Everything is free in Punjab...

poyzzplaidwell

On 12/8/2021 at 2:18 PM, G_B_ said:

I think people are painting too grim a picture.

Despite all the issues Punjab has been growing in real terms by around 5% per year (pre covid).  Its not stellar but its abysmal either... 

Punjab simply failed to diversify from being an agrarian economy. 

This^^^^^^

We are looking at classic case of a failed state. Pretty amazing how this state went from being richest to now in doldrums. They occupy the same strata and space as Pakistanis abroad. It’s only fitting I suppose. Two failed states being neighbours. 

The moronic arguments we saw again farm laws shows that the state is done for good. Beyond survival and saving. 

9 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

We are looking at classic case of a failed state. Pretty amazing how this state went from being richest to now in doldrums. They occupy the same strata and space as Pakistanis abroad. It’s only fitting I suppose. Two failed states being neighbours. 

The moronic arguments we saw again farm laws shows that the state is done for good. Beyond survival and saving. 

The moronic arguement is being put forward by you. Punjab has issues but that has more to do with role the government decided for them. It is time to put more money for industry here. Punjab would be fine in the long run.  At least the Akalis and BJP nexus is out.

11 hours ago, Khota said:

The moronic arguement is being put forward by you. Punjab has issues but that has more to do with role the government decided for them. It is time to put more money for industry here. Punjab would be fine in the long run.  At least the Akalis and BJP nexus is out.

I think lot of  the industrious and smart Sikhs have migrated to other parts of India and abroad.  What do you think? Will it not impact the development of the state?

6 hours ago, Pollack said:

I never paid any attention to Farm Laws. Can someone explain what were those laws and why Punjab farmers opposed it.

Don't be the dhritarashtra of ICF, there's a YUGE thread on that. Pro-laws group said its reform and assists farmers by getting them higher price in market, anti-laws group said it plans for corporate takeover of farms and will destroy MSP, the latter group also demanded guaranteed MSP for 20+ crops besides rollback of laws. Then there was Khalistan and Mudi is chor and genocide and what not.