Gujarat “Titans” and Lucknow “Super Giants” IPL updates

zen

Which team would you support?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/2022 at 03:59 AM

If Lucknow is paying KL “more”, it may have to go for an uncapped player as its 3rd pick. In this case:

KL 15-18 cr

Warner or Rabada or … (1 overseas) 11 cr 

Bishnoi or equivalent (uncapped) 4 cr … 7 cr for a capped player (Chahal, etc) 

33 cr budget 

:hmmm:

Edited by zen

46 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

SP - Smugller Pandya  - is he also going to join Amhedabad?  They are like Buy one get one free offer!

Krunal is a good T20 player. Especially good at bowling with the wet ball as dew could be an issue at A’bad and a useful lower middle order batsman  … Also a local state boy!

Edited by zen

A’bad has hit a marketing jackpot: 

SDP - has a  huge fan following esp. among youngsters + the local boy so icing on the cake 

Rashid - again has a huge fan following 

Gill - has a strong fan base as well since his performances in the U19. His SR can be an issue but A’bad is a big ground so maybe his style will work 

All the 3 players are from IPL winning teams with SDP as a 4 times champion 

Also those picked for coaching and in draft, A’bad is the 2nd franchise for all of them 

Kirsten, Nehra, and Solanki have only worked with RCB before

SDP has only played for MI before 

Rashid has only played for SRH before 

Gill has only played for KKR before 

It could be as if fate brought all of them together :hmmm: 

Edited by zen

1 hour ago, urbestfriend said:

Whats worse is Poonjab releasing Bishnoi...I dont understand how Kumble can be so dumb..They could've retained him..

Yeah, every team needs a good spinner ... If you had an upcoming talent like Bishnoi, why not retain him (and PK could have got him for 4 cr) 

I am conflicted on making Pandya captain. Here is a guy who has been struggling with injuries and proving his utility, I have no problem if he is made captain if he returns to 2017-2018 level of gun loi player but I think he will be carrying too much baggage. No hate, good luck to him.

1 minute ago, ThirtyD. said:

1000s of crores spent on the team, yet they come up with this crap? Where is the ingenuity? Any guesses what their primary kit color would be? (going by the past; hint: purple :laugh:)

Also, whoever recommended this group to have KL lead this team must be laughing his/her way to the bank.

it helps if these franchises actually spend money on the cricket rather than this tamasha or even overpaying cricketers. I am sure guys like Rahul and Pandya will take offers for 1-2 crores as well.

3 minutes ago, ThirtyD. said:

Also, whoever recommended this group to have KL lead this team must be laughing his/her way to the bank.

Reports suggest that KL is actually going to be paid 20 cr ... 17 cr paycheck + 3 cr channeled through "advertising"