1 century in last 82 innings for Kohli, Rahane and Pujara combined

New guy

7 hours ago, sandeep said:

Even Gill has shown that he's a work in progress in test cricket.  

All these excitable folks getting carried away with Mayank and Shreyas will be the first ones with knives out after a couple of failures.  

Not to say that the extended lean returns of our middle order are justifiable, but its not as clear as its made out to be.  

While it is true that Gill and Shaw look like works-in-progress and Mayank and Iyer have major technical deficiencies (  I don't expect Mayank to do well overseas ) ....  it is important that there is accountability in Team India.

If someone is not performing for a longish time,  some action has to be taken against him.

Without that,  what will be the extra incentive to play out of their skins.

I think Pant and Washington have looked really good among the younger lot. And Iyer has displayed great temperament which is a big plus. 

The process of rewarding actual performances and taking action again non-performers, has to be built in the system, irrespective of whether the new guys look like long term prospects or not.

Edited by express bowling
12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

While it is true that Gill and Shaw look like works-in-progress and Mayank and Iyer have major technical deficiencies (  I don't expect Mayank to do well overseas ) ....  it is important that there is accountability in Team India.

If someone is not performing for a longish time,  some action has to be taken against him.

Without that,  what will be the extra incentive to play out of their skins.

I think Pant and Washington have looked really good among the younger lot. And Iyer has displayed great temperament which is a big plus. 

The process of rewarding actual performances and taking action again non-performers, has to be built in the system, irrespective of whether the new guys look like long term prospects or not.

The noise Im hearing on the internet is that Dravid will likely start with Pujara, Rahane and Ishant in the side.

Its sad when you consider that India's best lineup may not ever play a single test together.

For me this is the best side I think India could field in the SA series.

Correct me if I am wrong, but every player in the top 6 bar Gill (92 in the GABBA) has scored a meaningful hundred recently.

Hitman

KL

Mayank

Gill

Iyer

Pant

Thakur

Ash

Saini

Bumrah

Siraj

This is the incompetent side that the incompetent Kohli will select.

Hitman

KL

Pujara

Kohli

Rahane

Pant

Jaddu

Thakur

Ishant

Bumrah

Siraj

36 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

For me this is the best side I think India could field in the SA series.

Hitman

KL

Mayank

Gill

Iyer

Pant

Thakur

Ash

Saini

Bumrah

Siraj

It's my preferred 11 too except Mayank.

I will choose Kohli in place of Mayank as he looks very susceptible to bounce while that is the only area where Kohli is still decent. 

P.S -- Kohli does not deserve to play in any place other than Australia and SA based on current ability.

7 hours ago, express bowling said:

It's my preferred 11 too except Mayank.

I will choose Kohli in place of Mayank as he looks very susceptible to bounce while that is the only area where Kohli is still decent. 

P.S -- Kohli does not deserve to play in any place other than Australia and SA based on current ability.

I dont think he Is all that great vs bounce anymore either tbj

Virat Kohli Has to Go to The Basics and Do Soul-Searching: Anshuman Gaekwad:

He doesn’t know where his off stump is. When you play of the front foot, the shot has to be towards cover, mid-off and mid-on, not towards point.Excellent points made by Anshuman.

https://www.news18.com/cricketnext/news/virat-kohli-has-to-go-to-the-basics-and-do-soul-searching-aunshuman-gaekwad-4529540.html

22 hours ago, New guy said:

According to your posts on the sachin vs kohli thread, these stats are signs of a washed out player who is not even a shell of themselves and overstaying their welcome. 

If he is not performing, he should not be in the team ( he has stunk for last two years).  I would give him one last series in SA and if he flops, he needs to go.

No player is bigger than the team.

Edited by putrevus
15 hours ago, Vijy said:

Bwahane seems to be threatening it for now, but he'll get out early tomorrow.

Flatter to deceive, the Rahane trademark!  Even if this streak is broken, there's still the Kohli zero centuries streak, which is going strong and seems to be under no threat at all.

Edited by nevada
2 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

And this guy was compared to the one above all, guess the wrongn brand's unbelievably cult like :whack3:

Whoever looked likely to break Sachin's records has had a drastic fall off in form leading to a tame end to their career. First it was Ponting. Then it was Cook. Now Kohli is going through the worst phase of his batting career. It will be interesting to see if Root suffers a simar fate if he comes close!

Sachin himself played a handful of tests in his peak 1994/95-2002/03 & then didn't play minnows in ODI's post 2007 till 2011 WC - had he played more against minnows he'd have easily scored 110+ hundreds! Yes I know he played against Bangers but we had to have the Asian bloc on our side at the time, so maybe participation was mandatory.

30 minutes ago, nevada said:

Whoever looked likely to break Sachin's records has had a drastic fall off in form leading to a tame end to their career. First it was Ponting. Then it was Cook. Now Kohli is going through the worst phase of his batting career. It will be interesting to see if Root suffers a simar fate if he comes close!

Sachin the black magic expert :omg::fear1:

On 12/11/2021 at 6:48 AM, sage said:

at least he can take body blows like a soldier to make up for poor technique 

KDWX2Cj.png

A good batsmen with good reflexes will avoid most of deliveries rather than getting hit . Only when ball does something unusual he is supposed to be get caught and gets hit or when he goes for attacking shot but missed and gets hit . 

Pujara is getting hit not by missing pull/hook shots but simply .

If someone gets hit so may times by different bowlers it shows something else . Clearly reflexes have gone down .

Sachin didn't even bother to Tour WI after 2002, that was the last time he went to WI when it was still a semi decent side and India actually lost that series after going 1-0 up. 

Didn't bother going to WI in 2006 and 2011, could have easily got some easy runs there. Dravid and Laxman played both series.

Also didn't visit Zimbabwe after  2001, skipped the Test series in Zimbabwe 2005 . 

He had nothing to prove against these small sides so passed the opportunity for management to try some youngsters. Could have got another 7-8 easy tons had he not skipped these Test series and few other Odi series. 

Edited by rageaddict
4 hours ago, rageaddict said:

Sachin didn't even bother to Tour WI after 2002, that was the last time he went to WI when it was still a semi decent side and India actually lost that series after going 1-0 up. 

Didn't bother going to WI in 2006 and 2011, could have easily got some easy runs there. Dravid and Laxman played both series.

Also didn't visit Zimbabwe after  2001, skipped the Test series in Zimbabwe 2005 . 

He had nothing to prove against these small sides so passed the opportunity for management to try some youngsters. Could have got another 7-8 easy tons had he not skipped these Test series and few other Odi series. 

Please check out Dravid's innings on the WI  tour and also the pitches there. 

Meanwhile do check how Sachin did there when Ambrose and Walsh were playing. 

No need to put down other legends to elevate Sachin's status.