Everything is free in Punjab...

poyzzplaidwell

I think the creation of Chandigrah has been a big issue for Punjab. Its the capital which is shared with Haryana. Most service industries are there.

the two pillars of  Punjabi economy in till the 80s were (a) Army (b) Agriculture. Post 1983 the army recruits from diverse states and agriculture is simply not going to get you money post liberalisation.

The current Punjabi economy is supported by remittances from the diaspora (international and within India from places like Delhi) which account for $2-$3 billion worth of income a year to help keep things chugging along.

You cant simply plant services. Punjab needs to invest heavily in university education. It will take a 5-6 year cycle.

3 hours ago, poyzzplaidwell said:

I agree some of the blame must go to Punjabis.. But if you flood the streets with these drugs and state turns blind eye to it will happen anywhere in the world tbh.

Talking about drinks and guns has been always there since 1980s... Listen to Apna Punjab hove, Ghar di Sharrab hove from Gurdas maan and Babuu manns songs.

It is the supply of drugs which has increased manifold since 2000s, especially from Afghanistan to Pakistan to Punjab border.

Also,  not much job opportunities in services sector as Punjab was treated as agrarian economy. A balanced view should have been taken. 

I would love to live and work in Punjab and in my hometown, but alas not much growth. 

Come on there is no superiority complex in Punjabis.. Only thing I can say is we consider our food to be the best(which is debatable). 

I grew up and in my interactions most of the people living in Punjab want simple life mostly. 

There is gun culture pretty much in every state, drugs are flooded in and out from most border states, authorities are to be blamed too but no one forces youth to take drugs, they very well know what they are doing. 

I have a theory. This might be right or wrong:

All the enterprising, hard working and intelligent Punjabi's/Sikhs have migrated away to foreign lands. What's left are low quality human resources with zero work ethic.

Edited by kepler37b

2 hours ago, Mohan Swamy said:

Abbu to badalte thhe hee, like Umreeka se Saudi se Turks se Cheen.

Lekin ab toh bhaijaan Allah bhi badal liye. :hysterical:

Aakhir kahaan se laate ho itni beghairti?

Allah & Jesus are like Shiv & Vishnu :giphy:

6 hours ago, kepler37b said:

I have a theory. This might be right or wrong:

All the enterprising, hard working and intelligent Punjabi's/Sikhs have migrated away to foreign lands. What's left are low quality human resources with zero work ethic.

I have another theory. This might be right or wrong:

All the rich people especially Jatts including duffers, jaahils have migrated away to foreign lands. What's left are people who came out of poverty two-three decades ago. These people made great strides in late 1990s and early 2000s to lift themselves out of poverty, unfortunately next gen did't value this struggle and fell prey to materialism and show off culture. But it's a world phenomenon not restricted to Punjab. Worrying part is now even affluential Punjabi Hindus have started mass migrating to foreign lands. So you are left with 60-70% of backward class Hindus and Sikhs. These people do not have land or business like Jatts and Sharmas. 

I think people are painting too grim a picture.

Despite all the issues Punjab has been growing in real terms by around 5% per year (pre covid).  Its not stellar but its abysmal either... 

Punjab simply failed to diversify from being an agrarian economy. 

2 hours ago, FischerTal said:

Yeah that is why most of educated people of my age and future generations have to move far away from home to cities like Ahmedabad Bsngalore etc to make a career. Nothing wrong in exploring those but everyone wants to live closer to family if possible.

Not much scope in Punjab and you have to move away far from home to make a decent career.

The guy is asked to stay on the ground until CM Channi walk with 10 cameras on him and helps him up. Unreal. All libtards are calling Channi to take on Modi in 2024!! Lol

Rofl..punjabis are impressed by this overt display ..be it it wealth ,kindness or show.

That's why kejretard will win this time and their bast singer is dosanjh

On 12/8/2021 at 5:27 PM, Mesky99 said:

There is gun culture pretty much in every state, drugs are flooded in and out from most border states, authorities are to be blamed too but no one forces youth to take drugs, they very well know what they are doing. 

If there is no law and order in Bangalore and Karantaka and streets are flooded with cheap drugs for sale, I can guarantee you that the IT city will go up for toss.

Understand how the drugs are pushed through border with a purpose, and corrupt elements do not care and are pushing it to the youth. Yes people are to be blamed but so is law agencies.

12 hours ago, poyzzplaidwell said:

If there is no law and order in Bangalore and Karantaka and streets are flooded with cheap drugs for sale, I can guarantee you that the IT city will go up for toss.

Understand how the drugs are pushed through border with a purpose, and corrupt elements do not care and are pushing it to the youth. Yes people are to be blamed but so is law agencies.

The inspector/constable on the street is also coming from the state unlike the IPS officers. As they say, people often get the govt they deserve or the govt represents the values of the people. 

2 hours ago, Clarke said:

The inspector/constable on the street is also coming from the state unlike the IPS officers. As they say, people often get the govt they deserve or the govt represents the values of the people. 

Location and real estate also plays a part. Southern states enjoy more stability and security, and hence more prosperity as well due to not being next our haraami padosis.

22 minutes ago, poyzzplaidwell said:

Location and real estate also plays a part. Southern states enjoy more stability and security, and hence more prosperity as well due to not being next our haraami padosis.

Cannot disagree with geographic advantages and prosperity in general, but I don't think Pak in itself led to problems such as drug addiction, its a bigger player in terrorism etc which are harder to tackle and few hundred bad apples create havoc unlike drug consumption which requires moral degradation at individual level in lakhs of people. 

Edited by Clarke