-for-preparing-sporting-pitch-2629356#pfrom=home-ndtv_lateststories

 

 

I hate to say - the win at all costs, white wash and smother visiting teams era has gone.  Dravid is not that type of mentality.  He will instill self belief and technique in the batsmen at best. Nothing more. Even as a player he lacked a ruthless - every game must be won mentality - that for example Anil Kumble has.

 

Dravid paying the groundsman for a pitch which helped Kiwis fast bowlers and did not spin a lot- while we played 3 spinners - What can one say about such a mentality ??

 

And then there was Shastri who took the Wankhede pitch curator Sudhir Naik to the cleaners for preparing a test pitch that allowed RSA to score 400+ runs.

 

Do these fake nice guy Kiwis prepare pitches that blunt their own bowling when we tour there ? 

 

I wish Dravid would leave already - we need a coach who has a ruthless win at all costs approach, who can take tough decisions as part of the TM.

 

We are stuck in a prolonged period of underperformance. 

 

 

Lack of merit and form based selection policies,  disgraceful attitude to big ICC events and resting for major series while ensuring that IPL participation is not compromised ...etc..

 

Lot of pain and heartburn ahead for Indian diehards..

 

 

 

What did you expect, the pitch to be a minefield? This would put both teams at a even measure, pujara, rahane can't play spin and even in the past touring teams have beaten India on such tracks, this was a decent track, bad light, overate and being jolted at 55-5 meant iyer, Ashwin, Saha, jadeja and Patel had to rebuild, we should have declared earlier in hindsight but even on this track all from gill, agarwal, pujara and rahane batted like cowards.

 

 

Link to post
6 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Indian spinners took 17 wickets bowling their heart and soul out.

 

They should have half assed it so people can see the pitch for what it truly was.

 

There is a difference between dead pitch and a good turner.

 

This is pathetic stuff from Dravid to be honest.

 

I am dazed.

It was not a dead pitch, 39 wickets fell in the test, overate was the reason for the draw

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...