83 movie trailer

vayuu1

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Deepika's on screen time/ role in the movie could be minimal. This is a trailer. Deepika is a superstar. She is going to get the masses the cinema halls. She is going to get a disproportionate share of the trailer time.

Case in point: Sanju.

Sonam Kapoor and Anushka Sharma featured in that trailer in most of the scenes. But their roles were blink and miss.

true true. and she's a bigger star than Ranveer.

On 12/2/2021 at 8:11 AM, goose said:

a film about a cricket world cup and still we 'need' a heroine. ranveer starring opposite deepika for the millionth time is just so distastefully bollywood

Its a movie, not a documentary. 

I mean, this isn't expected to be a work of art, its like a Disney movie, meant for entertainment.  Besides, Did women and wives not exist in the 1980s?  

Odd criticism really, I don't quite understand it.  

1 hour ago, sandeep said:

I mean, this isn't expected to be a work of art, its like a Disney movie, meant for entertainment.  Besides, Did women and wives not exist in the 1980s?  

i agree. sometimes i say things. if you want art watch netflix. that said this is a film about a pivotal moment in our sporting history and so i think it deserves more than old bollywood cliches. i want the very best casting and talent if i am going to watch the dramatisation of moment of national pride. right now we have ranveer with big teeth starring opposite his real world wife who is also the producer. i hope they deliver.

Edited by goose

On 12/6/2021 at 6:48 AM, sandeep said:

Exactly, this is a movie, for entertainment , base upon a true story, not a documentary , a little bit of masala is good. Can;t wait to see this . 1983 WC got to be the biggest cricketing event in the history. A young 23 YO leader inspired his team all the way, against all odds and brought home the trophy to a billion people. And with that, changed the Indian cricket for ever.

The thing which stands out is all the Indian players from 1 to 11 could bat. Just see the scorecards for the virtual qf against aus and the final. Hell India were 153/8 in finals and they scored 30 gold dust runs against garner holding marshall roberts.. Unbelievable.. no idea why Kirti Azad was preferred above ravi shastri though in finals.. also crazy thing there were no replacement players allowed.. vengsarkars face was smashed against windies in one match and he couldn’t play afterwards.. but he was not replaced.. 

21 hours ago, neel roy said:

The thing which stands out is all the Indian players from 1 to 11 could bat. Just see the scorecards for the virtual qf against aus and the final. Hell India were 153/8 in finals and they scored 30 gold dust runs against garner holding marshall roberts.. Unbelievable.. no idea why Kirti Azad was preferred above ravi shastri though in finals.. also crazy thing there were no replacement players allowed.. vengsarkars face was smashed against windies in one match and he couldn’t play afterwards.. but he was not replaced.. 

the '83 team had lots of bits-and-pieces players, which was more common those days. hence, lots of batting and bowling options.

Watched it last night , my debut Indian movie in cinema . Being a big Kapil admirer,  couldn't have missed it .

Enjoyed it tremendously, 

They could not find a man handsome enough to play Imran Khan's one shot role , that's my only critic .

The actors  copied the bowling actions was great , the best one was Marshall's 

Its one of the greatest and most inspiring fairy tale story about cricket , how a minnow ( in ODI, not tests ) team went on to become the world beater. 

It was not a fluke, Indians beat the might West Indians three rime is a short period of time . Twice in world cup and once in West Indies two month prior to WC.

But , what the wounded West Indians did to Indians in their trip to India after the WC , is another story to talk about. There was a "Marshall Law at Kanpur " during that series. 

8 hours ago, First class said:

The actors  copied the bowling actions was great , the best one was Marshall's 

But , what the wounded West Indians did to Indians in their trip to India after the WC , is another story to talk about. There was a "Marshall Law at Kanpur " during that series. 

I heard that the role of Malcolm Marshall was played by his son in the movie 

And seems that Marshall ordered a BMW thinking that the 83 world cup was a cake walk and what a disappointment it turned out to be 

1 hour ago, diga said:

I heard that the role of Malcolm Marshall was played by his son in the movie 

And seems that Marshall ordered a BMW thinking that the 83 world cup was a cake walk and what a disappointment it turned out to be 

that's prob why he was so mad when WI played Ind (in Ind) for a 6 test series.

I don't like movies made out of sporting events. They are too dramatic, cinematic and don't give us a real feel or emotions. On top of that it's a Ranveer Singh movie who I couldn't stand. So I will gladly skip it. Bollywood movies are trash anyway with a few exceptions.

Edited by Pollack