1 century in last 82 innings for Kohli, Rahane and Pujara combined

New guy

2 hours ago, SRT100 said:

That was on Dec 26.

There has been another 10 innings played by all three of them now.

We are up to 99 Test innings played by Pujara, Kohli and Rahane for just one century.

Its really surprising that India has won a lot of tests in this period.

@Vijy@express bowling

This is 3d chess by the big 3 to make the opposition believe that the pitch is unplayable. And it has worked splendidly. Once in a while, the opponent calls our bluff, like in the test we just lost. 

sometimes I wonder why I'm still following Indian cricket. Players have changed, there are better facilities, fitness has improved but the mentality remains. From times before, the senior card has been played, is still been played and perhaps will be played in the future also. Very frustrating. I can understand why you have this username @Frustrated :laugh:

25 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

sometimes I wonder why I'm still following Indian cricket. Players have changed, there are better facilities, fitness has improved but the mentality remains. From times before, the senior card has been played, is still been played and perhaps will be played in the future also. Very frustrating. I can understand why you have this username @Frustrated :laugh:

Have faith, the King will be dead soon.

10 hours ago, SRT100 said:

That was on Dec 26.

There has been another 10 innings played by all three of them now.

We are up to 99 Test innings played by Pujara, Kohli and Rahane for just one century.

Its really surprising that India has won a lot of tests in this period.

@Vijy@express bowling

Openers have turned up in really unexpected manner.

Gill scoring runs in Aus. Rohit in England (who would have thought?) and now KL Rahul.

In addition to that our lower order which was getting lot of flak is showing lot of fight. Addition of valuable AR - Jadeja (MCG), Ashwin (Sydney), Shardul (Gabba, Oval), Sundar (Gabba) along with Pant who is playing crucial knocks.

Middle order is weak, but overall batting is just slightly below other line ups. This is why this team is unlikely to compete on flat pitches (450-500) on regular basis. If it comes to bowling friendly conditions, these ARs are game changers with their 50s.

No wonder this team got exposed in last match. 

31 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Gill scoring runs in Aus. Rohit in England (who would have thought?) and now KL Rahul.

In addition to that our lower order which was getting lot of flak is showing lot of fight. Addition of valuable AR - Jadeja (MCG), Ashwin (Sydney), Shardul (Gabba, Oval), Sundar (Gabba) along with Pant who is playing crucial knocks.

Middle order is weak, but overall batting is just slightly below other line ups. This is why this team is unlikely to compete on flat pitches (450-500) on regular basis. If it comes to bowling friendly conditions, these ARs are game changers with their 50s.

Last match 240 total for fourth inning chase was more than enough. Bowlers did not do their job.Pujara played much more vital role in Sydney draw by scoring vital 50s in both innings and standing like rock around which others built their innings. He played equally important role in Gabba.

They will compete just fine on flat pitches.

29 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Last match 240 total for fourth inning chase was more than enough. Bowlers did not do their job.Pujara played much more vital role in Sydney draw by scoring vital 50s in both innings and standing like rock around which others built their innings. He played equally important role in Gabba.

They will compete just fine on flat pitches.

240 was not enough. Fact that Gujara and Khanae played with ridiculous ease until KG produced a fiery spell of 5 or 6 overs should tell you how easy it was to bat there..  Heavy roller effect cannot be counted out. SA had opportunity to use heavy roller twice. Once after our innings. It held the pitch for 30 to 40 overs. Then next morning as well.  After rain even spin option became non-existent. India's biggest mistake was not to bat till the end of the day. They folded very quickly.

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

Rohit worked tremendously hard on his backlift and defense. I was not surprised in his eng achievement. This was a long time coming and he had really underachieved in tests compared to his enoromus potential.  

12 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

Here are the numbers in last 10 years. Link

131 centuries in winning causes, 87 in lost, 93 in drawn.

So, roughly 41.8%.

Thanks for the great stats on here as it provided a lot of discussion.

Here is another if you could find which would be interesting.

Scoring a century in SENA, what is the win/loss for that team?

FYI or rather for others, I know a century is not a magical number, but I am using it as a guide. A 100 scored, most likely means there has been several partnerships that have contributed to a above par team innings total.

Im sure a 90+ innings means the same, but I am using 100 as a baseline.

9 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Thanks for the great stats on here as it provided a lot of discussion.

Here is another if you could find which would be interesting.

Scoring a century in SENA, what is the win/loss for that team?

Here are the numbers, 212 wins,67 losses and 100 draws.

And here are the Sources12

Edited by Chakdephatte
7 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Here are the numbers, 66 wins, 83 draws/losses.

And here are the Sources1

Hey @zen, how is that Statsguru gives 52 centuries in draws and 52 in losses separately but only 83 when the filter is either draws or losses.

This can be case with win/loss. If a team wins, the other will lose, but there's nothing common between a draw and lose, both teams draw.

Edited by Chakdephatte
55 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

Hey @zen, how is that Statsguru gives 52 centuries in draws and 52 in losses separately but only 83 when the filter is either draws or losses.

This can be case with win/loss. If a team wins, the other will lose, but there's nothing common between a draw and lose, both teams draw.

From what I understand you are asking that why you are getting different #s for the total  a) when you do losses or draws separately, b) when you do losses and draws together 

You can select any combination among the 4 options: won, lost, tied, and drawn. The numbers should add up. Try to click on the 100s column so that data is sorted based on the number of 100s, making it easier to calculate.

For India (using your parameters)

Lost + Draw = 22

Draw = 11

Loss = 11

So the #s add up in the above example. 

Edited by zen
25 minutes ago, zen said:

From what I understand you are asking that you are getting different #s for a) when you do losses or draws only, b) when you do losses and draws together 

You can select any combination among the 4 options: won, lost, tied, and drawn. The numbers should add up. Try to click on the 100s column so that data is sorted based on the number of 100s, making it easier to calculate.

For India (using your parameters)

Lost + Draw = 22

Draw = 11

Loss = 11

So the #s add up in the above example. 

See

Wins or draws=84

Drawn only =53

Lost only =53

Ideally it should be 53+53=106.

On 1/10/2022 at 2:50 PM, Real McCoy said:

I came up with this user id to show my frustration at Hahane.   And he continues to aggravate my frustration.   I might come up with a better user id when he retires.