South Africa announce test squad for India series

Lone Wolf

12 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Squad:Dean Elgar (captain), Temba Bavuma (vice-captain), Quinton de Kock (wicketkeeper), Kagiso Rabada, Sarel Erwee, Beuran Hendricks, George Linde, Keshav Maharaj, Lungi Ngidi, Aiden Markram, Wiaan Mulder, Anrich Nortje, Keegan Petersen, Rassie van der Dussen, Kyle Verreynne, Marco Jansen, Glenton Stuurman, Prenelan Subrayen, Sisanda Magala, Ryan Rickelton, Duanne Olivier.

Olivier is back after Kolpak stint.  

Recent form :In the four first-class matches in 4-Day Franchise series, the pacer has bagged 28 wickets at an average of 11.14 with 9 for 95 being his best in a game.

Elgar.    

Markram 

Keegan Peterson / verryne

Van der dussen

Bavuma

Qdk

Mulder

Mahraj

Olivier

Nortje

Rabada

This is more or less their best team even after factoring in quota players. Only change for upgrade may be stuurman for mahraj. Jansen is a good player too. 

This is a strong side. I am so excited to see this series. My partner is a saffer and I love saffers too. Very hospitable people. My second team after india. 

We generally take saffers pretty seriously. Let's hope for a good win. Won't be easy. Kohli will lose 2 tosses for sure. So be prepared to bat last. 

someone mentioned on another forum that the 2018 series was the only one where all available wickets fell in every match, it was a close one which we didn't win because of the toss, AB and wrong team selections. Looking fwd to this one now and i think it will be a better series for a neutral viewer than the Ashes.

26 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

someone mentioned on another forum that the 2018 series was the only one where all available wickets fell in every match, it was a close one which we didn't win because of the toss, AB and wrong team selections. Looking fwd to this one now and i think it will be a better series for a neutral viewer than the Ashes.

I cant wait for this one. Going to be a cracker. 2 top bowling attacks going head to head will be scintillating to watch. Both have weak as f batting. 

48 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

In a 3 match series? Yeah I'd need some stats to back that up, short series can often be close & 60 wickets gone isn't that big of a deal in ~150 years of tests!