Jump to content
New guy

1 century in last 82 innings for Kohli, Rahane and Pujara combined

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, ThirtyD. said:

If our coaches were selected on merit basis then none of them with a straight face would have been defending this middle order.

Agree

 

Im glad its been discussed in the media and on here, I think its hopefully going to lead to the end of one of Pujara or Rahane and rightfully so too this series.

 

While I knew how bad they are, I never knew it was this bad, as in 82 innings for just one century. This is all on Kohli too, he had the opportunities to give opportunities to play and he didnt.

 

BCCI are at fault too for picking them in the squads.

Link to post
2 hours ago, SRT100 said:

 

.I think its strategic. While they continue to fail, the attention will be on them and not on Kohli's failures as a batsman.

 

 

Hit the nail on the head.

 

The BCCI is making its captains too powerful for their own good and for the good of the team. 

 

Happened with Dhoni 2.0 ( post 2013 or thereabouts ) 

 

Happening with Kohli now.

Edited by express bowling
Link to post
7 hours ago, putrevus said:

It not unusual for any batsman to have lull in middle of their careers.It is unfortunate that all three have been having the lull at the same time.Rahane never could be classified as great batsman.He somehow had great start to his overseas tests.

 

Even great Sachin scored 1 hundred and 4 50s in two years and 14 tests in 2005 and 2006.

 

Rahane is done and should be shown exit.Pujara normally is very good at home.I would continue pujara for another series and take a call.

Great sachin had a near career ending elbow and back injury at that time. Despite that, as you said, it was just 14 tests. Meanwhile kohli has 0 100s and just 4 50s in last 12+matches without any such issues 

 

During that time every single news annd media were awash with criticizing sachin, all past players, commentors criticized him heavily, the term endulkar was heavily pipularized and was used in major news media

 

Can you imagine today anyone even criticize kohli normally, let alone use a term like endulkar? Thats the point people are making, even someone like Sachin had such pressure to perform. Today players have no pressure from anyone, IPL millions to fall back onto, and scared ex players and commentators and media who all are afraid of losing the BCCI and IPL jackpot or being banned by BCCI

Edited by New guy
Link to post
55 minutes ago, express bowling said:

 

 

Hit the nail on the head.

 

The BCCI is making its captains too powerful for their own good and for the good of the team. 

 

Happened with Dhoni 2.0 ( post 2014 or thereabouts ) 

 

Happening with Kohli now.

 

You see this play out in the workplace.

Cricket is really like any other workplace.

 

If your form/performance is under scrutiny people will notice, but if you others around you failing its easier to camouflage. Kohli has been able to do this well, as India has won many useless bi lateral series and test series but failing when it matters the most.

 

Ideally what is best for Indian cricket is for Pujara to fail again and India to win the series/match. Pujara will then finally be dropped.

 

Once dropped these players are too old to regain form and fight for a place back in the team.

Link to post
8 hours ago, putrevus said:

It not unusual for any batsman to have lull in middle of their careers.It is unfortunate that all three have been having the lull at the same time.Rahane never could be classified as great batsman.He somehow had great start to his overseas tests.

 

Even great Sachin scored 1 hundred and 4 50s in two years and 14 tests in 2005 and 2006.

 

Rahane is done and should be shown exit.Pujara normally is very good at home.I would continue pujara for another series and take a call.

Pujara last scored a ton at home in 2017! Correct me if I'm wrong.

Link to post
4 hours ago, New guy said:

Great sachin had a near career ending elbow and back injury at that time. Despite that, as you said, it was just 14 tests. Meanwhile kohli has 0 100s and just 4 50s in last 12+matches without any such issues 

 

During that time every single news annd media were awash with criticizing sachin, all past players, commentors criticized him heavily, the term endulkar was heavily pipularized and was used in major news media

 

Can you imagine today anyone even criticize kohli normally, let alone use a term like endulkar? Thats the point people are making, even someone like Sachin had such pressure to perform. Today players have no pressure from anyone, IPL millions to fall back onto, and scared ex players and commentators and media who all are afraid of losing the BCCI and IPL jackpot or being banned by BCCI

Endohli.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...