'Utter disrespect': Twitter enraged at BCCI, Ganguly for 'sacking' Virat Kohli

sarcastic

Respect for Kohli  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Was sacking of Virat the ODI captain done disrespectfully by BCCI/Ganguly?

• Yes, a player of such stature cannot be sacked as captain. He can only be convinced to relinquish his captaincy but not fired from the position.
    • The BCCI is right in its decision. However, they could have been more professional like informing him ahead of time and thanking him for his services etc.
    • No, BCCI is not disrespectful in any way but completely justified in its action. In fact, this action is already 2 years overdue.

3 minutes ago, Serpico said:

36 avg in fourth inning

51 avg in semis and finals

36 is a ghatiya average 

I am talking about World cup finals and semifinals. Lol

He hasn't played a single innings of note in knockouts (don't tell me you consider that 80 odd vs pak with six chances as a good innings) over a 24 years career. 

Just trying to say that's not how you evaluate a player. 

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

now I want trophies, bcoz if Kohli's captaincy was the only reason behind the Indians not winning anything despite their youngsters being as talented as Aussies of the  noughties (lol) then the next t20 and 50 over world cup should be ours

So you didn't expect to win trophies under Kohli?

Bilateral mat bolna

So Kohli did try his level best but others failed him?abhi bhi tumhara chalu hai

24 minutes ago, Adamant said:

36 is a ghatiya average 

I am talking about World cup finals and semifinals. Lol

He hasn't played a single innings of note in knockouts (don't tell me you consider that 80 odd vs pak with six chances as a good innings) over a 24 years career. 

Just trying to say that's not how you evaluate a player. 

The number of times he should have got out is irrelevant.

He made 80. What about the unfortunate times he got out when he shouldnt have been given out.

When was the last time Kohli made 80 or more in any final??? For the record Im seeting the bar high, I dont care how many chances he got!! lol.

40 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

So you didn't expect to win trophies under Kohli?

Bilateral mat bolna

So Kohli did try his level best but others failed him?abhi bhi tumhara chalu hai

Kohli was a mediocre ODI captain but on ICF I have seen posters saying that Kohli's captaincy was the sole reason behind us choking in knockouts despite us having a great team

Now with him gone as captain I expect trophies under Sharma as the sole reason behind our mediocrity has been removed. 

Padhna sikh le bhai. 

27 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

The number of times he should have got out is irrelevant.

He made 80. What about the unfortunate times he got out when he shouldnt have been given out.

When was the last time Kohli made 80 or more in any final??? For the record Im seeting the bar high, I dont care how many chances he got!! lol.

He has performed in knockouts of t20 WC and that too high quality innings without getting dropped six times. 

I was just saying that if you measure a player's performance by his knockout runs then you shouldn't be a Sachin fan at all. 

12 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Kohli was a mediocre ODI captain but on ICF I have seen posters saying that Kohli's captaincy was the sole reason behind us choking in knockouts despite us having a great team

Now with him gone as captain I expect trophies under Sharma as the sole reason behind our mediocrity has been removed. 

Padhna sikh le bhai. 

Tu likha toh theek se kr,ab likhe pe hi bolunga na

Kohli was a clueless leader,there have been many n number of one sided debates on this, don't think need another one here

We as fans always will expect from captains,we will always expect them to win us trophies that matter

Kohli didn't even win anything in IPL for RCB since 2013, that's a long long rope as captain despite being below average

1 hour ago, diga said:

Over & above the inability of the team to win any trophies, its the attitude of Kohli where he has not gelled well with fellow players, coaches and even antagonizing Ganguly which effectively killed his captaincy career.  And I dont think anybody takes kindly to 2017 champions trophy loss and double loss to Pak 

The problem is both 2017 CT and WT20 was Rohit Sharma sucking and getting out in first over. What was surprising this time was Rahul also was a massive failure.

It's funny in the beginning Kohli's aggressive attitude was considered an asset compared to Dhoni's calm and cool attitude. Kohli was compared to Ganguly in aggression.

The difference here is in CLASS. Dhoni groomed Kohli and mentored him to create seamless transition. BCCI didn't allow Kohli to do this transition properly to another VC. Rohit Sharma is the worst VC ever as firstly his test spot was never confirmed until they decided to drop Mayank Agarwal etc. to make way for him. Then in WT20 he never showed any assistance to Kohli and sided with Ashwin etc.

This is more and more seaming to me like BCCI backstabbed Kohli by first hinting him to resign from T20 squad in the guise of giving youngsters a chance and then using this against him to make Rohit captain in both formats. It's clear as day.

Let's see next WC if Rohit makes a bigger impact than Kohli. If somehow he regains form against left arm pacers in knockout games, then Rohit purposely got out without putting a price on his wicket to damage Kohli. I am sure Kohli will do the same to Rohit if this is true. Never a good thing politics like this. Should have made someone young the captain for T20 side at least.

The TOXIC influence Kohli has, I won’t be surprised if he gets kicked out of the Squad. 
Kohli doesn’t have to deliberately fail in batting to hamper India’s chances, he has been a failure in batting for quite some time now. 
It’ll be surprising if he scores at all under Rohit.

Time now is to slowly phase out this Toxic player and get a talented number 3 batsman… :nice:

Edited by asterix
1 hour ago, Adamant said:

am talking about World cup finals and semifinals.

Uh that is wc semis and finals. Maybe you should check it yourself. He played decent knocks in 96 and 003 too. Better than kohli easily. 

4th innings most great batsmen avg in 30s including Steve Smith

Edited by Serpico
28 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Uh that is wc semis and finals. Maybe you should check it yourself. He played decent knocks in 96 and 003 too. Better than kohli easily. 

4th innings most great batsmen avg in 30s including Steve Smith

Look at all his games in the 2011 WC tournament almost all of them was pure class.

Sachin murdering multiple Australians in the Tri Series Final vs Australia.

Wasnt even out either. Go to the last two minutes to see one of the worst LBW decisions given instantaneously too.

To appreciate SRT's knock, you need to remember almost NO ONE ever batted like this in an ODI, unlike T20 today which changed ODI cricket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GY0gGWs4J8

1 minute ago, asterix said:

Please don’t make it Sachin Vs Kohli thread.

Both can’t be compared…

Please stick to the topic.

I agree.

I was hoping someone could post as a response /video Kohli's match winning innings in the last 3-5 years for India in a tournament.

Here is a highlight of Kohli in a crucial final vs Pakistan.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/champions-trophy/video/420985